Fun with a modualar triskelion

T

train

I do... I admit it...

there's no better magic cards to tear up than FoW and MD when trying to make my opponent sick...:)

T

train

though it's great advantage - ancestral does nothing to me specifically... so it's not so bad...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Isn't Ancestral advantage as well?

Well, I was told by one player that it's the best card in the game...

I said I didn't think it was...

He proposed something like this...

Okay, so you might argue that it's a card you draw in itself, so it's really only like drawing two cards...

And the blue mana requirement takes up an island, which is another card draw...

But then that's still one card for nothing. If you don't think that Ancestral Recall is the best card in the game, just try drawing an extra card for nothing when you feel like it, and see if it improves your game.

T

train

considering ancestral's "power" of the draw... it still isn't so great, because saying "no" to anything is more powerful than drawing an extra card...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd rather have an Ancestral Recall in my starting hand than a Mana Drain or Force of Will. Also, if I'm going to tutor for one of them, it'll be the Ancestral...

Countermagic is good, but card advantage is important to maintain, and Ancestral will often draw more of that potent countermagic, or at least clear away the stuff that isn't so that you're more likely to draw it...

T

train

so... doesn't using the ancestral to get to counter magic make the counter magic that much more important than the ancestral?...