Points Draft?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, so far we've had two drafts "hanging", for lack of a better word... while we wait for them to start up, how about a Points Draft? I can't remember the exact name but it's from one of the early Duelists:

Everyone gets 60 Points. A booster is "opened" (or generated, for online purposes) for each player and shuffled in one big pile. The first player turns over a card, which is worth 5 points. He may decide to draft it or not. If he passes, that card moves down to the 4 Point Slot and the second player turns over a new card worth 5 Points. He can decide to draft either card or pass. This continues until a card is worth 0 Points (meaning 6 cards on the draft table), at which point, whoever's turn it is MUST take a card. The draft continues until the pile is empty and all cards are taken.

So who's in? Me of course... :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That sounds very time-consuming for a thread-based forum. We may have a situation where we have to wait on four players to respond before a single card gets drafted.

Sorry, but count me out of this one. I'm hoping that people jump onto my garbage draft idea.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> It could be time-consuming, or if people have their act together, it can be done pretty fast. It's basically like the Singleton draft or any other draft that requires you to take turns or wait on another player for each turn.

T

train

I'm game... I can usually check multiple times a day - just haven't had the time lately to get too deep back into all the threads... (Both of my daughters are now playing Magic through... one with a U/W deck and the other with a R/G...:cool: )

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'll play, but I will be at Origins from 7/4/07 to 7/8/07 and I may not have internet access

D

DarthFerret

I think I will sit this one out, as this month is starting to fill up and I dont want everything else I am into to suffer...

T

train

(I was excited too... I am not the fanatic about blue to say the least, but I explained the basic concepts of each color, and some of the interactions between them, and she wanted to do the U/W control theme... The other one is definitely a stompy player...)

E

EricBess

I'm tempted, but from what I've seen, the Magic games are constantly going and I can't necessarily play at that frequency. I'll update once or twice a day.

If that's acceptable, then I'm interested.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Once or twice a day is fine. That's the beauty of playing on the forums; it's at your own speed. If you wanted to do "real-time", you'd probably be playing Online or Apprentice :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's time... what expansion(s) do you guys want to play? Or everyone just pick an expansion and I'll shuffle them all together? Yeah, let's do that.

So I'll choose Visions.

T

train

(I wasn't sure due to the possible number of cards that more and more packs would offer... didn't know if we wanted to get too many in there...)