BoardGameGeek

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Killer Joe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Killer Joe Active Member

Hi Guys!
    I now live a life pretty much Magic free (played 4 games since November 2015) and am forever lost to board gaming.

My recent BG vices are Memoir '44, Arkham Horror: The Living Card Game, Splendor & Cottage Garden.

I still miss those days of Spidey and the girl (can't remember her name now) who wrote with a Southern accent, Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Fun times.
  2. Oversoul The Tentacled One

We miss you!
    Killer Joe likes this.
  3. TomB Administrative Assistant

Whimsical?
    Killer Joe likes this.
  4. Gizmo Composite: 1860

5. Killer Joe Active Member

WHIMSICAL!!!!! Yes, that's her....we're talking like 10+ years ago.....
    and what about The Duke? Some pretty heated discussions right after 9/11 with that guy
  6. TomB Administrative Assistant

Who could forget? :rolleyes:
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

It was actually about 17 years ago... man, what you guys remember....

Glad you're still around KJ... and Gizmo too! :eek:
  8. Gizmo Composite: 1860

Still around... and CPA is about to get a namecheck in my next blog, actually! X-Wing is going through a bit of a hypercompetitive moment like Magic was back in the combo winter that spawned this place.
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Just did a quick look - didn't know you stopped playing Magic only a couple of years ago (or is that cards in general?)
  10. Gizmo Composite: 1860

11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Wow, nice read. When did you ever find time to study while at university? :) I only got into Man-o-War and Blood Bowl barely; people around tried them once and that was it.
  12. Killer Joe Active Member

Mooseman & his lovely wife came to our house the other night to play Eldritch Horror (we beat Azathoth in 3.5 hours), he & I talked about the CPA and so I thought I'd drop by to say hi!

We talked about Magic briefly, I told him I did buy the duel deck kit called "Mind vs Might" they UR & RG respectively decks. I haven't played them yet but did look through the cards, I knew most of the cards and some I didn't but nothing really confusing.

I won't say I will never play magic again but I can say that most likely I'll NOT play at the pace I once did especially when I was running our little Multi-Player Magic League (MML where there were no banned or restricted cards except "UN" cards & cards with the text "Ante" and a 75 card minimum deck limit).

I bought Battle Royale back in the day and have all the original cards, Battle Royale has 4 pre-con decks that are 40 cards big, I'd like to play that sometime.

I'm going to take a looksee around the sight, glad to still see some familiar names!
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Good to see you again and sorry to hear about MML, I loved your stories!