Events Decks: Spidey (Ultimate Sacrifice) vs Oversoul (Wrath of the Mortals)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Emissary
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 14
Hand: 4
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Swamp
(U) Jungle Hollow (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool)

(T,A) Sultai Emissary (1/1; When ~ dies, manifest the top card of my library)

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk, Rot Shambler
Exile:
=====================================================================================
Oversoul: 19
Battlefield:

(U) Island
(T,T) Mountain x2
(U) Izzet Guildgate (~ etb tapped. T: add U or R to my mana pool.)

(T) Guttersnipe (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 1

Llanowar Wastes
Tasigur, the Golden Fang, delving for 1 (Shambler)

Done

Spidey: 14
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Jungle Hollow (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool)
(T) Llanowar Wastes (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)

(T) Sultai Emissary (1/1; When ~ dies, manifest the top card of my library)
(S) Tasigur, the Golden Fang (4/5; Delve; 2(G/U)(G/U): Put the top two cards of my library into my graveyard, then return a nonland card of Oversoul's choice from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk
Exile: Rot Shambler
=====================================================================================
Oversoul: 18
Battlefield:

(U) Island
(T,T) Mountain x2

(T) Guttersnipe (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ deals 2 damage to each opponent.)

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Battlefield Thaumaturge, and then...

-Flames of the Firebrand with 2 damage on Tasigur and 1 damage on Sultai Emissary, so it's discounted to only cost R. Guttersnipe hits you for 2, then Sultai Emissary dies and Tasigur sustains 2 damage. Also, something is manifested.
-Lightning Strike targeting Tasigur (discounted to only cost R). You take 2 more from Guttersnipe and Tasigur dies from accumulated damage.

I think that all happens anyway, but I forget if you might be able to do something while tapped out. Anyway, I'm tapped out and done.

Spidey: 10
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Jungle Hollow (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool)
(T) Llanowar Wastes (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)

(S) Face-down manifested creature (2/2)

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk, Flames of the Firebrand, Lightning Strike
Oversoul: 18
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T,T) Mountain x2
(T) Izzet Guildgate (~ etb tapped. T: add U or R to my mana pool.)

(U) Guttersnipe (2/2; Whenever I cast an instant or sorcery spell, ~ deals 2 damage to each opponent.)
(S) Battlefield Thaumaturge (2/1; Each instant and sorcery I cast costs 1 less to cast for each creature it targets. Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, it gains hexproof ueot.)

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood, Flames of the Firebrand, Lightning Strike
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. I'm tapped out as well so I got nuthin'.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Zulaport Cutthroat
Bone Splinters, saccing the Cutthroat, targeting the Guttersnipe

Done

Spidey: 11
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Swamp
(U) Llanowar Wastes (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk, Sultai Emissary, Tasigur-the Golden Fang, Zulaport Cutthroat, Bone Splinters
Oversoul: 17
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T,T) Mountain x2

(S) Battlefield Thaumaturge (2/1; Each instant and sorcery I cast costs 1 less to cast for each creature it targets. Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, it gains hexproof ueot.)

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood, Flames of the Firebrand, Lightning Strike, Guttersnipe
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Island done.

Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Swamp
(U) Llanowar Wastes (T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool. ~ deals 1 dmg to me)

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk, Sultai Emissary, Tasigur-the Golden Fang, Zulaport Cutthroat, Bone Splinters
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(U,U) Island
(U,U) Mountain x2

(U) Battlefield Thaumaturge (2/1; Each instant and sorcery I cast costs 1 less to cast for each creature it targets. Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, it gains hexproof ueot.)

