Opinions wanted on MBC cards

C

Crackdown

I was looking at a few cards recently that might make up some fun decks. Any thoughts on the following cards in this environment?

General's Regalia
Power Matrix
Rishadan Pawnshop
Magistrate's Scepter
Wave of Reckoning
Rappelling Scouts

TIA.

G

Gryphonclaw

Generals Regalia: A reverse of jade monolith. Very useful in decks featuring large creatures. Combo's nicely with Cho-Arrim, Squee, Mother of runes. Works well with things like Earthquake and Hurricane too.
Power Matrix: Yow! Any moderately sized creature becomes a nasty powerhouse. Offensive and defensive uses make this well worth the cost.
Rishadan Pawnshop: I think this may be underappreciated. Combo's with overtaker rather nicely. Or use it on your Phyrexian Negator to keep it from taking damage. Best for removing something you have in play that you don't need now, but maybe later.
Magistrates Scepter: I'd play this in a mana intensive deck, then just let it sit and build counters until it gauranteed a win.
Wave of Reckoning: The new wrath of god, not quite as good, but close, and with different applications. I have found this to be a very useful card almost every time I drew it. Excellent addition to a rebel deck. Spidersilk Armor/Natural Affinity/Wave of Reckoning. OUCH!
Rappelling Scouts: A great blocker, but a bit mana intensive. Sort of a new version of Knight of Dawn with similar applications.

T

The Magic Jackal

magistrates secptor works good in a multiplayer game, especially with artifact mana.

Z

Zadok001

I'm gonna make my comments on General's Regalia.

A friend of mine (whom I personally consider the best Magic player I've ever known, no exceptions) has been using it to some great effect with such things as Yavimayia Elder, Echo Chamber, and other short-term creatures. The G. Regalia is a support card, keeping him alive and eventually making him nigh-on invulnerable with a bunch of Saprolings and tons of mana.

It's hard to pull off, but if you're really good... Oh, and it's multi-player only, won't work 1v1.

"And hey, who's gonna Disenchant something so innocuous (I so butchered that spelling...)?"

[Edited by Zadok001 (03-25-2000 at 12:50 AM).]

[Edited by Zadok001 (03-25-2000 at 12:51 AM).]

D

Duel

Zadok's right. I damn near lauged my head off when I heard about that combo. Who'd of thunk it? General's regalia can break task force!