The Gamble

D

DÛke

Alright. I confess. I like Tatu. <flings near empty bottle of beer out the now-broken window> Not just for the music, but for the creative lyrics as well. Their voices are average. <pushes play: "Not Gonna Get Us," by Tatu, plays>

<takes off shades and lights pipe> What I don’t understand <takes a puff> is the “big deal” about them being in the sexual “minority” – I think it’s the sexiest thing since women, and the entire album, actually, is one heck of a ride about them being emotionally dedicated while dealing with the world that calls Nature “wrong.” As I have always believed, it’s not really about the sexual “preference” or the life “style” of others, but about the way in which we, the “normal” ones, treat others and their own needs. I for one believe that the looking into, judging, and summing up one’s character based one what he or she unwillingly feel is downright inhumane, and if there is a such thing as “evil,” let that be it.

<after more smokes, enters theatrics mode>

Now these are sweet girls with so much passion in their hands. I don’t need more than that to look into their character. How many out there can offer as little as this simple passion? I must say that most of the time what people condemn in these lovely ladies, and what people condemn in general, is possibly what they secretly envy – the free spiritedness and nuclear passion which always speaks for itself. Who can let his or her talent and that uncertain something, strive and strife, speak for itself? Most people have nothing to talk about other than the common and average everyday experience, the “happiness of today” – there is nothing about them that desires more – there’s nothing explosive and fatal about their nature. Everything is safe, everything is secure…everything is peaceful, and tolerant, and loving! Consequently everything is tedious and miserable and in any case downfalling and inwardly foreign to what is peaceful. And envious and condemning! and not loving at all. They are, if analyzed as either “profound” or “worthless,” would belong to the “nothing” pile that happens to consume air, food, resources, and offer…nothing. In their condemnation they are always envious – so envious, in fact, to the point that they immediately resist the thought of them being a tad bit inferior. The thought is an impossibility! “How can I be inferior! Not even God can prove it!”

<Takes gun out>

And again, I can’t resist but fire my usual bullets against us and ourselves <points gun at his head>, we, the so-called “rational” species, we the “freethinking individuals.” <makes a "Kaboom!" sound> Doesn’t the idea of “freethinking individuals” itself signal towards something so ancient and so rotten, that it has become a mere utterance today <points gun towards listener>, an idiosyncrasy and average nature? and the age long dream of “rationality”! how much I would love to shatter such falsification of our nature, which is, if anything, not rational.

<Takes out a second gun>

"Freethinking individuals." <melancholic smile> It’s high time we look into that curious piece of naiveté and start being a little more realistic about it, for the sake of our era: the rarest of the rare are individuals, everyone else has never mattered to the furthering of this world or humanity, everyone else is a mere passerby and a midpoint between life and death, who looks at and learns from the “high peaks” of humanity, and nevertheless remains unlearned and pathetic, perhaps even more so pathetic than he once existed! who adapt and clone only the best and yet nevertheless remains only experienced in the art of wretchedness, only a bad trace of what is original and bold! who have never been familiar with the language and feeling of freedom yet nevertheless hold “Freedom!” as a motto and basis of belief! Nothing has mattered, other than the rarest of the rare. Everyone else has been a consequence - mostly a misfortunate consequence, which I would even like to call an accident. <points the second gun at the listener>

Nevertheless – oh yes! how thankful you ought to be for this "nevertheless" of mine! – nevertheless, my optimism still shines through – they’re not gonna get us! even the lowest of us deserves his place within the gravity of life, without him, this poor and petty creature, would we, we the others, be able to understand ourselves? <scratches chin with one gun> Would we be able to push the limits, pull the standard, and test the waters? Our strength, in fact, is derived from this unholiest of the unholy! And for that, we grow thankful rather than resenting, accepting and even “resigning” as opposed to seeking to “change” the course of this world.

<Repoints both guns at listener> Wouldn't you agree?

<Pauses for a while, then, with the guns, signals the listener to sit down>

Little do many know, that the world is the most beautiful and peaceful place to have ever existed – ever! We, the others, know how necessary the subhuman is! We know the standard he represents and the barrier to be crushed – we know, from our pains and our blood, how great of an aid the subhuman has always been and will always be.