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood, Flames of the Firebrand, Lightning Strike, Guttersnipe
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Whisperwood Elemental

Done - manifest top card

Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Swamp

(U) Face-down manifested creature #1 (2/2)
(S) Whisperwood Elemental (4/4; At the beginning of my end step, manifest the top card of my library.; Sac ~: Ueot, face-up nontoken creatures I control gain "When ~ creature dies, manifest the top card of my library")
(S) Face-down manifested creature #2 (2/2)

Library: 48
Battlefield:

(U,U) Island
(U,U) Mountain x2

(U) Battlefield Thaumaturge (2/1; Each instant and sorcery I cast costs 1 less to cast for each creature it targets. Whenever I cast a spell that targets ~, it gains hexproof ueot.)

Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
:eek: This could be it...

UUD, done.

Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Swamp

(S) Whisperwood Elemental (4/4; At the beginning of my end step, manifest the top card of my library.; Sac ~: Ueot, face-up nontoken creatures I control gain "When ~ creature dies, manifest the top card of my library")
(S) Face-down manifested creature #2 (2/2)

Battlefield:

(U,U) Island
(U,U) Mountain x2

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're almost at full life still!

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the first manifested creature
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 44
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Swamp
(U) Jungle Hollow (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool)

(T,A) Face-down manifested creature #1 (2/2)
(U) Whisperwood Elemental (4/4; At the beginning of my end step, manifest the top card of my library.; Sac ~: Ueot, face-up nontoken creatures I control gain "When ~ creature dies, manifest the top card of my library")
(U) Face-down manifested creature #2 (2/2)

Battlefield:

(U,U) Island
(U,U) Mountain x2

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 2

Rogue's Passage

Done - EDIT: manifest the top card of my library

Library: 43
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Swamp
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

(T) Face-down manifested creature #1 (2/2)
(U) Whisperwood Elemental (4/4; At the beginning of my end step, manifest the top card of my library.; Sac ~: Ueot, face-up nontoken creatures I control gain "When ~ creature dies, manifest the top card of my library")
(S) Face-down manifested creature #3 (2/2)

Oversoul: 15
Battlefield:

(U,U) Island
(U,U) Mountain x2

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops, I should have manifested another creature at the end of my turn. Is that a mandatory action or should I just leave it since I forgot about it?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, it is mandatory. I'd say in a vacuum it would probably only give you another potential option anyway. Like you happen to manifest a creature big enough that you could turn it face-up and have it survive the Mizzium Mortars, then that might be something you'd want to do. Whereas if you only manifested a Swamp or something, it wouldn't really matter anyway...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
For casual play, If a triggered ability is forgotten (or any other game error is made) and the error is discovered later, players should alert the judge. The judge will try and fix the error if possible and, if not, the game will just continue.
With a couple of exceptions for higher rules enforcement, Your opponent gets to decide whether he or she wants the trigger to happen or not.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It might also be a consideration for decking, if the game went on that long :)

Okay, I'll manifest a card at the end of my turn (thanks Oversoul) and edit the post above.

In response to the Mortars, I'll tap G and Rogue's Passage to turn up #2 to reveal Rot Shambler, and after it resolves, I'll sac the Elemental to give the Shambler the manifest ability when it dies.

Mortars resolves, revealing #1 to be Bone Splinters and #3 to be a Swamp and I manifest another card from Shambler dying.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Done.

Library: 41
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Swamp
(U) Rogue's Passage (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Target creature can't be blocked this turn)

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk, Sultai Emissary, Tasigur-the Golden Fang, Zulaport Cutthroat, Bone Splinters, Whisperwood Elemental, Bone Splinters, Rot Shambler, Swamp
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T,T) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood, Flames of the Firebrand, Lightning Strike, Guttersnipe, Mizzium Mortars
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp

Done

Library: 40
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

Graveyard: Nantuko Husk, Sultai Emissary, Tasigur-the Golden Fang, Zulaport Cutthroat, Bone Splinters, Whisperwood Elemental, Bone Splinters, Rot Shambler, Swamp
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T,T) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Lightning Strike, Searing Blood, Flames of the Firebrand, Lightning Strike, Guttersnipe, Mizzium Mortars
Exile: