The "Let's Design a Set Together" Game

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The Black Plague
4BB
Enchantment
2BBB: Put a plague counter on <THIS>.
At the begining of your upkeep remove a plague counter and you lose 2 life.
Creatures get -X/-X for each plague counter on <THIS>.
R

Should I add a restraint like:
If there are more than X plague counters on <THIS>, where X is the number of swamps you control, sacrifice <THIS> and all opponents take X damage, you take XX damage.

Too much? Changes? Bring it on, I can take it....... hahaha :D

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
This is similar to the Black Enchantment 1 that we just agreed on. I don't think we need another card like this.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

I agree with Ransac; it too much like BlackEnchantment1.

But I think there are two excellent ideas here:
1) Something that slowly gathers counters in some way, but each upkeep you have to remove one (and removing it costs you something).

Bloodbowl 2BB
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a blood counter from <this>. If you do, you lose two life. (This is what you meant right?)
All creatures you control get +1/+1 for each bloodcounter on <this>
Sacrifice a creature: put a Blood counter on <this>

2) Something that start with no counters and waits for them to reach a certain level. I think it would be fun to give your opponent some influence on either the level or on giving you counters. For instance..

Sack of Bones 2BBB
Fear.
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on <this>
If the number of +1/+1 counters on <this> exceeds the number of swamps you control, sacrifice <this>. If you do, all opponents lose five live.
3/3

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Bloodbowl is a nice counter-effect card to BlackEnchantment1. These cards effectively show black as a plague to the living and a haven for the dead. Though, I think Bloodbowl sounds more like a red card name.

I REALLY like Sack of Bones. It reminds me of Kokusho, but not as immediately abusive.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I like both and they are sort of what I was going for. I was hoping that card would get the creative power moving.
I'm not thrilled with the BlackEnchantment 1 and I wanted to change it to something alittle slower.
But these work.
BloodBowl....hmmmmmm

Blood Bank?
Blood Knife?
Blood Rites?
Vampiric Frenzy?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Vampiric Frenzy
2BB
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a blood counter from <this>. If you do, you lose two life.
All creatures you control get +1/+1 for each bloodcounter on <this>
Sacrifice a creature: put a Blood counter on <this>.

Sack of Bones
2BBB
Creature - Skeleton
Fear.
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on <this>
If the number of +1/+1 counters on <this> exceeds the number of swamps you control, sacrifice <this>. If you do, all opponents lose five live.
3/3

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Dredge the Waters
1BU
Enchantment Aura
Enchant Creature
Whenever enchanted creature attacks and isn't blocked, you may put the top creature card from defending player's graveyard into play under your control. If you do, enchanted creature deals its damage to controller instead.
R

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Oh wow....... that's great......

You know, this card may be warranted as mono black (2BB, course) or R/B. There isn't much blue influence in the card.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Blue is the control opponents creature part, black is the graveyard recursion.
It's just Bone Dancer in enchant creature format..... with a little change.....
I just thought that Bone Dancer is such a great powerful card and it could really power a deck, that I'd want some thing like that in our set..... well. maybe it should look in the RFG zone too.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Idea for a theme of a few cards.
Big defense but small power, like 1/4 and 1/5

Seething Warrior
2RR
When <this> becomes blocked, target blocking creature gets First strike, <THIS> gets +X/+0 for each damage dealt to <THIS>
Other effects that alter <THIS>'s power and toughness have no effect.
1/5

Anything?

L

Limited

I like it.

Does it get +X/+0 permanently? Or just this combat? (and should it be combat damage that triggers counters?)

And we need to translate its second ability into Maginese ;)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yes combat damage should trigger the counters, since first stike damage will pump him up for regular damage.
Till end of turn needs to be added,...... i forgot :eek:

Yeah, the second ability needs magic'd up..... but it needs to keep the same effect. I almost thought to extend the effect to creatures blocked or blocking it...... hmmmmm that may be too good.

L

Limited

Do we really need the second ability? (I am having a hard time translating it :))

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Doesn't seem to be anything diectly related to this.

How about:
Ignore all other effects that alter <THIS>'s power and toughness.
or
All other effects that alter power and/or toughness have no effect on <THIS>.

I want to include effects that don't target.
This also keeps it from being pumped w/trample..... like Overrun.....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man

I like this wording the best.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Seething Warrior
2RR
When <this> becomes blocked, target blocking creature gets First strike, <THIS> gets +X/+0 for each combat damage dealt to <THIS>, until EOT.
1/5

Now I need one for each color, or not.
A white flyer would be good, maybe a black one with flanking.... :D

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Volatile Guard
4WW
Creature - Warrior
Flying
When <this> becomes blocked, target blocking creature gets First strike, <THIS> gets +X/+0 for each combat damage dealt to <THIS>, until EOT.
1/6

Dark Guard
1BB
Creature - Warrior Berserker
1/4