Most powerful creatures in Type II

I

Istanbul

TSIA, people. What do you think are the ten most powerful creatures in Type II right now? For a reminder, that includes:

7th Edition
Invasion
Planeshift
Apocalypse
Odyssey
Torment
Judgment

(And yes, since I know the question will be asked, sorceries that make creatures are OK too, so Call of the Herd is sure to be in there somewhere.)

N

NorrYtt

Do you mean most powerful creatures once they're in play (fatties) or by staple tournament-worthy cost/power ratio creatures?

1. Wild Mongrel - this bitch does everything; works with every OBC mechanic
  2. Nantuko Shade - black's best 2-drop; punishes control
  3. Flametongue Kavu - splashing for this = good idea
  4. Anurid Brushhopper - won me a tournament; beats up control; makes white playable; a house
  5. Birds of Paradise - vote for me
  6. Mystic Enforcer - Chocolate Bomber owns the sky; nice finisher
  7. Genesis - late game power; Oath of Ghouls for me
  8. Glory - owns you; Eladamri's Call for Glory = game (he didn't counter?!)
  9. Psychatog - for those who enjoy the company of men
  10. Call of the Herd - these are kinda small compared to Wurms and everyone's bounce works on them, but still...

I believe creatures are getting better and better. Case in point, Ernham Djinn is back in Type II along with more multilands than ever and he's nowhere to be found (Forest-less would be easy).

J

Jigglypuff

The Looter is hiding under the sea, that's where he is and where he belongs.

My list would be (in no particular order):

Wild Mongrel -- He gets you to threshold, he gives you madness, he changes color, he's only a common!
Call of the Herd -- Because two 3/3's for one card is good
Flametongue Kavu -- He kills everything! I shall spit fire on your head!
Birds of Paradise -- Mmm BoP! (sorry)
Shadowmage Infiltrator -- Let's draw more cards! As a bonus, let's make him extremely hard to kill!
Genesis -- Recursion is always good.
Mystic Snake -- I counter your worthless spell and get a 2/2. I make a sound of pleasure at your shortcomings!
Nantuko Shade -- Fear the Shade, for he shall apply the beatdown.
Iridescent Angel -- Hard to block, harder to kill. Flies over any and all resistance.
Spellbane Centaur -- I'm all for neutering blue as much as possible.

(- Steve -)

M

Mongoose Man

Here's my top 9 (I can't think of anything else good)

Nantuko Shade - Should see more play than it does, an extremly strong creature for very little cost.
Wild Mongral - Pumps allowing you to play madness cards effectivly, can avoid most burn, color changing is very useful at times.
Psychatog - Swinging once for the kill is very strong, although I do not like tog decks at all I realize that the tog is very strong.
Flametongue Kavu - Kills anything being played, not very expensive, usually can kill 2 creatures before it dies.
Mystic Snake - Instant creatures are cool, instant creatures that counter spells are even more pimpin.
Mystic Enforcer - The best threshold creature in my opinion, black removal can't stop it and it flys over everything to win.
Call of the Herd - great card advantage.
Merfolk Looter - Another great card to use w/ madness, also alows you to go through your deck much quicker
Spirit Monger - 5 mana 5/5's are real good in my book, especially when it fits the colors of other powerful cards like pernicious deed.
Birds of Paradise - Mana acceleration is cool, especially for any colors.

T

theorgg

According to Essential Magic.com, its either Devo Strossus or Draco, both at 9/9.

*burp* goes the strossus, who laughs at shotguns!

I

Istanbul

My list:

Wild Mongrel
Psychatog
Flametongue Kavu
Call of the Herd
Spiritmonger
Merfolk Looter
Nantuko Shade
Basking Rootwalla
Mystic Snake