Explorers of Ixalan Game 3

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Explore Q...

Event: Trespass at Spitfire Bastion Deal 3 damage to target creature or player.

I'll hit Storm Fleet Aerialist for 3. Queen's Bay Soldier, done.

Spiderman: 16 (Pirates)
Quest: Sails Unfurled (The next creature that ETB under my control ETB with an additional +1/+1 ctr on it and it gains haste ueot)
Hand: 5
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Mt
(U) Crumbling Necropolis (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, B or R to my mana pool)

(U) Wanted Scoundrels (4/3; When ~ dies, target opponent creates two colorless Treasure artifact tokens with "T, Sac this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool".)

Graveyard: Storm Fleet Spy, Storm Fleet Aerialist
Exile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oversoul: 14 (Vampires)
Command Zone:
Hand: 4
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Tainted Field (T: Add C to my mana pool. T: Add W or B to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control a swamp.)

(T) Necropolis Regent (12/11; Flying. Whenever a creature I control deals combat damage to a player, put that many +1/+1 counters on it.) *6 +1/+1 counters*
(S) Queen's Bay Soldier (2/2)

Graveyard: Child of Night, Child of Night
Exile:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mooseman: 12 (Dinos)
Quest: Cannons to Port The next time you deal combat damage to the player on your left, draw a card.
Hand: 6
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(T) Mountain
(T) Forest
(U) Jungle Shrine (, L, ETB tapped. T: Add R, G, or W to your mana pool.)
(U) Prismatic Lens (, A, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 1, T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Melkor: 10 (Merfolk)
Quest: Prove Worthy The next time you deal combat damage to the opponent with the most life, create a Dinosaur token.
Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(T) (T) (U) Forest x2

(T) Prismatic Lens (T: Add 1; 1, T: Add 1 mana of any color)

(U) Merfolk Sovereign (2/2, Other Merfolk creatures you control get +1/+1, T: Target Merfolk creature is unblockable this turn)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Good question. It's been a while now since I read the rules on those. I'll see if I can find anything...

There it is!

Events fire immediately. They cannot be countered, but their effects can be responded to with instants or abilities. Once they are finished, they are removed from play.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
While I'm baffled that coating anything with venom would somehow make it survive damage, that does check out...

Quest: Sails Unfurled (The next creature that ETB under my control ETB with an additional +1/+1 ctr on it and it gains haste ueot)
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(U) Mountain

(U) Wanted Scoundrels (4/3; When ~ dies, target opponent creates two colorless Treasure artifact tokens with "T, Sac this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool".)
(U) Storm Fleet Aerialist (2/3; Flying; Raid-~ ETB with a +1/+1 ctr on it if I attacked with a creature this turn) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Storm Fleet Spy, Coat with Venom
Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Tainted Field (T: Add C to my mana pool. T: Add W or B to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control a swamp.)

(T) Necropolis Regent (12/11; Flying. Whenever a creature I control deals combat damage to a player, put that many +1/+1 counters on it.) *6 +1/+1 counters*

Exile:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quest: Cannons to Port The next time you deal combat damage to the player on your left, draw a card.
Hand: 6
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(T) Mountain
(T) Forest
(U) Prismatic Lens (, A, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 1, T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Quest: Prove Worthy The next time you deal combat damage to the opponent with the most life, create a Dinosaur token.
Battlefield:

(T) (T) (U) Forest x2

(U) Merfolk Sovereign (2/2, Other Merfolk creatures you control get +1/+1, T: Target Merfolk creature is unblockable this turn)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Crap
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(U) Mountain

(U) Storm Fleet Aerialist (2/3; Flying; Raid-~ ETB with a +1/+1 ctr on it if I attacked with a creature this turn) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains
(T,T) Swamp x2

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) (T) (U) Forest x2

Graveyard:
Exile:

Melkor

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Explore O: Event: Rejuvenating Waters You gain 4 life an an opponent of your choice gains 2 life. I choose Mooseman to gain the 2 life.

Scout Z

Done, discard Jungle Barrier (and I had previously discarded Prey Upon

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(U) Mountain

Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains
(T,T) Swamp x2

Exile:
Mooseman: 14 (Dinos)
Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Melkor: 14 (Merfolk)
Battlefield:

(T) (U) (U) Forest x3

(U) Prismatic Lens (T: Add 1; 1, T: Add 1 mana of any color)

Graveyard: Prey Upon, Jungle Barrier
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
Mass Mutiny
Responses?

Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Crumbling Necropolis (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, B or R to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Storm Fleet Spy, Coat with Venom, Mass Mutiny
Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains
(T,T) Swamp x2

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) (U) (U) Forest x3

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty, I'll take Oversoul's Regent and Melkor's Sovereign. I guess the Sails Unfurled is triggered so I'll give the counter to the Regent.

I'll attack Oversoul with the Regent and Aerialist and Mooseman with the Scoundrels.
Responses/blocks/take it?

Quest:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain

(T,A) Wanted Scoundrels (4/3; When ~ dies, target opponent creates two colorless Treasure artifact tokens with "T, Sac this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool".)
(T,A) Storm Fleet Aerialist (2/3; Flying; Raid-~ ETB with a +1/+1 ctr on it if I attacked with a creature this turn) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T,A) Necropolis Regent (13/12; Flying. Whenever a creature I control deals combat damage to a player, put that many +1/+1 counters on it.) *7+1/+1 counters*

Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains
(T,T) Swamp x2

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) (U) (U) Forest x3

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I got nothing, but the sails unfurled doesn't trigger since the creatures didn't ETB, just changed controller. They are still in the battlefield zone.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. So Oversoul takes 14 and is eliminated, Mooseman take 4, my Aerialist and Scoundrels get ctrs from the Regent's ability.

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain

(T) Wanted Scoundrels (4/3; When ~ dies, target opponent creates two colorless Treasure artifact tokens with "T, Sac this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool".)
(T) Storm Fleet Aerialist (2/3 from ctrs; Flying; Raid-~ ETB with a +1/+1 ctr on it if I attacked with a creature this turn) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Exile:
Mooseman: 10 (Dinos)
Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) (U) (U) Forest x3

(U)Merfolk Sovereign(2/2, Other Merfolk creatures you control get +1/+1, T: Target Merfolk creature is unblockable this turn)

Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't know what's so threatening about me. I've been eliminated first in every Explorers of Ixalan game we've done. You guys know I don't get to build my own deck in this one, right? :p