Offshoot from 2005 CPA Award Ceremony

H

HOUTS

"And what about the harp in the third place?"

What about the lack of coherency in the last sentence?

-HOUTS

H

HOUTS

Oh, I thought it was this:

"And what about the harp in the third place?"

H

HOUTS

Yeah, you're right, coherency and sentence structure are overrated.

Hands Oversoul a book: "Writing Well"
Barnes & Noble special!

Good luck Sir.

-HOUTS

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
But I hadn't said anything about sentence structure, nor had I said that coherency was overrated...

H

HOUTS

Good job Ray...

No, YOU didn't, but I did.
Wasn't that obvious?

And, you still don't get it.
But you still are trying to cling on...desperately.

Keep going!

Your sentence was incoherent.

GG.

No Mas.

Comprende?

Wow, little buggers, can't get them off.
*smacks*
Like misquitoes.

-HOUTS

H

HOUTS

Nah, I know I am correct here.

Who teaches English here.

Anyone...
*looks around*

*I raise my hand*

Oh, sorry, you lose this time bud.

Honestly, it didn't make sense. I was only kindly remarking, but the utter stubborn ignorance just astounds me.

Keep posting on how 'correct' you are.

(You and Spidey should get together, you'd make a cute couple)

["No, no! I'm right. No, no, I'm RIGHT"]

-HOUTS

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
HOUTS said:
Who teaches English here.
Is that a question? It sure looks like it is, but in English, when a question is asked, it is punctuated with a question mark.

But I guess none of that matters, since I "lose bud" by decree of the almighty HOUTS. :rolleyes:

As a side note, I did originally intend to put quotation marks around the sentence in question, since it is a line from a Stephen Sondheim play. Regardless of this, the sentence does not magically become incoherent simply because I forgot to mark it as a quote.

H

HOUTS

"Is that a question? It sure looks like it is, but in English, when a question is asked, it is punctuated with a question mark."

Yes, it was. Isn't that obvious? Ever hear of a typo? Can you see my question marks now?

"But I guess none of that matters, since I "lose bud" by decree of the almighty HOUTS"

No, it's your stubborn attitude, commonly displayed among CPA, to defend regardless of "right" or "wrong". Your comment was like a ADD kid spouting out something random when two adults were having a conversation. You just want to turn your head and go "WTF?".

In other words,in simplier terms, you didn't want to drop it or admit your sentence didn't fit the context of the conversation currently going on. Unless you are used to throwing quotes into forums at random spots. You dropped in a "quote" without giving it any lead-in, any thought to people catching in on it, or realizing it had nothing to do with what was being said.
Something being incoherent doesn't rely on "quotation marks" but the context it is being used in.

But, I am sure you'll reply trying to defend your statement. I know it. I feel it.
You must. You want to.
So, go on, reply with another "witty" reply about how right you are, how wrong I am.
I love the "almighty Houts" statement used. A very commonly used attack in an arguement/debate to justify his/her actions.
*sigh*

-HOUTS

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
HOUTS said:
Yes, it was. Isn't that obvious? Ever hear of a typo? Can you see my question marks now?
Anyone can make a typo. But when you're criticizing someone else's use of language while playing the "I teach English" card, obvious mistakes like that one make you look bad.

No, it's your stubborn attitude, commonly displayed among CPA, to defend regardless of "right" or "wrong". Your comment was like a ADD kid spouting out something random when two adults were having a conversation. You just want to turn your head and go "WTF?".
No? So you're changing your mind about me losing bud? Even supposing that an "ADD kid" would spout out something random (the ones I've met didn't seem to have this tendency) and that my comment was like that, it would still not be incoherent.

In other words,in simplier terms, you didn't want to drop it or admit your sentence didn't fit the context of the conversation currently going on. Unless you are used to throwing quotes into forums at random spots.
Sure, why not?

