One Lady, Twenty-Nine Dragons [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I've been wanting to do blue/black Dragons with this commander ever since Sivitri was spoiled. Finally threw a deck together.

Commander:
1 Sivitri, Dragon Master

1 Ancient Brass Dragon
1 Ancient Silver Dragon
1 Arcane Denial
1 Ashnod's Altar
1 Belbe's Portal
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Boneyard Scourge
1 Brainstealer Dragon
1 Brainstorm
1 Catacomb Dragon
1 Cavern of Souls
1 Cloud Dragon
1 Counterspell
1 Crux of Fate
1 Crystal Vein
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Dark Petition
1 Dark Ritual
1 Darkness
1 Deathbringer Regent
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Draconic Lore
1 Dragon Turtle
1 Dragonborn Looter
1 Dragonlord Silumgar
1 Dread Return
1 Ebon Dragon
1 Echo of Eons
1 Ever After
1 Fabled Passage
1 Finale of Eternity
1 Flooded Strand
1 Force of Will
1 Haunting Voyage
1 Hidetsugu and Kairi
1 Hoarding Broodlord
1 Irenicus's Vile Duplication
9 Island
1 Junji, the Midnight Sky
1 Kairi, the Swirling Sky
1 Karn's Bastion
1 Keiga, the Tide Star
1 Kokusho, the Evening Star
1 Liliana's Talent
1 Lim-Dûl's Vault
1 Living Death
1 Mana Drain
1 Marsh Flats
1 Mist Dragon
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Murktide Regent
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Otawara, Soaring City
1 Patriarch's Bidding
1 Polluted Delta
1 Reanimate
1 Ruthless Deathfang
1 Sacrifice
1 Sailors' Bane
1 Sapphire Dragon
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Scourge of Nel Toth
1 Silumgar, the Drifting Death
1 Sol Ring
1 Steel Hellkite
1 Strip Mine
9 Swamp
1 Sword Coast Serpent
1 Teeka's Dragon
1 The Elderspell
1 Topaz Dragon
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Underground Sea
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Urza's Incubator
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Victimize
1 Wasteland
1 Watery Grave
1 Wayfarer's Bauble
1 Windfall
1 Young Blue Dragon

1 Coiling Rebirth
1 Icefall Regent
1 Noxious Dragon
1 Quicksilver Amulet
1 Saw in Half

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This has been my most "last minute" deck in a few years. I started sorting cards into piles on Tuesday night, but had to wait until Wednesday evening to actually put a proper list together. Sleeved it and drove to the game store for some games.

To my astonishment, this deck won its first outing. I had thought that I built a really janky deck, and in some sense I think that I did. The commander's main feature is to tutor for dragons, and this deck has 29 dragons, so it's usually better to just draw into them anyway. The right scenario might come up, but I actually never used Sivitri's -3 all game. I just kept using her +1. Despite some back-and-forth here, Quicksilver Amulet saved the game for me by deploying Ancient Silver Dragon. It's a powerhouse, but this was my first time using Ancient Silver Dragon. My opponents lacked flying blockers, so I got some hits in on them. I had Darkness in my hand the whole game, reserved for an emergency. Never needed it. So that was cool.

Once the board state looked like it could outpace my dragons, I hardcast Deathbringer Regent, wiping the board. I knew that the other three players would try to rebuild right away, but I had a plan. On my next turn, I played Karn's Bastion and used it to proliferate, getting Sivitri to 8 loyalty. Then I enchanted her with Liliana's Talent and activated the -8, annihilating my opponents with an army of the dead. A surprisingly epic performance from a jank deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Let's cut the card that won me the first game with this deck. That makes sense...

-1 Quicksilver Amulet
+1 Belbe's Portal

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this deck on Wednesday night. It had some mana issues, but I still got to eventually make an impact at the table. The game stalled a bit and one player used some card (I forget what) to pull creatures from the rest of our graveyards. I had intended to use Living Death to effectively board wipe on my turn, but my friend sitting next to me was bored and took me out in a bit of a suicidal move. The two of us were eliminated and I forget who won between the other two players.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I didn't build this deck to not run jank dragons from the original Portal set. Now that I've picked up copies of them, I need to make some swaps:

-1 Coiling Rebirth
-1 Icefall Regent
-1 Noxious Dragon
-1 Saw in Half
+1 Cloud Dragon
+1 Ebon Dragon
+1 Ever After
+1 Finale of Eternity

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This deck performed well last night. Ancient Brass Dragon started plundering my opponents' graveyards, and no one was able to deal with that. One by one, my opponents fell to the might of my dragon army. Amusingly, other than the ridiculous power of Ancient Brass Dragon, the dragon that was the second-biggest source of value for me in this game was Dragonhawk, Fate's Tempest. Obviously that card wasn't part of my deck, since it's red. I took control of it with Dragonlord Silumgar, then another opponent killed it, then Ancient Brass Dragon brought it back for me. I don't know that I would have won without that thing. Honorary dragon number #30 for Sivitri's team? At least last night.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I got some more games in on Friday evening. Won't be able to do that every week (because of my work schedule), but I'll be trying to do so more often.

I grabbed this deck as an opener, but it was a victim of circumstances. After I already had my opening hand, an employee at the LGS wanted to clock off and jump in. His high-power Hogaak deck crushed the rest of the table long before I could do anything. I did have a slow start, but might have turned things around if I didn't get milled out by Altar of Dementia. Oh well. Mismatches happen.