The "Let's Design a Set Together" Game

L

Limited

I've got no issue with the casting cost, I just feel the card is trying to change too much about the game.

I know I'm a sucker for subtle cards with small effects that force to consider all cards in your deck.. but this card is just a one-card game changer. I could imagine splitting the abilities on the card on several different cards, so that you could build a deck combining them, creating this 'other' game.

But that would still mean creating different cards which huge effects: Not allowing anymore creature spells, destroying all non-creature permanents, letting each player search for a creature each turn.. these all have a big impact on the game/board position.

(but, if I'm only allowed to change this card in respect to its casting cost, consider this:
a card that destroys all non-creature permanents: 6 mana
a card that lets every player fetch a creature each turn: 5 mana
a card that stops people from playing creature spells: 5 mana
a card that forces all creature to attack: 3 mana
a card that does all these things: priceless!)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yes the card is trying to change the game a lot, that's the idea.
I added the explanations on the card to help explain my thought process for the card, if that is insulting to you, I didn't mean it that way. :yawn:

I would like the card to work in multi-player games real well, but not so good in 1-on-1 games, so any ideas?

~if you have less than two opponents, sacrifice <THIS>~

L

Limited

I think its better if I just not comment anymore on this card ...

(except for this last thing:
If you put ~if you have less than two opponents, sacrifice <THIS>~ on a card, it won't do anything 99% of the time)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I kinda agree with Limited on this. If we break this up into different parts, instead of one broken card, we'd get a lot of "combo pieces" that don't necessarily wreck.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

Okay, here goes...

Starting with
Primal Struggle 4GGG
Legendary Enchantment
Whenever a player plays a spell, counter that spell.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player may search their library for a creature card and put into play
(Rare)

To set up the multiple card sequence.. all of the others have to be creatures

First of all, you want people to stop playing creature spells, not all spells. We could reprint Gaea's Herald for that, but I'll go with:

Big Hearted Oaf 3GG
Creature - Giant
Creature spells can't be countered
4/5
(Uncommon)

Now, we need a creature that'll destroy all non-creature permanents, but who'll leave the enchantment alone! Better not make it an come-into-play ability, because it'll be too abusive with Reanimation.

All-Devourer 3BBBB
Legendary Creature - Demon
3BBBB, Sacrifice <this>, T: Destroy all non-legendary permanents. They can't be regenerated
7/7
(Rare)

It doesnt really destroy all permanents, and the non-legendary clause it certainly abusable, but the activation cost should compensate for that.

Now all we need is a Grand Melee effect on a creature. Its obviously red.

Melee Elelmental 3RR
Creature - Elemental
Haste
All creatures must attack if able.
All creatures must block if able.
4/3
(rare)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Since I now need a new switchblade......

Switchblade
Instant
1R
Target blocking creature and target attacking creature deal damage equal to their power to each other.

or

Switchblade
Instant
1R
Choose 2 target creatures, their power becomes the toughness of the other and then they deal their power in damage to each other.

Not sure I like either of these...... hmmmmmmm

Lunar Tides
Enchantment
3U
Lands do not untap during their controllers' untap phases.
Whenever a land comes into play, untap all basic lands.
Tap an untapped basic land to untap a non-basic land, each player may use this only during their upkeep phase.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
SwitchBlade
Artifact - Equipment
When equiped creature becomes blocked, it gains First Strike and switch equiped creature's power and target blocking creature's power.

L

Limited

Hey Moose, what did you think of my cards? The broken-up pieces?

I definitely like the Switchblade as an equipment best.
Did one of the switch cards already exchange control of a creature (or permanent)? An equipment that has "Whenever equipped creature becomes blocked, exchange control of equipped creatures with all creatures blocking it" seems like fun!

Lunar Tide is very combolicious: just think of it combined with Thawing Glaciers :D
might be too much though..

Need further tweaking:

Capricious Horror 1BB
Creature - Horror
Fear
When ~ comes into play, an opponent (puts/may put) a card from your graveyard on top of your library
2/2

Capricious Paladin 1WW
Vigilance
????
2/3

I'm stumped on the white one

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I kind of got off the primal struggle tangent.... I'll have to come back to them with a fresh view.

Swithblade
equipment
Equip 1: Whenever equped creature is blocked you may switch control of equiped creature and all creatures blocking it.

Lunar Tides could be changed to "Tap all untapped basic lands you control to untap a non-basic land, each player may use this only during their upkeep phase."

Capricious Horror - Ithink it should be must.

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
Death By Misadventure needs to have to flip a coin, no matter what else it does.

Each player flips a coin for each creature they control, if they lose the flip, the creature is RFG.

Or

Whenever a creature attacks or blocks, flip a coin, if you lose the flip that creature is RFG.
Its definitely a flipacoin card. How about:

Death by Misadventure BR
Instant
Destroy target creature that has been dealt damage this turn.
Whenever a creature attacks, if <this> is in your graveyard, flip a coin. If you win the flip, destroy that creature at end of combat. If you lose the flip, remove thsi card from the game.

Weird enough? Seems like a rare, or an uncommon at least.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
Its definitely a flipacoin card. How about:

Death by Misadventure BR
Instant
Destroy target creature that has been dealt damage this turn.
Whenever a creature attacks, if <this> is in your graveyard, flip a coin. If you win the flip, destroy that creature at end of combat. If you lose the flip, remove thsi card from the game.

Weird enough? Seems like a rare, or an uncommon at least.
Not quite weird enough.... this is almost too useful....

Destroy target creature.
Whenever an opponent's creature attacks, if <this> is in your graveyard, flip a coin. If you win the flip, destroy that creature and gain life equal to that creature's power, if you lose the flip, lose life equal to that creature's power.

but, still not quite weird enough..... hmmmmmm.....

L

Limited

You want weird?
How about:

Death by Misadventure BR
Instant
Destroy target red creature.
Whenever a non-red creature attacks, if <this> is in your graveyard, flip a coin. If you win the flip, destroy that creature at end of combat. If you lose the flip, that creature becomes red.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
Death by Misadventure BR
Instant
Destroy target red creature.
Whenever a non-red creature attacks, if <this> is in your graveyard, flip a coin. If you win the flip, destroy that creature at end of combat. If you lose the flip, that creature becomes red.
YES!!!!!!! Now that is weird......
But lets not print it yet... maybe someone else will make one even weirder....
Maybe we can have a contest to see who makes the weirdest version of this card...... This is too good a name to be hasty with :D

L

Limited

Death by Misfortune 1BR
Sorcery
Destroy target non-red creature. It's controller reveals the top card of his or her library. If a red card is revealed in this way, that player loses half of his or her life, rounded up.

L

Limited

A new idea:

Anguished Future 1UB
Enchantment
If a player would discard a card, if that player has no cards in his or her hand, that player puts the top card of his or her library into owner's graveyard.

or perhaps on a creature?

Anguishing Specter 2BU
Flying
When <this> deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.
If a player would discard a card, if that player has no cards in his or her hand, that player puts the top card of his or her library into owner's graveyard.
2/2

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
A new idea:

Anguished Future 1UB
Enchantment

or perhaps on a creature?

Anguishing Specter 2BU
Flying
When <this> deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.
2/2

Whenever a player would discard a card and has no cards in hand, that player instead puts the top card of his or her library into owner's graveyard.

Death by Misfortune needs to have a coin flip.... multiple coin flips would be better.