You dropped in a "quote" without giving it any lead-in, any thought to people catching in on it, or realizing it had nothing to do with what was being said.
Something being incoherent doesn't rely on "quotation marks" but the context it is being used in.
Nonsense. Anyone who has ever read or seen the play would recognize it almost immediately and understand the context. Those who don't might be puzzled or ignore it. I suppose another option would be to whine about it being out of place, but so far only one person has found it worthwhile to do that. In any case, the quote I dropped in did have context, even if you didn't recognize it.

Also, a lack of context does not indicate incoherency. If I ask Ransac whether or not he would like some cookies, and he replies, "I am in need of a putlog" (this would not be surprising coming from Ransac, as he is insane), his response seems to lack context, but it is still a coherent sentence.

But, I am sure you'll reply trying to defend your statement. I know it. I feel it.
You must. You want to.
So, go on, reply with another "witty" reply about how right you are, how wrong I am.
I never said that my replies were witty. I hadn't considered them to be witty. But I guess that if I only compare them to your posts, they look rather witty...

I love the "almighty Houts" statement used. A very commonly used attack in an arguement/debate to justify his/her actions.
*sigh*
I have also seen sarcasm used in debates. One tactic I don't see in debates is "you lose bud." I can't wait to visit some local debate teams with this new technique. Clearly my opponents will be powerless against me, as they have lost all bud they once had by the power of my super-secret HOUTS technology. :rolleyes:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac sets down a folding chair and sits on it (unfolded). He then pulls out some popcorn and watches the drama unfold.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Notepad

sageridder said:
[In my defence when the ballots were sent (back at the end of september) he had only posted 1 or 2 times and seemed like more of a fool instead of the oinkhole he turned out to be.So yeah at that time I did think it was funny]
That doesn't make too much sense. Houts is funny. Or, maybe one's sense of humor doesn't quite flow in that vein. Like British humor or something. *shrug*

Like him or hate him, he's always been the same, consistently crazy Houts. At least during the past few years I've been here, anyway.

H

HOUTS

"Anyone can make a typo. But when you're criticizing someone else's use of language while playing the "I'm teach English" card, obvious mistakes like that one make you look bad."

It wasn't a card being played. Unless you're from another county (or website for this case), most everyone knows my background. Card, huh? This is my field of expertise. I have no idea what you do for a living, however, I when I point something out such as your incoherent inserts...trust me, it's clearly wrong.

"No? So you're changing your mind about me losing bud? Even supposing that an "ADD kid" would spout out something random (the ones I've met didn't seem to have this tendency) and that my comment was like that, it would still not be incoherent."

No, I didn't. How many times have I shouted out loud about the liberal attitude being displayed here? Well, sir, this is a good example. Who said I changed my mind? I pointed out that regardless of "right" or "wrong", that it was your attitude displayed was what brings out the "HOUTS". You can't act childish and think it'll back up your points. However, this shift of topic is what makes it so damn liberal. Going off track as usual. Stay with me puppy. And you wonder why I treat you guys like little children. Or, maybe because you truely are...
Who knows.

"Sure, why not?"

I think that answers all my questions.

Let me insert my retort to your above quote: Time cannot be measured.

What? You don't get it? Come on now...
Aren't you clever enough to understand what I'm saying?
Ohhh pleaaseee.
I mean, I know where this quote came from. And without quotation marks, I am sure you'll for sure get it.
Pfft, everyone should understand this. I mean, if I do then everyone should!

See what I mean? You sound just like that.

"Nonsense. Anyone who has ever read or seen the play would recognize it almost immediately and understand the context. Those who don't might be puzzled or ignore it. I suppose another option would be to whine about it being out of place, but so far only one person has found it worthwhile to do that. In any case, the quote I dropped in did have context, even if you didn't recognize it.

Also, a lack of context does not indicate incoherency. If I ask Ransac whether or not he would like some cookies, and he replies, "I am in need of a putlog" (this would not be surprising coming from Ransac, as he is insane), his response seems to lack context, but it is still a coherent sentence."

