Events Decks: Spidey (Ultimate Sacrifice) vs Oversoul (Wrath of the Mortals)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Mountain, done.

Spidey: 11
Hand: 1
Library: 40
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Jungle Hollow (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool)
(U) Llanowar Wastes (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

(U) Face-down manifested creature #1 (2/2)

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk, Sultai Emissary, Tasigur-the Golden Fang, Zulaport Cutthroat, Bone Splinters, Whisperwood Elemental, Bone Splinters, Rot Shambler, Swamp
Exile: Rot Shambler
=====================================================================================
Oversoul: 15
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U,U) Mountain x3
(U) Izzet Guildgate (~ etb tapped. T: add U or R to my mana pool.)

(U) Battlefield Thaumaturge (2/1; Each instant and sorcery I cast costs 1 less to cast for each creature it targets. Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, it gains hexproof ueot.)

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood, Flames of the Firebrand, Lightning Strike, Guttersnipe, Mizzium Mortars
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Zulaport Cutthroat

Done

Library: 39
Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Swamp x2
(U) Jungle Hollow (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool)
(U) Llanowar Wastes (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

(S) Zulaport Cutthroat (1/1; Whenever ~ or another creature I control dies, Oversoul loses 1 life and I gain 1 life)

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk, Sultai Emissary, Tasigur-the Golden Fang, Zulaport Cutthroat, Bone Splinters, Whisperwood Elemental, Bone Splinters, Rot Shambler, Swamp
=====================================================================================
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U,U) Mountain x3

(U) Battlefield Thaumaturge (2/1; Each instant and sorcery I cast costs 1 less to cast for each creature it targets. Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, it gains hexproof ueot.)

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood, Flames of the Firebrand, Lightning Strike, Guttersnipe, Mizzium Mortars
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Spellheart Chimera, done.

Library: 39
Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Swamp x2

(S) Zulaport Cutthroat (1/1; Whenever ~ or another creature I control dies, Oversoul loses 1 life and I gain 1 life)

Library: 44
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Island x3
(T,U,U) Mountain x3

(S) Spellheart Chimera (5/3; Flying, trample. ~'s power is equal to the number of instant and sorcery cards in my graveyard.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dang. I was hoping you wouldn't have a burn spell. Cutthroat triggers.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Bone Splinters on your Chimera, saccing the Cutthroat and triggering it

Done

Spidey: 13
Library: 38
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Swamp x2

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk, Sultai Emissary, Tasigur-the Golden Fang, Zulaport Cutthroat, Bone Splinters, Whisperwood Elemental, Bone Splinters, Rot Shambler, Swamp, Brood Butcher, Zulaport Cutthroat, Bone Splinters
Oversoul: 13
Hand: 0
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Island x3
(T,U,U) Mountain x3

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood, Flames of the Firebrand, Lightning Strike, Guttersnipe, Mizzium Mortars, Lightning Strike, Spellheart Chimera
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spellheart Chimera (again), done.

Library: 38
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Swamp x2

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk, Sultai Emissary, Tasigur-the Golden Fang, Zulaport Cutthroat, Bone Splinters, Whisperwood Elemental, Bone Splinters, Rot Shambler, Swamp, Brood Butcher, Zulaport Cutthroat, Bone Splinters
Library: 43
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Island x3
(T,U,U) Mountain x3

(T) Battlefield Thaumaturge (2/1; Each instant and sorcery I cast costs 1 less to cast for each creature it targets. Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, it gains hexproof ueot.)
(S) Spellheart Chimera (6/3; Flying, trample. ~'s power is equal to the number of instant and sorcery cards in my graveyard.)

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood, Flames of the Firebrand, Lightning Strike, Guttersnipe, Mizzium Mortars, Lightning Strike, Spellheart Chimera
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp

Done

Library: 37
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Swamp x3

Library: 43
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Island x3
(T,U,U) Mountain x3

(T) Battlefield Thaumaturge (2/1; Each instant and sorcery I cast costs 1 less to cast for each creature it targets. Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, it gains hexproof ueot.)
(S) Spellheart Chimera (6/3; Flying, trample. ~'s power is equal to the number of instant and sorcery cards in my graveyard.)

Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Done.

Spidey: 5
Library: 37
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Swamp x3

Library: 42
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U,U) Mountain x3

(T) Spellheart Chimera (6/3; Flying, trample. ~'s power is equal to the number of instant and sorcery cards in my graveyard.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Come on, topdeck....

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Blisterpod

Done

Spidey: 5
Library: 36
Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Swamp x3

(S) Blisterpod (1/1; Devoid; When ~ dies, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sac this creature: Add C to my mana pool")

Library: 42
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U,U) Mountain x3

(T) Spellheart Chimera (6/3; Flying, trample. ~'s power is equal to the number of instant and sorcery cards in my graveyard.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, that's it. Good game! So obviously an early Leap is key for this deck :)

That's it, it seems we're out of Event decks.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Good game. I thought I was in big trouble and then I drew a second Spellheart Chimera and it actually connected. I think the is a matchup that can really go either way, although obviously Evolutionary Leap helps a lot.

I believe we passed over the two Tarkir Block event decks with the intention of pitting them against each other, so there's one more pairing before we've gone through the whole series...