Fight me!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I notice that it's been far too long since I've actually played Magic with people here. Yeah, I'm handing out draws in Eternal Masters pack wars, but that isn't good enough. Someone fight me. I don't care what format. I'll build a deck or use an existing one. I have lots of cards. Might as well use them. I have lots of decks too. I have all of the Event decks, all of the Commander precons, all of the Clash packs, all of the Planeswalker decks, all of the Planechase stuff, all of the Archenemy stuff, all of the Vanguard cards, a bunch of the old theme decks, intro packs, duel decks, etc. My new job actually leaves me some free time to do this stuff, so I'm good to go. Vintage? Fight me. Legacy? Fight me. Modern? Uh, I guess fight me. Draft? Fight me. Sealed deck? Fight me? Cube? Fight me. Peasant Magic? Fight me. Vanguard Planechase Commander Two-Headed Giant all at once? Fight me, fight me, fight me. I'll even build a Standard deck if you want. I don't care, just fight me.

turgy22

Nothing Special
We could use another player in the sports league. Draft just started... it's not too late to get in on it.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Sports league, you say? OK, what do I do?
Step 1: Get acquainted with the format. Check out the sign-ups & info thread. Download the spreadsheet that's in there, while you're at it.
Step 2: Choose a deck. Look at all the tabs in the spreadsheet that are labeled "Deck#" and pick the one you think you'd most like to play with. I'd also be willing to hand over my deck (the "Turgy22" tab) if you want to play that one. You also have the option to start a new deck from scratch using four fresh booster packs of your choosing.
Step 3: Join the draft. Choose a booster pack from any "normal" Magic set to add to the draft pool. I'll add those cards into the existing pool and allow Mooseman and Rokapoke the opportunity to swap their current picks for a card from that pack. Then check back into the draft thread regularly until the last post says "Oversoul is on the clock". When that happens, you pick a card from the draft pool and add it to your deck, according to the instructions in the draft thread.
Step 4: Customize your deck. Once the draft is over, you can add any cards from the tab that says "Free Agent". You can also make trades with other players. Your total card pool can't exceed 70 cards, though.
Step 5: Fight! Once all that fun stuff is over, we actually play games. I'll post pairings regularly so you know who to play against. Each player plays each other player 3 times. At the end of the season (probably some time in 2019), the two players with the best records play a match for the championship and then we start the whole thing all over again.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
1. It was confusing at first, but I think I'm getting the gist of it. What set is "The Dork"? :p
2. I like Deck#5. Let's Jund 'em out.
3. I choose, uh, I choose...

...Weatherlight!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I pretty much have to do pre-made deck formats right now (or easy to generate), so I can do Mindmaster or Commander if you want.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I can pilot any deck, but they will be some type of net deck thingy.
Spidey and I have done the pre-cons and the commander pre-cons.
Innistrad pre-cons?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
For the regular old theme/intro precons, I've taken most of them apart and sorted the components into my collection, and I'm missing a whole lot of them. But I can use a computer program or or just construct the decks from my collection. For other types of precons, I have them stored and potentially ready to play. Have you guys done the Event decks? They made 26 regular ones, plus 1 special Modern format one and 3 "Clash Pack" ones (playable as two separate decks or they can be consolidated to provide a deck that is supposedly of about the same power level as an Event deck). I am curious as to which ones are the strongest of the bunch...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We haven't done Event decks; if there are decklists on the Net (I'll go look), I can do one...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are the Event decks supposed to be played against each other from the same expansion? I would think so but just want to make sure...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, they were Standard-legal for the sets that they were released with. Basically, they were geared toward the FNM crowd and other players who wanted something more powerful than the Intro Packs, but still preconstructed. They weren't specifically meant to be played against each other like Duel Decks, and after a while they cut it down to only one per set anyway. I've played with a couple of them and found that they tend to beat janky casual decks on average. There's nothing special about pitting two decks released for the same set against each other, but it seems like a good starting point.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh. I didn't know if playing one from, say, Mirrodin Besieged, against one from Gatecrash would work.

To simply things, how about we just play each Event deck from the same set against each other and take turns playing each one (making two games)? So let's start with the earliest, Mirrodin Besieged, and I'll take Infect and Defile first and you play Into the Breach and then we'll switch.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Sounds good. The very beginning is a very good place to start.

Once we get through past the point when they stopped releasing two per set, if we're both still alive by then, we can just pair up the decks against each other in chronological order.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
By then, we may be in old folks home but technology will be so advanced that we could play each other virtually in 3D :D