See my above comments. You inserted an incoherent, randomly placed, and out of context statement into an already going semi-conversation. Yet, you have the balls to say I am whining?
LOL!
Who said I was whining? You? I made a remark to your random sentence. I slapped your hand. "Bad Timmy, bad!"
You even pointed out that only ONE person got the joke.

One person.

You must be amazing at killing the buzz at any party.

You said: "Also, a lack of context does not indicate incoherency"

I didn't say lack of context. You have that worded wrong. *sigh*
Nor does it apply across the board. (my original point)
Yes-your sentence was incoherent based the context of the conversation. In your mind it might, but it doesn't qualify. Not to insult you here, but you can learn this in any 101 college class. *shrug*
Should I have to go over the basics of communication 101? Or, writing in context?

"I never said that my replies were witty. I hadn't considered them to be witty. But I guess that if I only compare them to your posts, they look rather witty..."

You're obviously trying to be 'witty' with your responses, regardless if you "considered" them to be or not. Then you back up your idiocy on the very next sentence above.
Childish attempts to insult in order to prove/back up a point.

"I have also seen sarcasm used in debates. One tactic I don't see in debates is "you lose bud." I can't wait to visit some local debate teams with this new technique. Clearly my opponents will be powerless against me, as they have lost all bud they once had by the power of my super-secret HOUTS technology"

Yeah, I have too. I aced debates classes at my college, but who cares. The "you lose bud" is referring to gamer language.
What, you didn't get it? I mean I got it. You should have.
LOL
(your silly logic)
This wasn't a debate. I was pointing out something you should have learned in your senior year of high school if not freshman college course. Sorry if you missed out on that lesson.
Your continual defensive measures are what makes this a 'debate' in your eyes. To me it's just another class session: teacher teaching the pupil.

-HOUTS

H

HOUTS

He's like British humor, only without the Brits...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageridder
[In my defence when the ballots were sent (back at the end of september) he had only posted 1 or 2 times and seemed like more of a fool instead of the oinkhole he turned out to be.So yeah at that time I did think it was funny]

That doesn't make too much sense. Houts is funny. Or, maybe one's sense of humor doesn't quite flow in that vein. Like British humor or something. *shrug*

Like him or hate him, he's always been the same, consistently crazy Houts. At least during the past few years I've been here, anyway.

I love it. Honestly guys, I don't care. Don't worry about it. You don't need to 'defend' your actions.
And, I've never been forum troll, so I don't know what he means by "1 or 2 posts" when I've been HERE, in site, writing or not, since 2000.
Just so I can get this straight-this ballot was based on being likeable, huh?
LOL.
In that case, I'll retain my dignity and remain your hated list. Please consider me an assho73. But, please remember that you and I have never spoken in person, or chatted via e-mail. I really don't know YOU Sagerider. While with the others here at CPA, I've actually met them, or chatted via e-mail. I can make that personal opinion based off that information.
Now you have something to fuel your dry fire.

Thanks Sefro. I am funny and I know it. Good times.
And you're correct again. I've stayed the same "crazy Houts" I've put out for my on-line perception.
Yep, you got me.
*plays the flute*

-HOUTS

S

sageridder

My post was to defend voting for danny cheung for fair trader.Read my whole post and a couple before it.

N

Notepad

sageridder said:
My post was to defend voting for danny cheung for fair trader.Read my whole post and a couple before it.
Ah, I see. My mistake for taking the whole thing wrongly. I noticed that post about the same time the whole "A Friendly Chat with Houts" started and figured that was an originating post. I apologize for getting that in the wrong context.

Now, onto the true context of the message--HOLY CRAP! :eek: Man, little scammer Danny Cheung actually got a vote? You mean he was able to hold his spammage until after a post or two that wasn't the equivalent of a late night infomercial?