Fantasy Football 2017

Melkor

That is what we call a squeaker but clearly it just shows the heart and determination of all the guys on my team to pull it out because nothing could be more important to them, than winning this fantasy football league.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The Golden Toilet- #8 The Takklemaggots vs. #7 Inaction in Action: Perhaps an air of apathy should be an appropriate trophy for whoever wins this matchup. Can someone tell me if either of these two have been awake at their keyboard this year? *Sigh* But I must push on. The Takklemaggots have not shown up to a single game all season, having over 200 points the same number of times they’ve score less than 100 (which is 1). Inaction in Action can brag about their 2-12 record over the winless maggots AND can claim superiorty over the hapless grubs, though the rest of the league takes that the win% of the team’s they’ve beaten is still a paltry 0%. This actually might end up being an interesting matchup and we may not see all-defeated team as Yahoo predicts the remains of Takklemaggots’ lineup to outscore IiA by 26 points as of this; Aaron Rodgers being inactive may have something to do with that.
WINNER: The Takklemaggots (GET THAT WIN!!!!)

The “Send in the Clowns” Trophy - #5 TomBStonerS vs. #6 Dread Reapers: This trophy has been renamed due to the non-streaking nature of recent participants in this game. These two will have their final game of the year against each other for the 2nd time in 3rd seasons, though it was under better times for them then as TomB defeated our newest team to claim the league title 2 seasons ago. Still, Consolation champion gets to mean bragging to all that you weren’t completely asleep this season. We have a potentially competitive matchup here with a fairly match across the board. Two good QBs each in Cousins/Rivers and Winston/Newton, each has a very good collection of wideouts (and each with a dubious projection from one of them in Lee and Adams). The big break here is how much can LeVeon Bell produce for Dread Reapers. Also, I’m noticing Pro Bowler Mark Ingram is currently on DR’s bench which is an interesting call. Yahoo has DR as a 10 point favorite and it’s hard to argue that looking at the upside of his opponent’s team. However, TomB is a hardened vet of this league with an all-time best average place of 3.6th each year (next closest out of us is Spidey at 4.13). I’m going against logic and picking a monster game for Philip River to be the tipping point.
WINNER: TomBStonerS

The “Horseshoes, Hand Grenades and Nuclear Bombs” 3rd Place Trophy - #4 Dwarven Miners vs. #3 MooseJaw_Charge: Spidey has been a model of consistency this season; since week 3, he has gone W-W-L every three weeks. With this pattern and paired with last week’s win, he’s due for yet another one. Not if Marty’s 5 game streak has anything to say about it, a streak that began with a 126-point blowout of Spidey’s own Dwarven Miners! This isn’t to say that Spidey doesnt have some of his own brags, as he beat the Charge by 91 points earlier this year. Spidey’s been riding the wave of Pretty Boy Tom Brady this season, who looks to have a monster game this week against Buffalo (as does Case Keenum against a leaderless Green Bay). MooseJaw_Charge may have some good studs in Matt Ryan and Matthew Stafford, but the loss of Antonio Brown to a lower calf injury could spell doom. His biggest hope to overcome a currently 48 point spread is to quickly replace brown and pray that Stafford/Marvin Jones jr and Ryan/Devonta Freeman connect for many many touchdowns. HOWEVER….. Since I’m always rooting for my Seahawks…. And I need the Lions and Falcons to falter this week to help my team’s chances, I’m counting on the touchdowns to not come for Marty and blindly pick…
WINNER: Dwarven Miners

The Rupert Dillinger Blakeley CPA FFL Trophy - #1 Silmarils vs. #2 Ransac's Maniacs: This is the 4th time in 5 season that these two have played each other in the last week of the season. 3rd time for the league time (4th time was for Consolation champ in 2013, which Silmarils won). In that span, these two teams have been the very best out of the league, with simarils leading the league with an aggregate place of 2.8 every year (Ransac is right behind at 3.2). There are playmakers all over the place for these two: Melkor has Brees, Wilson, Dez, Demaryius, Kamara, Hunt, Gronk, and the Jax defense, Ransac has Big Ben, Goff, Julio, Alshon, McCaffrey, Delanie, Mike Evans and an ace in the hole in returning Ezekiel Elliot. Since starting a meager 4-3, Ransac has been on a tear and only losing once since. Save for that loss (scoring only 221 in against Spidey’s highest score since week 4), Ransac hasn’t scored below 260 since week 6. Melkor started off amazingly at 10-1, but stumbled down the stretch with 1-2. Both impressed last week and scored over 300 points and the game is currently only 6 points apart predicted. However, it pains me to say that, despite my brashness and best team put forth, I’m hoping for a monster day from DangerRuss AND for that to happen I must accept and predict that, for the first time since 2005, your league champion will be...
WINNER: Silmarils

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The Dynasty is in full swing. 4 titles in 7 years (and 3 over 4 years!), tying Spidey for most CPA FFL titles.

I’m coming for you next season.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
According to the Post-Draft Projections from before the season, Takklemaggots was predicted to go 1st and I was projected to go Last. ;)

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

And I've finished in second for 4 of the last 6 seasons. Those titles back in 2005 and 2003 seem like a long time ago.