RPG, Chapter One: A Day at the Fair.

S

sageridder

I ask the guards who the man being cut down was.
(If they have left I will search the body for a suiside note,or any I.D.)

Melkor

If I haven't left to search the other rooms yet I'll greet Snake.

"That man used to be the Mayor of this fair city, poor fellow. I noticed your martial prowess out on the parade grounds and thank you for assisting in the fight. I was just about to look through the rest of city hall if you'd care to join me."

R

Rando

To Snake and Jonus -
The guards gather the bodies and take them out into the street to be properly taken care of, leaving you two in the city hall alone.

The 2nd floor of the town hall consists of what apears to be offices, and nothing is amis here.

The third floor would seem to be the privite abode of whomever is the mayor at the time. There are 3 bedrooms, a siting room with fire place, storage, et cetera.

As you go into the basement, you both smell the acrid stink of sulphur. Going down the steps, you see candlelight. As you step off of the stairs and enter the basement room, you see an impromtu alter set up. There is a pentagram drawn in salt, and a black candle burns at each point. In the center of the star is a copper bowl with some dark liquid.

To Gorn -
You do not see your neice amoung the dead.

To Bing -
"My name is Ellott", says the boy. "You can stay at my house until we leave!"

To all other Players -
The priest says, "I will gather suplies and goods, and beasts if not all of you good men have a mount. First, I must preform a service for the dead. I will meet you all here at the fairgrounds tommorrow at dawn. Get good rest, for we have a long and difficult, and most likely dangerous, journey."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I look to those present (Gorn, Bing, and Dey-something).

"Should we agree to meet at an inn after we get our stuff together? Perhaps we can share stories over some good ale and food."

D

Daggertooth

"That sounds good. Father, where can we find an inn arround here? I also think we should recruit some more men for this jurney. As there are only 6 of us. Perhaps some of those guards and other fighters that left a moment ago would be willing to come. Where'd they all go anyway? a tavern? I think I'll head over there befor I turn in for the night."

R

rkoelsch

To Dorgath," Bing see little man at tavern later. Bing very thirsty."

To Gorn," Sorry Bing no help."

To Elliott,"Show Bing where you live. How old are you, Boy?"

To Priest, " Bing have own horse."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Oh yeah, they did a real good job of that when the skeletons attacked.

That's why they're called guards, to protect the town."

D

Daggertooth

"Bah! in the swamps if you can't defend yourself by age 10 and join the army by age 16 your better off dead."

"Such a weekness...Not knowing how to fight."

"I suppose then we need to find some strangers that just came for the partie. The taverns would be the place to go."

Melkor

I gasp in shock at the altar that we have found.

"This seems to be the place wher that foul man did his dastardly deeds.

I circle the pentagram, gripping my sword handle in its sheath.

"I am generally unfamiliar with the dark arts, as most decent people should be, so I don't know if what any of this means specifically, but I can tell you one thing that it means, Evil... Pardon good sir but I did not catch your name, I am Jonas Barathon. What exactly do you make of this?"

P

Prince RXI

To Dorgath and Deyja-
"Deyja! Calm down. You sound as if Dorgath was saying lies of your family and clan. Dorgath. Where I come from, everyone can defend themselves at the age of 4. The Logic of both your comments has a truth and a lie. Deyja's truth is that people shouldn't have to join an army at 16, what ever an "army" is. His truth is that everyone should have the ability to defend themselves. Dorgath's lie would be that these peopl could defend themselves, they just CHOOSE not to. His truth is yes, the people are incompatent(this part is said in a whisper so to have only Dorgath and Deyja able to listen)."

D

Daggertooth

*like we were in a heated debate.:rolleyes: *

I stare at the druid with a look of "what kind of insane person are you" on my face. I start to respond to his odd description of truth and lies but change my mind.

After a short pause I continue with the conversation with Dorgath....

"Um..Anyway, I've noticed that these towns arn't under constant attack. So I guess the guard system works. Especialy since I've seen alot of people over the old age of 30." :) "But it does make it harder to find willing adventurers." I say with a short laugh.

"Come now, to the tavern, I've heard thats the place to look. And I could use a drink." :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I too look at the goofy :)D ) druid with a look of incomprehension.

"Indeed, Dejya. That's where we come in." with a ;) and an expansive gesture that encompasses Gorn and Bing.

S

sageridder

"Greetings fair jonas,I am called Snake.Do not be alarmed,(I pull my hood back and smile)Perhapssse the name makesss more sense now?( I extend my hand to be shaken)
"An alter sssuch asss this might be used to pay tribute to some evil masssster,or maybe even to "gate" evil creatures here.Maybe that's where the skeletonsss came from.Truth be told I am not sure.Perhapsssse the cleric that was healing the wounded after the attack would know better.(I am looking around the alter for marks like the ones on the skeletons)

(spoken in hushed tones)
"One thing I would guesssss for sure,Assss easily as we found thissss It surely cannot be unknow to those who work here.If that issss the case perhapse we would be wiser to find othersss working to fight this evil,rather then the two of us getting ambushed by a larger party."

E

EricBess

*** Sorry, been pretty much out today and busy with work in general recently ***

I agree to meet in the morning. However, in the meantime, I turn down the offer to exchange stories. While I am relieved that I cannot find Sharl among the dead, I am growing more concerned about her wherabouts. While her parents would never admit that she might frequent taverns, I happen to know better. I proceed to a few and start asking the keeps if they have seen anyone matching her description.

B

Bob

Inside all these arguments and question asking and general confusion, Bob simply sits on a rock, polishing his SunBlade.

"Erhm, I don't want to seem like a battle hungry idiot, but may I ask when are we going to go out and kick some undead oink?"

Bob stands up, sheathes his blade, and walks into the crowd.

"I'll answer any questions you have about the undead or dark arts...I'm an expert on such things."

R

Rando

To Jonus and Snake -
Whilst speaking to each other, one of the guards shouts down the stairs, "We are taking the bodies to the mourge. Is all well down there? We've searched the rest of the building and there are no more people, alive or dead. I think they were all at the fair."

To Bob -
One wrinkled old hag grabs your arm, "Then tell us young sir, why have these foul beasts come to torment us good folk?"

To All other players -
The priest says, "You may all stay in the church with me, if you like. I will provide food and a soft place to sleep."

To Gorn -
At one tavern, the bartender listens to your description and then says, "Ya know, there was a young lady in here a few nights back that sounds a lot like who yer lookin' fer. She was with some other strangers, all dressed in plain grey robes. They got some suplies from the store-house across the street, then came in here for some food, paying in bulk gold instead of coin, and then left town at night fall. Odd folk, never seen them in town before of since."