Mindmaster Ice Age/Coldsnap: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops. hold up. The Hulk has protection from snow, so the Centaur can't block it. And actually, the Wall of Shards couldn't block it either last turn. Do you wanna back up to that attack?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Why are they snow? There isn't a snow-covered cost in their casting, what makes them snow creatures?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't their type make them snow?

Yeah, just looked it up, "can't be blocked by snow creatures"

If you want to back up to your turn when you cast Wall of Shards because you thought it could block, that's fine with me as well.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
For the rules update associated with Coldsnap when the set was new, they created a "Snow" supertype and gave it to the old snow-covered basic lands as well as to a bunch of new permanents in Coldsnap. The supertype has no inherent functionality and it's easy to forget that it exists, but it does matter for some individual card texts within that one set. Ronom Hulk is one of the cards that cares about the supertype.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oh, I see, I missed the super type. Odd. We can go back and I'd block with the ape.
This may be a lesson in futility for me, since most of my creatures are snow and the t=ones that aren't are high casting cost.
So with thoise changes, I'll not block the Hulk.
Also, you forgot to add the +1/+! counter to the ranger for the hulk

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's why I put the creature type on my Druid, to show/remind myself that I can use him to untap Ironfoot (along with any SC lands, of course).

Okay, so to be clear *and* sure :), you're okay with casting the Wall of Shards on that turn of yours even now knowing it can't block the Hulk (because I assume that was the primary reason for casting it). If so, I will delete posts #21-29 to continue my turn from that attack with the Hulk point and you blocking with the Ape and am now asking if we can move to damage or you have any responses during the During Blockers step.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ape bites it.

Done

Spidey: 20
Hand: 9
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains
(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(U) SC Island
(U) SC Mt

Surging Might (Enchanted creature get +2/+2; Ripple 4)

(U) Boreal Druid (Snow Creature-Elf Druid; 1/1; T: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(T) Phyrexian Ironfoot (3/4; ~ doesn't untap during my untap step.; 1S: Untap ~ (S can be paid with one mana from a snow permanent))
(U) Juniper Order Ranger (3/5 from ctr; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, put a +1/+1 ctr on that creature and a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Ronom Hulk (8/9 from ctr and Mighty; Protection from snow; Cumulative upkeep 1) *1 age ctr* *Mighty*

Graveyard:Frost Raptor
Exile:
=====================================================================
Mooseman: 17
Hand: 10
Battlefield:

(UT) SC - Palins
(U) Island
(U) Mountain
(T) SC-Forest

(U) Martyr of Frost (1/1, 2, Reveal X blue cards from your hand, Sacrifice Martyr of Frost: Counter target spell unless its controller pays X.)
(U) Boreal Centaur (Snow Creature; 2/2 Snow: Boreal Centaur gets +1/+1 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn. (Snow can be paid with one mana from a snow permanent.))
(S) Wall of Shards (Snow Creature; 1/8 Defender, flying. Cumulative upkeep—An opponent gains 1 life) ~0 age~

Graveyard: Martyr of Ashes, Simian Brawler
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, you deleted all the posts? Well I will make the same turn I did before. But, you'd have to wait until later.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I did, so we wouldn't get confused. But I guess I should have "soft-deleted" them instead of permanently. My bad :(

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
You gain a life
Swamp
Adarkar Valkyrie
Done

Spidey: 21
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains
(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(U) SC Island
(U) SC Mt

(T) Phyrexian Ironfoot (3/4; ~ doesn't untap during my untap step.; 1S: Untap ~ (S can be paid with one mana from a snow permanent))
(U) Juniper Order Ranger (3/5 from ctr; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, put a +1/+1 ctr on that creature and a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Ronom Hulk (8/9 from ctr and Mighty; Protection from snow; Cumulative upkeep 1) *1 age ctr* *Mighty*

Exile:
Battlefield:

(TT) SC - Palins
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) SC-Forest

(U) Martyr of Frost (1/1, 2, Reveal X blue cards from your hand, Sacrifice Martyr of Frost: Counter target spell unless its controller pays X.)
(U) Boreal Centaur (Snow Creature; 2/2 Snow: Boreal Centaur gets +1/+1 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn. (Snow can be paid with one mana from a snow permanent.))
(S) Wall of Shards (Snow Creature; 1/8 Defender, flying. Cumulative upkeep—An opponent gains 1 life) ~1 age~
(S) Adarkar Valkyrie (4/5 Snow Creature Flying, vigilance Tap: When target creature other than Adarkar Valkyrie dies this turn, return that card to the battlefield under your control.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, untap Ironfoot

Untap, upkeep - age ctr on Hulk, pay Hulk's CU

Attack with the Hulk
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Plains
(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(U) SC Island
(U) SC Mt

(U) Phyrexian Ironfoot (3/4; ~ doesn't untap during my untap step.; 1S: Untap ~ (S can be paid with one mana from a snow permanent))
(T,A) Ronom Hulk (8/9 from ctr and Mighty; Protection from snow; Cumulative upkeep 1) *2 age ctr* *Mighty*

Exile:
Battlefield:

(TT) SC - Palins
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) SC-Forest

