legends

N

Nightstalkers

What is wrong with our legends being so crummy and weird??? they should get some of the old blood back into magic!!!!

B

bryson430

So, folks...

Who is your favorite "Old-Skool" Legend?

I'll go on record with:

Vaevictis Asmadi
BBRRGG2
Summon Elder Dragon Legend
7/7 Flying
Pay BRG during your upkeep or bury
B: +1/+0 until end of Turn
R: +1/+0 until end of Turn
G: +1/+0 until end of Turn

Tasty

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Gwendlyn Di Corci
RBBU
Summon Legend
tap: target player discards a card from his or her hand at random, this ability can only be used on your turn.
"Urborg became the final resting place of many swordsmen of renown, their steel outmatched by the wiles of Gwendlyn."
3/5

with the possible exception of Boris Devilboon..because he makes minor demon tokens, and that rocks:D

I

Istanbul

I've always been a big fan of Nebuchadnezzar.

Nebuchadnezzar (3UB)
Creature - Legend
X, T: Name a card. Target opponent reveals X cards from his or her hand at random. Opponent then discards any cards with the same name as the named card. Use this ability only during your turn.
3/3

"Let's play Go Fish. Do you have any...Counterspells?"

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I always liked him cause you can make them discard lands too.

T

train

nicol bolas...

just outright mean with a second turn shallow grave....

N

Nightstalkers

that depends... do you want our full listing or the abridged version?

and yes some of the legends from legends where better than the ones we got now!!!!

Skyship Weatherlights was not a very wise idea... just a Mangara's tome ristricted!

N

Notepad

I was always partial to Marhalt Elsdragon and Jerrard of the Closed Fist, both G/R legends for six mana that--at the time--seemed like a good deal and excellent fat.

J

Jigglypuff

Stangg and his Twin are pretty cool. I've always been partial to Xira Arien and Rasputin Dreamweaver as well. I also like Aboshan, Cephalid Emperor.

(- Steve -)

B

bryson430

Old school = legends from "Legends" (Or Chronicles, I guess)

And Xira...I like Xira, but no-one here seems to approve of her in my Asmadi deck

N

Notepad

How about the Ice Age legends? Those are old school as well.

I remember seeing General Jarkeld for the first time and thinking how cool he was. It was a Sorrow's Path that didn't suck quite as bad, but for that very reason I thought it was awesome.

Come to think of it, everyone valued him highly because of that.

The old days were stupid...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I remember looking at Autumn Willow and thinking that's cool, she can't be targeted unless you want her to be, but she was pretty expensive... :) And Baron Sengir to lead a Vampire army, finally :)

G

Gizmo

Marton Stromgald - coming to a Goblin deck near you SOON!

I also have a soft spot for the Jon Bon Jovi of Ball Lightnings - Eron The Relentless.

Lin Sivvi has to be the best Legend ever made, though.

W

WickedBoy6

You have to give credit to ALL Elder Dragons in "Legends/Chronicles". My favorites were Vaevictus Asmadi (Deadly with the right storage lands), Nicol Bolas (Name another creature that made you discard your whole hand), and Palladia-Mors (I do love that Trample).

I still run 4 Eron's in my RL burn deck.

C

Captain Caveman

Ole Skool...

Jacques le Vert
&
Sol Kanar, the Swamp King

Neo Skool...

Rith, the Awakener
&
Silvo, Rogue Elemental

Most Playable(?)

Liv Sivvi
&
Braid's

B

bryson430

I have a Legend-Sligh deck that features Eron and Kamahl, Pit Fighter. And a Karakas...

I like those two...although Kamahl has a really big Cross-hairs on his head...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Don't dis Márton. I use him in my geezer deck (lands and old people, most are old cards too).

Marhault and Jerrard kick ass. Gerrard doesn't. Jacques is really good too, and let's throw in Kaysa for good measure.

I had a Wood deck with Molimo, Jolrael and Nemata that worked well too. I know they're all new, but they're not bad.

T

Troll

How come no one has mentioned my fav, the most abusable Legend ever.......SQUEE!!!!!! . He's relativly new school but the best old Legend is Nicol Bolis or Eladammri, Lord of the Leaves.