What should Akroma look like?

What should Akroma's art have been?

• Incorrect representation: Angel form as is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Book majority: Angel torso with jaguar lower half.

• Showdown: As directly above, but with metal spider-like legs.

• Drool: Just have her in tattered clothing and give her even BIGGER jugs.

• Total voters
N

Notepad

In the novel, Akroma had two forms. One was her jaguar centaur look, and the second was after being in the deathwurm and getting those metal spider leg implants or whatever they were. Why in the world did WotC go and make the artwork show her Onslaught form? If the painting was a showdown between the two women, it should have shown her at the time of the showdown, as the jaguar centaur with the metal legs.

T

train

I t could be WOTC foreshadowing that she's a shapeshifter...

N

Notepad

Shapeshifter? She got messed up in battle once, and then got her legs partially digested by a wurm, hence the patchwork "repairs" done to her.

But Spidey, you have a good point. Sadly, that sort of shows how inept WotC's storyline/continuity department is. Sure, angel form looks best for the little skript kiddiez to jerk it to, but they should be going for storyline accuracy, I'd say.

Speaking of kiddiez getting their jollies...I can't believe two people voted for the big jug version. I knew there'd be folks who'd vote on that...but two so fast...

...PUKES...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was one of those... I haven't really read the books or kept up with the storyline specifically like that, so that choice was the equivalent of "I don't care" :p

N

Notepad

Sicko, man...bad Spidey!

I am glad, however debased as female character representations may be in the game, that Magic has not devolved to the point of video game women. At least Akroma is pretty much covered, rather than a beach bimbo.

However, Phage is wearing about one square inch of total clothing, which is very disturbing...

Z

Zhaneel

I for one am quite glad that it hasn't devolved that far. I guess they realize that they do have a few female players. Or maybe they just have morals.

B

BigBlue

**chortle** Morals.... hehe.... Wizards? **snicker** Bahahaha

I think it's all about sex sells, partially clothed=partially nude... it all depends on perspective. To the parent, they are clothed, to the sKriPt KiddiZ they are damn near naked... it's the best of both worlds.

I particularly find it ironic that the skimpiest women in the artwork are Angels, supposedly the most heavenly and chaste of all...

Oh, and the angel is all about them making her white. half Jaguar in any form would be more green.

N

Notepad

Agreed how strange it is about the angels being...slutty...

Since when did angels dress is tight leather pants with slits in the sides, and have breasts so big they laugh at basketballs (okay they aren't that bad on Akroma, but close)? So much for the robes and togas of old...

The sex sells thing really kicks off in the Legions novel. Though nothing graphic is done, there are plenty of nudity and sex scenes that are cut away from, and plenty of innuendo to go around...enough for a skript kiddie to get his jollies, and enough to keep a retarded parent at bay.

About Akroma being an angel, I think its for the reasons above. She was plenty a white creature, just having been poorly rebuilt by Ixidor. Though her lower half was a forest critter, her heart and mind were so fascist she still remained a white creature.

T

train

It is all about sex sells..:rolleyes:

Oh - Zhaneel - I found that Basalt Monolith...;)

N

Notepad

Originally posted by train
It is all about sex sells..:rolleyes:

Oh - Zhaneel - I found that Basalt Monolith...;)
But flan isn't phallic...

..oh wait, I see...

EWWW!!!

How dare they do that to fossilized flan!!!

T

train

It was a twist to the basalt monolith found in my birthday thread Zhaneel... remember - gryphons don't fit on brass poles...

N

Notepad

Hey, if youz twoz 're gonna cyber in public, can you at least make it just a tad more geeky? There's Brainburst readers trolling and they want to see some action.

For the rest of us: Get your weapons ready. Once the Brainburstians come out from hiding to see the show, let's bop them and steel their foil rares! Mwahaha!

HAH!

Z

Zhaneel

Hold thy tongue and perish the thought! *mutters* dirty-minded little...

N

Notepad

Sorry, but I saw Zwi over there getting all salivating over the thought of the monolith, and while he was distracted I thought it would be cool to take his foil Psychatogs...and burn them. ;)

A

Apollo

*Apollo sits in rapt attention with his eyes fixed on Zhaneel, waiting for her to make use of the monolith.*

;)

Z

Zhaneel

*taps the monolith and adds 3 colorless mana to her mana pool*

now what? ;) :D

I know. I'm cruel.