(S) Wall of Shards (Snow Creature; 1/8 Defender, flying. Cumulative upkeep—An opponent gains 1 life) ~1 age~
(S) Adarkar Valkyrie (4/5 Snow Creature Flying, vigilance Tap: When target creature other than Adarkar Valkyrie dies this turn, return that card to the battlefield under your control.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Since you're tapped out, I assume it's a chump block :)

Forest
Ronom Serpent, triggering the Ranger

Done

Hand: 8
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Plains
(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) SC Island
(T) SC Mt

(T) Boreal Druid (Snow Creature-Elf Druid; 1/1; T: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(U) Phyrexian Ironfoot (3/4; ~ doesn't untap during my untap step.; 1S: Untap ~ (S can be paid with one mana from a snow permanent))
(U) Juniper Order Ranger (4/6 from ctrs; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, put a +1/+1 ctr on that creature and a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Ronom Hulk (8/9 from ctr and Mighty; Protection from snow; Cumulative upkeep 1) *2 age ctr* *Mighty*
(S) Ronom Serpent (Snow Creature-Serpent; 6/7 from ctr; ~ can't attack unless defending player controls a snow land.; When I control no snow lands, sac ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Exile:
Battlefield:

(TT) SC - Palins
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) SC-Forest

Graveyard: Martyr of Ashes, Simian Brawler, Martyr of Frost
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Can this get anymore ridiculous?
UU
You get life
SC-Forest
Ronaom Hulk
Attack for 4 flying
Done

Spidey: 18
Hand: 8
Battlefield:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Plains
(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) SC Island
(T) SC Mt

(T) Boreal Druid (Snow Creature-Elf Druid; 1/1; T: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(U) Juniper Order Ranger (4/6 from ctrs; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, put a +1/+1 ctr on that creature and a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Ronom Hulk (8/9 from ctr and Mighty; Protection from snow; Cumulative upkeep 1) *2 age ctr* *Mighty*
(S) Ronom Serpent (Snow Creature-Serpent; 6/7 from ctr; ~ can't attack unless defending player controls a snow land.; When I control no snow lands, sac ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Exile:
Battlefield:

(TT) SC - Palins
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(UT) SC-Forest

(U Wall of Shards (Snow Creature; 1/8 Defender, flying. Cumulative upkeep—An opponent gains 1 life) ~2 age~
(U,A) Adarkar Valkyrie (4/5 Snow Creature Flying, vigilance Tap: When target creature other than Adarkar Valkyrie dies this turn, return that card to the battlefield under your control.)
(S) Ronom Hulk (5/6; Protection from snow; Cumulative upkeep 1)
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. I hope that means you're on the ropes and don't have some ridiculous board resetter :D

Untap, upkeep - age ctr, pay CU

Rimewind Taskmage, triggering Ranger

Done

Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Plains
(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) SC Island
(U) SC Mt

(U) Juniper Order Ranger (5/7 from ctrs; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, put a +1/+1 ctr on that creature and a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *3 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Ronom Hulk (8/9 from ctr and Mighty; Protection from snow; Cumulative upkeep 1) *3 age ctr* *Mighty*
(U) Ronom Serpent (Snow Creature-Serpent; 6/7 from ctr; ~ can't attack unless defending player controls a snow land.; When I control no snow lands, sac ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S)Rimewind Taskmage (2/3 from ctr; 1, T: Tap or untap target permanent. Play this ability only if I control four or more snow permanents) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Exile:
Battlefield:

(TT) SC - Palins
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(UT) SC-Forest

(U) Wall of Shards (Snow Creature; 1/8 Defender, flying. Cumulative upkeep—An opponent gains 1 life) ~2 age~
(U) Adarkar Valkyrie (4/5 Snow Creature Flying, vigilance Tap: When target creature other than Adarkar Valkyrie dies this turn, return that card to the battlefield under your control.)
(S) Ronom Hulk (5/6; Protection from snow; Cumulative upkeep 1)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
On the ropes? I'm still trying to get a ticket intothe building

Untap, upkeep - age ctr, you gain life you should have 4 more since its cumulative

Artic Nishoba
Attack for 4
Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Plains
(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) SC Island
(U) SC Mt

(U) Juniper Order Ranger (5/7 from ctrs; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, put a +1/+1 ctr on that creature and a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *3 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Ronom Hulk (8/9 from ctr and Mighty; Protection from snow; Cumulative upkeep 1) *3 age ctr* *Mighty*
(U) Ronom Serpent (Snow Creature-Serpent; 6/7 from ctr; ~ can't attack unless defending player controls a snow land.; When I control no snow lands, sac ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S)Rimewind Taskmage (2/3 from ctr; 1, T: Tap or untap target permanent. Play this ability only if I control four or more snow permanents) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UT) SC - Palins
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(UTT) SC-Forest

(U) Wall of Shards (Snow Creature; 1/8 Defender, flying. Cumulative upkeep—An opponent gains 1 life) ~3 age~
(U) Adarkar Valkyrie (4/5 Snow Creature Flying, vigilance Tap: When target creature other than Adarkar Valkyrie dies this turn, return that card to the battlefield under your control.)
(U) Ronom Hulk (5/6; Protection from snow; Cumulative upkeep 1)
(S) Artic Nishoba (6/6 Trample, Cumulative upkeep G or W When Arctic Nishoba dies, you gain 2 life for each age counter on it.)

Exile: