Happy happy joy joy

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think I'm prepared for the sleepless nights, but ya never know... I already get up around 5-5:30 for work and go to bed around 10-11, so hopefully the baby will wake up around those hours ;)

YJ, stick around, eh? :)

Gonna see the new Spiderman movie, although probably not on opening day...

No champagne as my wife doesn't drink alcohol - probably sparkling cider or something ;)

Name-wise, so far we have for a girl - Zephyr and a boy - Egan. But we're looking through the namebooks to see if anything else comes up.

M

Multani

Egan? Interesting name...I thought you were gonna call him Peter. ;)

Now, imagine what would happen if you called him Urza?
Just a thought. :D

A

Apollo

I do believe that in the comics, Spiderman named his daughter May, after his aunt...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my interest in comics and Magic does not extend to my wife, unfortunately ;) D&D is about the only thing close to it. So most of those names would be nixed (May's okay, but to my wife it's just a month name and it's not that exciting :) )

D

DÛke

I dunno...I've always been fond of Sebastian for a male, and Sandra for a female. Especially Sandra...that's a really nice name. Nikita for a female is cute also...

Zephyr and Egan are pretty exotic sounding too...

Zephyr is also a Middle Eastern/Arabian name, by the way. And Egan, for some reason, reminds me of German names...

T

terzarima

Egan reminds me of that guy off ghost-busters... some wacky menal picture I just link to that name for some odd wacky reason.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Egan I think is Irish, at least from what I remember what our books says. I can't remember where it said Zephyr might have originated.

Sebastian I think and actually is English, but it just sounds too "proper" to me. My wife likes it though...

T

theorgg

I'm fond of odd names, myself.

My brother is named "Joram," and I think it's a great name.

What will I name a kid if I ever get one?

I don't know, but it will probably start with "Z"

A

Almindhra

If I had a son, I would probably name him Lucas...That's my favorite male name...But, well, if things go how they are, having a Lucas Jr. would just be a little too much for me...But I really like Logan...I don't know why...

And for girl names, seeing as my real name is sort of unique, Dominique, I would want my girl to have an even more exotic name...I thought of Almindhra, but I feel thats sort of my name and kind of my identity...But definately a fantasy name would be in the works for my gal...

D

DÛke

You're right, Sebastian is too proper...but come on, it would give your son a "class," not that he'd need it. ;)

Middle Eastern/Arabian names most of the time have a meaning. My real name is Salam, and it means "peace." It also slang for "hi" or "hey." I noticed that it's even coming to the Western world. I must have encountered over 30 Americans who greet with "Salam." And the weird thing is, if you say "Salam" to almost anyone, they'd just subconsciously reply with "hey," or "hi," as if they knew the meaning! :D I really like it. One name I'm really fond of is "Noora," which is also my cousin's name. It would be unique to have an American girl named Noora; Noora is even unique in the Western world. It means "something of a phantasmal origin," or "...dim with brightness..." It's a very, very nice fantasy name for a girl. That's what I'd name my baby girl. As for a baby guy, I'm not sure...but Sebastian is what I like.

Davina is also a nice name for a girl, but it sounds a bit diabolic. Also Morrigan and Namoi. Roman is cool for a guy...

Here are some exotic female Arabian names...

Sabah (SA'BAA'H)(Means "upon the morning")
Fayrooz (Means "of a rare origin," and I think it's stone name too)
Azel (AZ'eL)(I'm not sure...)
Fatin (Fat'EEN)(Means "delicate," or something like that. I also think it's an ancient star's name, or a godess..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, most names have meaning. Mine means "king" or "leader of men" (or something like that).

Zephyr of course is "gentle breeze", Egan I can't remember. We also like Galen (Celtic, I believe) which also I can't remember. I'll probably remember when we actually decide on a name :D

Of those you listed, I like Azel probably.

T

theorgg

Morrigan, to use a term I recently found out what it means, swings both ways.

It can be either a guy's or a girl's name.

Davinia sounds... Angelic really... That's a nice name...

Dukey, you seem to know what a few "exhotic" names mean.. Do you know what either Jensen or Bohren mean in another language?

D

DÛke

Well, not really. I've heard of both names, especially Bohren...but I have no clue as to what they may mean, if anything.

I know the meaning of some of those names because they're Arabic, and I'm Arabian. Duh.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I'm guessing Jensen and Bohren are both Germanic, so I couldn't help too much either...

Zephyr comes from Greek... it's an actual greek word, but the only difference between it and the english word is that I think the Greek word only applied to northern winds.

The name "Alexander" means "protector of the people," and while it was surprisingly common in about 1986-7, it's pretty rare now. Of course, since the notable representatives of this name here are me and Arhar, it might not have the same effect. :)

How about Duske? (I added the "e" to make it sound slightly British, and a little mysterious... I'll stop blathering now.)

Or maybe Muad'Dib, if your wife has read Dune?

I'm so sure Spidey's kid will eventually find his/her way onto this forum (what with all Spidey knows about computers...) and wonder who all the strange people are who wanted to name him/her "Urza." :D So, hello! :)

I have a sudden urge to name someone Zinc. :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Why not name, if it's a him, Collins? It's a good name. Been working fine for my middle name.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

theorgg

Originally posted by DÛke

I know the meaning of some of those names because they're Arabic, and I'm Arabian. Duh.
Oops. *theorgg feels even dumber

And TCIM: I know that Bohren is Sweedish/Norwegean, but I havn't any idea what that actually turns out to mean.

M

MrXarvox

Zephyr is the West wind (not North), as referenced by my German translation Zephyr Falcon, called "Westwindfalke".

And now I make a plug for the name Matt. Everyone loves a Matt.

If it's a girl, I suggest Zhyanno or Zoya. The former is Xarvoxian for "jewel", I don't know the meaning of the latter but it's pretty.
There's just something about the letter 'Z'.