WWYT Round 5 - Results

E

EricBess

After the previous high-scoring round, I wanted a question with more diversity of answers. There seemed to be a couple different ideas on what constituted "classic", but both sides had good showing, so it didn't seem to be a detriment. There were a lot of really good answers this time, with only one answer that stood out as a must-have. I must say that my incentive for this question was that I just purchased Myst 3: Exile, so I was a bit disappointed that only Gerode listed Myst as an answer :) Off topic, Exile is quite good. If anyone enjoyed Myst, but was reluctant to get Exile because of Riven, give it a try. I think you will be glad you did.

Doom (9) - this is the fewest we have ever had for the most guessed answer
Diablo (5)
Castle Wolfenstein (5) - some put Wolfenstein 3D and other variations. I made a judgement call to group them all. Ironically, I'll bet some who put this answer never actually played the original Castle Wolfenstein.
Pong (5)
SimCity (4)
Tomb Raider (4) - Not a lot of Angelina Jolie fans here?
Tetris (3)
Solitaire (3)
Minesweeper (3)
Quake (3)
Warcraft (3)
Pac Man (3)
Ultima (3)
Bard's Tale (2)
Baldur's Gate (2)
Final Fantasy (2)
Frogger (2)
Centipede (2)

And, the 1 pt answers:
Chess, Hearts, Snake, Microprose: MTG, Starcraft, Q*Bert, Asteroids, Everquest, Age of Empires, Black and White, Myst, Wizardry, Wing Commander, Rogue, Space Invaders, Might and Magic, King's Quest

Many pointed out that certain games, like Pong, Pac Man, etc. were not technically computer games. But, that doesn't really matter since quite a few people gave those answers.

Chaos Turtle - 25 (5)
nodarb - 25 (5)
Hetemti - 23 (2)
Rando - 23 (2)

Gerode - 22
rkoelsch - 21
Istanbul - 20
Ransac - 20
Azreal - 17
Sleepy - 16
Melkor - 15
Apollo - 14
sageridder - 13
the Orgg - 13
TurdCutter - 13
Spiderman - 8

CT's strong showing with a tie for first gives him an overall tie for first as well since Gerode finished just short of the points this round:

Gerode - 11
Chaos Turtle - 11
TurdCutter - 8
nodarb - 7
Hetemti - 7
Melkor - 5
Rando - 5
Ransac - 3
Spiderman - 3
sageridder - 2
fuzzy - 2
Istanbul - 2
sleepy - 1

I

Istanbul

Right there with ya, man...I'm always just a few points short of scoring.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Chess! chess is installed on practically every computer under games, how could you people not pick it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. well i guess i did pretty good, i'm glad i took that chance on doom

M

Mundungu

And nobody listed "Civilization" or "Railroad Tycoon !"
what a shame ...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As I noted to EricBess when answering this, I was afraid I wouldn't do too well because of differing opinions of "classic" and I'm a bit older than some here :). Hence, I put down most of the old RPG's like Wizardry, Ultima, and Bard's Tale.

I have played the original Castle Wolfenstein on the Apple II+, what a hoot. :) Despite the stinky path-finding of the enemy and the ASCII graphics, the random layout of the castle each time made it very hard to win.