Does God play Magic ?

N

NeuroDeus

We had so many questions about god... How about this one : DOES GOD PLAY MAGIC...

D

DÛke

...yes, god does play Magic, he's Ed, this website's webmaster :)
(Hey Ed, I couldn't help but say it, I'm sorry :), I'm just joking man, don't get mad at me, ok? :))

No, seriously, why do you ask that?
Is it a joke?
God, it he, she, or it, exists, than, I don't know...What is god?
I believe in him/her/it, but what is it?

D

Dark Horse

Well lets take it from a dialetic point of view. This assumes that you both A. are monotheistic and B. Beleive god is perfect, all encompassing etc.

God is the embodiment of good

Playing Magic is good

Henceforth God plays magic.

Last I heard he plays a worship deck :)

N

NeuroDeus

1. I'm christian...Roman Catholic...not protestant in any way...im with the pope (he plays a white/green deck...) and his cardinals (the play red, i wonder why...)

2. No...he stopped using his Worship deck...and know uses a Celestial Convergence based one... and god! he wins...

F

FoundationOfRancor

God is so hard to play against! Hes always playing these weird mind games. Whenever im playin agaisnt his blue deck, every spell I cast its "Are you sure you want to do that?" or "well, ok, if your sure" GOD! I hate playing him!

He smells really nice though.

C

Cateran Overlord

God still has his worship deck, and I still think it's not fair. Far worse though is his Bargain deck, I tell you it MUST be stacked...

E

Erbrich

I heard a rumor that God has been helping Jon Finkel create his winning decks. Does anhone have God's number so I can get in on this???

Erb

H

Hetemti

LMAO@the prospect of God coming down and challenging Jerry Falwell to play him. :)

P.S. God's deck is based on His Wrath, Worship, and Angelic Renewal for self-D, and a whole pack of Angels to spread the good word of whoopass.

D

Dark Horse

He likes to cast humble and serra avatar a lot too. I once came reallly close to beating him, he was mana-hosed and I had him down to one. It was around then I started thinking that maybe beating god in a game of magic would be stupid, and I would go to hell. Sooo, I let him win, and to this day he doesnt suspect a thing. If I'd known Britney Spears was the devil though...;)

Also, does the CPA have some sort of chat room? If so then what?

W

Whimsical

I firmly believe that the Guy Upstairs (and I'm not referring to my dirty-minded neighbour) plays with dice and not cards. It's an Einsteinian thing...

W

Whimsical

Let me guess ... the Man plays russian roulette with the universe ... and uses an automatic pistol, huh? I always had an inkling He liked to stack the odds...

P

Purple_jester

Which God? There are many gods. Not all of them play Magic. Of those gods that do play Magic, different gods play different types of decks. Some examples:

Thor (Norse): Counter-Hammer with 4 Hammers of Bogardan

Zeus (Greek): Red sligh, 4 each of Lightning Bolt, Lightning Blast, Chain Lightning and Arc Lightning, plus all of his creatures are nice-looking women like Kris Mage

Hela (Norse): All-black deck with lots of spirits, specters and undead, with 4 Living Deaths to boot

Quetzalcoatl (South American): Blue-green deck, lots of different serpents and flowers like Wall of Blossoms, Ribbon Snake and Yavimaya Wurm

Jesus (Catholic): All-white deck filled with Worship, Pacifism, Martyr and Swords to Plowshares, and because god forgives, there are no Wraths of God in this deck

Vishnu (Hindu): Blue-white permission deck, complete with Balance, Time Walks, Time Spirals, Time Twisters and Time Warps to represent that irritating karma-reincarnation philosophy

See, lots of gods and lots of Magic decks. No representative from the oriental dieties; they're too busy playing Legend of the Five Rings. ;)

S

sageridder

I heard he got tired of bring his work home with him,that's why he plays necro now.

S

SwingMage

Of course I play magic!

(weeeeeeeeeee, just jokin, had to say it ;) )

D

Django

Odin plays some weird deck using Raven Familiars, Workhorse and Eye of Singularity. He always wins too. I think he cheats. I guess I haven't sacrificed enough goats to his honor.. or something.