RPG Chapter One... In the Court of the King

D

Daggertooth

"Druid? Well, I can tell you that there are many poisons that are instant acting in the Necrosomphas." I study him for a second as I have never seen an elf.

"The poison used here is easily Identified and Cured. Sadly it is so subtle that few think to use the antidote in time. As is such in this case. "

"Caplon, I can help with the questioning, or I can assist with the embalming of your king. Everything else is of less importance. I await your orders."

R

rkoelsch

To Ragnold. "I have come to your kingdom in search of an ancient artifact. Such a search would be helped by good relations with the court. There was a Duke Gaspar upon whose lands I was going to start my search. I was told he was here at the ball and I managed to get an invitation in order to meet him."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
To Ragnold: "It is true I have never been here in court before, I was just invited by one of your king's messengers going out into the land. However, it distresses me that someone would wish ill on such a learned ruler as your king (heck, he had dancing!) and I have had some experience with adventuring so.... here I am."

R

Rando

**Guidlines and Rules**

(by the way, I'm waiting for another player before I continue farther)

#1 No need to list what your character can do, just disclose it as we go along.

#2 Do not create dialouge or actions for anyone but your character.

#3 Do not try to do something "over-powered" or down right silly. Doing so will cause me to have to say "that did not happen, back up.", and that ruins the flow of the game. If you want to do something and are not sure if it's allowable, just PM me.

#4 Feel free to ask me anything about your suroundings or the non-player characters around you. Or, you could always, in character, ask the NPC's yourself.

#5 Disable your signatures.

#6 If you have anything "non-game" to say, use asterix's (*) to distinguish it.

#7 I am the GameMaster, and my word is Law! My humble man-servent Spiderman will obey my commands of deletion and editing as I see fit!

...just joking. ;)

E

EricBess

"Royalty by it's nature has enemies, small man. I didn't catch your name." Without waiting for a response, I continue, "It is good to see so many willing to do their civic duty in assisting where you can."

...And perhaps a bit suspiscious. Two of our "volunteers" have knowledge of poisons. I make a mental not to keep an eye on them personally.

P

Prince RXI

Hey. Why would I poison him? I just learned about him. Besides, it's in druid nature to not keep grudges. Barbarians on the other hand... well, like I said, I just learned about him. Please, I mean to be of help. If you don't want my help, I'll just leave.

RXI calls out to 2 eagles outside the castle and they come swooping in and land on his arms

I await your desision.

Melkor

Adar

All the detective work going on has caught Adar's fancy and he begins to think about discovering the murderer himself.

*Rando, could you tell me me how manay exits there are in the room and who, if I recognize them, are closest to those exits.*

R

Rando

** Here we have a good example of what not to do.

If you were to really transform into a wolf, and have two so-called "diamond" eagles just poof into existance, you would probably be killed out right.

I will no give you a chance to alter your post.

...still waiting on another player... **

D

Daggertooth

***RXI, He was thinking, not talking out loud. :p ***

"Prince Aarian of Galstein isn't it? Do you have any insight as to who amung these people would want the king dead. I would surmise that it wouldn't be the common folk. Few with power ever treat those without as equals."

"Caplan, I would suggest questioning the lords first. Anyone with power. It is a safe bet that whoever killed the king doesn't like the idea of pesants with power.

I'll go over and try to determine where and how the king was poisoned. Ingestion is the most common sorce."

I head over to the table. If I am allowed I inspect the food and drink the king used. Paying close attention to the liquids the king may have consumed. Do I find anything?

R

Rando

To Adar -
There is the great double door at the front of the room, the one in which the princess made her appearence, and two doors at either corner at the back of the room. There are two guards at each door. All the other civilians in the room have been gathered up and ushered into groups along the walls, yourself included. There is alos a group of people gathered around the fallen king in the center of the room near the dias.

To Deyja -
All of the plates and glasses that the royal entorage was using are still in place on the table on the dias. Inside the King's jeweled chalice, where once was sweet red wine is now a chalkey paste settled at the bottom.

E

EricBess

"A good point is brought up. Whoever poisoned King Victor was very careful to avoid poisoning everyone else." I follow Deyja and also note the challace. "Deyja, it has been my experience that fraternizing with the lesser class (**Deyja is an emmisary, right**) can only lead to problems. Regardless of how well you treat them, there are always those that resent your position. However, for our sakes, I hope you are right. If a commoner did commit this act, we might as well stop looking right now."

Now, more quietly so that Deyja can hear, but not those still gathered elsewhere, "So, we have two questions here. First, who had access to the King's challace? Next, who had the most to gain?"

Without waiting a reply, I stride to Caplon, "As captain of the guard, your position remains unchanged, but you are in a position to know some of the local politics. Perhaps you could provide me with a list of those who stood to gain from the King's demise."

***RXI, Daggertooth is right. Anything that I didn't put in quotes was not spoken. I am posting some of my character's thought processes to give a mental imagery of who Aarian is.

D

Daggertooth

I sit staring at the paste. I poke at it a bit to make it into a powder then carfully sniff at it. Just to make sure it is what I really think it is. *well, is it?*

"Very True, Aarian, but a well treated people would have less animosity towards the king."

-----I am a emmisary for my people. Moreso for the Leoht Clan than for the Nzumbe people as a whole.------

"Caplan!" I call as I set the chalice down and head towards him. As soon as I get close enough to speak and not be overheard (by the crouds) I tell him what I discovered.

B

Bob

Bob walks in, smiling, holding lots of gifts.

"Who's ready to party?!?!?!?!?"

Bob then notices everyone's face is very solomn and the king is lying dead on the floor.

"Oh my god!!!!!!! He's dead!!!!!!!!!!"

Bob runs over to a chair and sits down.

"How did he die???"

P

Prince RXI

RXI

***Sorry***

Walks over to Bob, sits down, and starts to explain what happened

After the explination, RXI gets up and walks around, not sure what to do. (*after all, he's a druid and has never had this sort of problem*)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* boy, I wish I could be playing the court right now. This is hilarious.... *
I look on in slight puzzlement at the others actions as neither Caplon nor Ragnold have said they accepted the offers of help. So I still stand there waiting for their answer/reaction.

R

Rando

To all players -
Ragnold and Caplon step aside alone while the queen continues to stare blankly at her husband's body.

After a moment Caplon laughs aloud and he and Ragnold re-join the group gathered in the center of the ball room.

"Very well," says Caplon. "We will accept your help. I Think we first must check to see what steward served the king."

B

Bob

"I see." sas Bob. He ges up, walks over to the king's body, and examines it.

"Yup. That's poison. I'm not an expert on poisons, so I cant tell you anything more. but why would anyone want to kill Victor...?"

Suddenly, Bob gets an idea. He smiles.

Bob places a few holy candles around, then sits in the center of the ring of candles. He raises his holy symbol, and mumbles a few holy words, trying to reach his god.

"Oh, Lord, what can you tell me about King Victor's death?"

OOC: Bob is using a scrying spell. If you dont know what that it, he asks his god a question, and the god answers in a riddle.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"So how may I serve the crown? I know nothing about poisons so I don't think I can help there. Does the royal family need assistance in any way?"