The Road to Tourneyland: Just about the saddest day in American History.

Killer Joe

Hi All,
I'm over the extreme saddness and am now experiencing extreme anger. But last night, I needed to get away from the TV and try to submerge myself into this game I love. Iwent to a T2 tourney at the shop. Wonka was there and a few other regulars.
Mostly everybody seemed okay, and only Doug <insert slap happy clarinet solo here> was not fully aware of the extent of what was going on, he's a rogue citizen (ie, he basically came home from work at 7 am and went to sleep until 5pm and came to the shop).
Anyway, I was with the Hagstead U/W Control, Wonka was kinda using the same deck except without my 'secret sideboard tech'. Other decks were Golden Arch's (Dragon Domain), U/R Counter-Bolt, U/b Dark Fish, and Doug's B/W DesAngel.
It was a round robin, winner would take $12 in store credit and 2nd takes $6 in store credit.
I'm not goona make this long, so I'll just stat it:

Round 1 vs Eric (Golden Arch's)---------------------------------------------
Eric just came back to Magic after leaving when Ice Age just came out. I just love talking to these kinds of guys, they still remember Magic just like it was from those days, when it was fresh and unaffected by the "Net.decs". I beat him quite soundly both games.
2-0 games
1-0 matches

Round 2 vs Wonka (Mirror Match,...sorta :))-----------------------------
Wonka, in real life, is,.....well........nevermind, I'll leave it up to your own imagination (and I'm sure you wouldn't get it right :)). So he's with this U/W Control deck and we just stare at each for for like a billion turns and I somehow win. Both games.
4-0 games
2-0 matches

Round 3 vs K-man (name witheld due to ties to team CMU)---------
I won both games and that's all I'm allowed to say at this time.
6-0
3-0

Round 4 vs D-man (U/R Counter-Bolt)-------------------------------------
Good Gawd! He burned me practically to hell and back, but U/W preveild as I had Story Circle in play (no good against the Rage though :(). And I Mill him to death both games!!!!!
8-0
4-0

Round 5 vs Doug (He's 4-0, too)
I said, "Doug, wanna split the winnings?"
Doug, "No, I never split with Wonka, so I'm gonna keep up the tradition."
ME: "Shuffle, you bastard."
Game 1: I win, despit his sad DesAngel trickery.
Game 2: He wins despit his effective DesAngel trickery
Game 3: I win, due to Mageta, The Heroic Warriror!

10-1
5-0

I net $12 store credit and leave the shop. I come home to watch more of the horrific day's event's :(.........................

W

Wonka

Hey Ortego. My deck did ok. I got so mad when I lost to Kz and you, I just let everybody have wins. I actually beat Derek, Ice Age Guy and Doug. I just let them win. Deck is good. I haven't did this bad since I started.