Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-The Power Phase is 6 for this turn.
-Throg's Arcane Knowledge gives him +4 Initiative this turn and allows him to cast the Finger of Life spell once this turn.
-Throg moves forward to the edge and drops a right boot into the river. He watches the boot closely this time. It definitely doesn't sink right away, but the current does pull it below the surface before Throg loses track of it. Throg is able to note that the way the boot was swept away so quickly, this liquid is flowing much faster than a natural river or stream usually would on level ground.
-Revaethan leaps onto a nearby post...

Arjen and Coril suddenly appear on one of the posts. Arjen breaks away from Coril and skips onto the edge of the post, then telports away. Coril draws his bow and takes aim at Carrow...

WHQTSEEWCOBA-01.png

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg will leap onto the post that Coril is standing on and try to knock Coril into the river and/or cut his head off.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty will look to join Throg if possible, and will stand ready if he has to wait for an opportunity to engage Coril otherwise.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Tomas casts Spear of Light, impaling Coril on an exploding bolt of pure energy (7 damage).
-Tomas casts Ogre Strength on Throg.

-Jekaena looks confused at first, but quickly recovers and heeds Dorgath's instruction to the best of her ability. Jekaena casts Invisibility on Carrow, protecting him.
-Kelgar blesses, um, someone? Melkor, what does your character do? According to Melkor, Kelgar apparently decides to bless Throg and himself with Steadfast. Yes. Melkor is definitely still playing this character. Just ask him, he'll tell you! :p

Coril's face contorts with rage as Carrow goes invisible in yet another encounter. He roars with a battle-cry and shifts his bow to aim at someone else...

-Coril shoots at Throg, but Throg's mystical helmet-field makes him hard to hit and the shot narrowly misses him.
-Coril misses another shot.

-Throg rushes and leaps onto the platform with Coril.
-Throg swings his axe and misses completely.
-Throg chops at Coril's head (8 damage).
-Throg pivots and heaves his axe in another blow...

-Coril dodges Throg's attack.
-Throg kicks at Coril, but the elven warrior easily avoids it.
-Throg's poisonous bite fails unremarkably.
-Throg's slashes with his claws and Coril casually leans out of reach.
-Throg fails to hypnotize anything.

-Carrow is invisible!
-Revaethan gapes at this sudden event and ponders whether to continue crossing or to move laterally and assist Throg...
-Dorgath hits Coril with a crossbow bolt to the ribs, but Coril's armor absorbs most of the force of it (1 damage).
-Dorgath lands another shot (2 damage).
-Ty rushes to the edge and gets ready to leap onto the platform.

-Coril draws his sword and stabs Throg (25/29).
-Coril slashes and Throg parries it.

Arjen calls out from behind Coril, intoning with an air of boredom...

"Sorry, but I don't like this at all. Let's move."

Arjen teleports himself and Coril onto a different platform.

-Throg's Finger of Life fizzles.
-Jekaena casts Heal Wounds on Throg (26/29).

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So I've been trying to post again and the forum is really acting up. It duplicated two posts I tried to make, then deleted both copies when I tried to get rid of the extras. This is frustrating. First things first, here's the updated map of the room and everyone's positions...
WHQTSEEWCOBA-02.png

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Second thing...

Just wanted to note for the particularly active players here that we've got more extra characters than normal. Jekaena probably isn't going far right now (she can move 3 spaces per turn and cannot leap onto platforms). But we've also got Revaethan (NPC), Tomas (Rokapoke's character, but Rokapoke hasn't logged in for over a year), and Kelgar (Melkor obviously still posts at the CPA but not usually in this thread, so my apologies if he does check in right now and want to direct his own guy's movements). Using those other characters may or may not help you pin down your teleporting opponents. I dunno. I probably either made this encounter either too hard or too easy, but we'll see... :p

Third thing...

-The Power Phase is 1! An Unexpected Event occurs...
-Coril readies his bow to take aim again...

For some strange reason, fish seem to be raining from the ceiling. Diverse species of exotic ocean fish fall all around you.

(I'll be adding rations to the inventories of all of our Warriors to account for this sudden event.)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Sorry. I noted it the first time but didn't clarify this time around. They only briefly "share" the platform. Arjen doesn't stay with Coril. He teleports him onto a platform and teleports away himself. Then he teleports himself directly behind Coril, grabs him, and teleports both of them onto another platform, then teleports himself away and leaves Coril behind.

turgy22

Nothing Special
-Throg's poisonous fails unremarkably.
I'm trying to figure out how to read this sentence. Is poisonous the noun?

Tomas (Rokapoke's character, but Rokapoke hasn't logged in for over a year)
I know Rokapoke IRL and although I haven't talked to him about this, I'm pretty sure he wants Tomas to be Throg's slave for the rest of the adventure.

Throg will order Tomas to cast Rebound on Throg and blast Coril with another light spear.
Then Throg will hop closer to the south side of the map in an attempt to engage Coril in melee again.
If he can't hop 3 times this turn, he'll hop once and throw fancy boots at him, instead.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm trying to figure out how to read this sentence. Is poisonous the noun?
The word "poisonous" is an adjective, not a noun. In this case, it is an adjective modifying a noun that got excised during hasty editing.

I know Rokapoke IRL and although I haven't talked to him about this, I'm pretty sure he wants Tomas to be Throg's slave for the rest of the adventure.
Seems legit!

Throg will order Tomas to cast Rebound on Throg and blast Coril with another light spear.
Then Throg will hop closer to the south side of the map in an attempt to engage Coril in melee again.
If he can't hop 3 times this turn, he'll hop once and throw fancy boots at him, instead.
Tomas only has 4 Power floating for this turn. Will he be dipping into his Power Store to cast those spells? I was thinking of that as a cautionary inquiry because you're probably not used to the way the Wizard character works, but it's actually a reasonable idea. Other than saving stored Power for emergency healing, there's not likely to be another use for it as pressing as dealing with a powerful foe that is difficult to hit with other attacks...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
How big are these platforms? They sound large enough to hold at least two people? Any more "comfortably" or are three or more flailing to keep their balance?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty will attempt to avoid the fish while holding down the left side of the room, moving along the "1" column to D1 or possibly F1 if he has enough movement to get that far.

Can Carrow attack while invisible? Would the arrows stay invisible in flight?

turgy22

Nothing Special
Tomas only has 4 Power floating for this turn. Will he be dipping into his Power Store to cast those spells? I was thinking of that as a cautionary inquiry because you're probably not used to the way the Wizard character works, but it's actually a reasonable idea. Other than saving stored Power for emergency healing, there's not likely to be another use for it as pressing as dealing with a powerful foe that is difficult to hit with other attacks...
Tomas will dip into whatever power stores he has. Throg doesn't mind if he runs out of energy.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
How big are these platforms? They sound large enough to hold at least two people? Any more "comfortably" or are three or more flailing to keep their balance?
They are big enough to hold two people, but with no real room to maneuver while fighting.

Can Carrow attack while invisible? Would the arrows stay invisible in flight?
First question: no. Second question: I'm sorely tempted to say yes, and it doesn't matter anyway, but let's go with no.

Alright, so Ty will be moving to B1 and he'll prepare to leap onto D1. Tomas will stay where he is and lob another Spear of Light. Throg will be leaping onto F3. Where's everyone else going?