Dan Freagarthach

turgy22

Nothing Special
Are you on the forums?

Hate to break it to you, but the comments on the front page don't work and you don't post a real email address, so don't expect much feedback to your articles.

If you want to generate some discussion (which I think would be great), I recommend the following steps:
1. Create a dummy email address, so if someone does want to talk to you, they can contact you that way. You will generate spam by posting it here, but at least we'll think you care.
2. Sign up here on the forums if you haven't yet. Then start a thread just before submitting your articles (or use one thread for all your comments) and link to it in your article. Also, this will let people on here who aren't Spiderman know that something was posted.
3. Mention the names of the people who visit these forums and tell us how great we are. I always respond to articles that mention me or reference something I've written.

P

Psarketos

I am on the forums, and I appreciate the heads up!

1. Spidey has my email and posts the articles (and even my revisions, in his kindness and patience). If he did not link my email, then that might just be the default in the current timeframe. I would be happy with him linking it though, if it makes sense! Or enabling comments, whatever might work best for the site and its readers.

2. I like your idea about starting a thread about the posts. I have no current plans for a future article, but I will be starting a related thread after replying to you here.

3. Will do - thanks again for getting me into the loop :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I had guessed that Dan was Psarketos after seeing that the first article had come up shortly after Psarketos had been inquiring about posting articles. Thought about starting a thread in the decks forum concerning the decklist in the first article: it reminds me a bit of a manaless deck that I used to have, although his is even more extreme.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, this is my fault. I didn't want to put his email in the article submission precisely because of the spam issue - I didn't do it for Oversoul either when he submitted. I will also take on the responsibility of starting a thread in the forums for further discussion and link to it in the article - the authors shouldn't have to do that because of the disabling of the comment link.

And just in case anyone isn't aware, Psarketos is an "old" member just recently come back - he used to be SeFRo and had even another username before that.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
And just in case anyone isn't aware, Psarketos is an "old" member just recently come back - he used to be SeFRo and had even another username before that.
Wait, really? Dan is Sean's pseudonym? Not trying to pry and I'm enjoying this content either way, but that seems off somehow. Sean's articles were wiped (by you, I think) because he's a professional writer and was worried about having his old stuff archived here (understandable, as there are some risks with that even if they're minor and I've heard that publishers can be touchy about this sort of thing). But I remember Dan's old articles, which are still on the site, from my earliest days here (my join date says 2004, but I was visiting the site frequently from early 2003 or perhaps late 2002 and was unable to register due to some issue with the hideous old AOL web browser that I was stuck with at the time). When his first new article came up and I saw that this was someone who previously had articles here, and many years ago at that, I took a look and though, "Oh yeah, I remember these!" Of course, nothing would have stopped Sean from bringing back an old pseudonym, but I also thought the writing styles were different, although I'd be hard-pressed to note specifics on that. They just seemed different to me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whoops. I got him and Puggernaut mixed up. Puggernaut/SeFRo had also mentioned about writing again so when these came in, I thought they were from him.

The front page articles have been edited to contain links to feedback threads here in the forums.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, that's understandable: they both have usernames that start with "P"! Part of me is still convinced that Turgy and TomB are basically the same guy. :p