<hands the listener one of the guns>

Blessed is he who sees through and through to the deepest shallowness of today’s “deep” individuals – he will vomit his entire being. And Blessed is he who nevertheless retains his smile and be thankful and cheerful, even when the darkest hour is dawning and the sky receding.

<holds gun with both hands and points it at the listener>

What will you do?

No! Look at me when I'm talking to you! and point that damn gun at me! No. Don't check the gun. Don't breathe. Don't do a thing!

Point.

Your.

GUN! AT! ME!

<nods>

Alright.

Now. What will you do?

I tell you it's loaded. Mine is too, I assure you. What will you do? The slightest movement and I might do any of many number of things. <snickers> <smiles> <laughs hysterically> T...te...tell me...oh yes, tell me <hysteria increasing>...do you think the gun I gave you is loaded? Be honest now! <laughter is reaching the brink of madness> TELL ME!

S

Svenmonkey

Well that was awfully strange. I don't know how all of that came from someone liking Tatu. And isn't their homosexuality just a show?

And I do not think the gun is loaded.

D

DÛke

<takes a drink of something while sitting in the dim, bar-like room> We'll just have to wait until we see what other listeners think about the...

...<cough>...the Gun Question. Though you will be treated individually.

And...where did you hear that their homosexuality is just a show? I mean, I always wished it was. <thinks "happy" thoughts>

S

Svenmonkey

I got it from a homosexual kid in my school who listens to them.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I think it's loaded but I don't care. In fact I would much rather have my gun contain no bullets than I would that yours did. Perhaps this is how sick I am.

The guy who produced the T.a.t.u. album was in Yes at one point.

M

Mazzak

I think both guns shoot jellybeans and that you should never point them at anyone because you could put an eye out.

D

DÛke

Now that I think about it, their sexuality is irrelevant. The relevant parts comes in when the world - especially Europeans - reacted towards them. Even if their sexuality is just a sales pitch, the fact is that many didn't "take it so well."

And honestly, the music is really fun and the words are great: their sexuality aside, they are still a breath of fresh air and a vacation from straight-out pop.

Now...<points gun at ceiling and fires - the gun fires. Then points gun back at listener.>

Svenmonkey - you say the gun is loaded. There is one way for you to find out: you either try it on my head or on yours. <pauses for a while, and pulls out a cigarette> Now, the thing is, you must test and see if it is loaded or not, and you have to try it either on yourself or on me. What will you do?

TICM - you carelessly claim the gun is loaded. Well then, we're a bit hasty aren't we? We, or...I...need to know if it is loaded or not. You have two choices: you put that gun against your head and fire, or point it at mine and fire. Let's see you careless now.

Mazzak - <looks at Mazzak with disdain> you suggest the gun aint capable of tearing the tissue within your head. Your only choice is to point at yourself and fire. I demand to see faith along with your claim. Don't look at me like that! You point that gun on your forehead, and fire!

S

Svenmonkey

I think I'll try it on my own head since it'll be so amazingly dramatic.

It's sort of silly that I couldn't test it on a wall or something, though.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

There are two responses I have to this situation.

My intellect doesn't care and couldn't be bothered with the outcome of this situation. To my "sense" of "reason," it doesn't matter too much to me which one of us dies or doesn't die.

My threatened animal instincts would shoot you. Given a life or death choice to use power against an agressor or not, this part of me would.

So regardless of morality or righteousness or common sense, I would test the gun on you. That is a more viable option than "...something..." which is what the rest of me would do, and wouldn't resolve the situation at all. It would take a serious concerted effort for me to make my hands shoot me.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

The bullet is heading for Missouri... Even with the blackout it should be there soon... :D

M

Mazzak

<Mazzak produces from his pocket the Jellybeananator 5000, which may or may not be carrying jellybeans in its chamber. He points it at DUke>

"lead? pectin? not much difference at 2500 meters per second."

<Mazzak then produces from another pocket a bag of orange and blue jellybeans>

"care to try one?"

T

Tabasco

If I may use the term, Lesbian Whether they are or not, they are still hot, eh??

Come on I can see all of you playing with yourselfs looking at that picture, eh??

Wink, wink

We're all the same

we are all humans aren't we

One can never tell

some want to kill and some want to love

and some love is of the same sex and that's ok

Live a little!!

*Chugs Tabasco sauce then a fifth of Vodka*

MMMMMM, Tasty