Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (Oversoul) vs Gatewatch (Spidey, Melkor, TomB)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Melkor casts Vines of the Recluse on my Ogre. In response, I'll Flash Dualcaster Mage to copy it and choose TomB's Precinct Captain as the copy's target. Responses to any of that or move to Blockers?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ogre blocks Nighthawk
Dualcaster Mage blocks Horror
Precinct Captain blocks Archfiend
Everyone else is unblocked

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
For some reason, I was sure that you could do that, but I just checked and it appears that you can't. Huh. I guess I was thinking of Two-Headed Giant and Archenemy is actually "Team vs. Team." Or something. Oops. And by now I've totally forgotten if this has come up before... :confused:

Anyway...

Vampire Nighthawk dies, Dualcaster Mage dies, Archfiend of Depravity dies, Gideon Jura takes 3 damage, and TomB takes 3 damage. That it?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, if I seem to have been making suboptimal attack choices, now you all know why. Oh well...

Vampire Nighthawk, done.

Nicol Bolas, God Emperor of Dune: 44
Command Zone: Bow to My Command (Melkor's creatures can't attack me or my planeswalkers. At the beginning of my opponents' end step, they may tap any number of untapped creatures they control with total power 8 or greater. If they do, abandon this scheme.)
Hand: 2
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp
(T) Crumbling Necropolis (~ etb tapped. T: add U, B, or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Dragonskull Summit (~ etb tapped unless I control a swamp or mountain. T: add B or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Cinder Barrens (~ etb tapped. T: add B or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Highland Lake (~ etb tapped. T: add U or R to my mana pool.)

(S) Baleful Strix (1/1; Flying, deathtouch. When ~ etb, draw a card.)
(S) Vampire Nighthawk (2/3; Flying, deathtouch, lifelink.)
(T) Horror token (3/3; Attacks Spiderman if able.)
(T) Horror token (3/3; Attacks TomB if able.)
(T) Horror token (3/3)

Graveyard: Dreadbore, Lightning Bolt, Icefall Regent, Vampire Nighthawk, Archfiend of Depravity
Exile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Melkor: 20
Hand: 5 - 4 I think after casting Vines
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,T) Island x2

(U) Fertilid (1/1 from ctrs; ~ ETB with two +1/+1 ctrs on it.; 1G, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Target player searches his library for a basic land card and puts it onto the battlefield tapped. Then that player shuffles his library) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Initiate's Companion (3/1; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, untap target creature or land)

Graveyard: Explore, Scute Mob, Turntimber Basilisk, Sylvan Bounty, Retreat to Kazandu, Vines of the Recluse
Exile:
Spidey: 1
Hand: 3
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Mt x4

(U) Blood Ogre (3/3 from ctr; Bloodthirst 1; First Strike) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Searing Spear, Battle-Rattle Shaman, Guttersnipe, Chandra's Phoenix, Dualcaster Mage
Exile:
TomB: 11
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Plains x5

(U) Gideon's Lawkeeper (1/1; W, T: Tap target creature)
(U) Precinct Captain (3/3 from ctr First Strike; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token) * 1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Gideon Jura (1; +2: During Oversoul's next turn, creatures he controls attack ~ if able,; -2: Destroy target tapped creature.; 0: Ueot, ~ becomes a 6/6 Human Soldier creature that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all dmg that would be dealt to him this turn)

Graveyard: Youthful Knight, Shoulder to Shoulder, Aerial Responder, Shoulder to Shoulder, Anointer of Champions
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Added Explore to Melkor's graveyard

Untap, upkeep, Draw

TomB plays a Plains and casts Aegis Angel, targeting Gideon. He also activates Gideon's first ability.
Melkor plays an Island and casts Nissa, Worldwaker and uses her first ability on an Island.
Spidey casts Pathmaker Initiate

Done - Melkor taps his creatures to get rid of the scheme.

Nicol Bolas, God Emperor of Dune: 44
Command Zone:
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp
(T) Crumbling Necropolis (~ etb tapped. T: add U, B, or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Dragonskull Summit (~ etb tapped unless I control a swamp or mountain. T: add B or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Cinder Barrens (~ etb tapped. T: add B or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Highland Lake (~ etb tapped. T: add U or R to my mana pool.)

* All creatures must attack Gideon if able on next turn*

(S) Baleful Strix (1/1; Flying, deathtouch. When ~ etb, draw a card.)
(S) Vampire Nighthawk (2/3; Flying, deathtouch, lifelink.)
(T) Horror token (3/3; Attacks Spiderman if able.)
(T) Horror token (3/3; Attacks TomB if able.)
(T) Horror token (3/3)

Graveyard: Dreadbore, Lightning Bolt, Icefall Regent, Vampire Nighthawk, Archfiend of Depravity
Exile:
Melkor: 20
Library: 43
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Island x2
(T) Island (Elemental creature; 4/4; Trample)

(T) Fertilid (1/1 from ctrs; ~ ETB with two +1/+1 ctrs on it.; 1G, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Target player searches his library for a basic land card and puts it onto the battlefield tapped. Then that player shuffles his library) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Initiate's Companion (3/1; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, untap target creature or land)
(S) Nissa, Worldwaker (4; +1: Target land I control becomes a 4/4 Elemental creature with trample. It's still a land.; +1: Untap up to four target Forests.; -7: Search my library for any number of basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle my library. Those lands become 4/4 Elemental creatures with trample. They're still lands)

Graveyard: Explore, Scute Mob, Turntimber Basilisk, Sylvan Bounty, Retreat to Kazandu, Vines of the Recluse, Explore
Exile:
Spidey: 1
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Mt x4

(U) Blood Ogre (3/3 from ctr; Bloodthirst 1; First Strike) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Pathmaker Initiate (2/1; Target creature with power 2 or less can't be blocked this turn)

Graveyard: Searing Spear, Battle-Rattle Shaman, Guttersnipe, Chandra's Phoenix, Dualcaster Mage
Exile:
TomB: 11
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T) Plains x6

(U) Gideon's Lawkeeper (1/1; W, T: Tap target creature)
(U) Precinct Captain (3/3 from ctr First Strike; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token) * 1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Gideon Jura (3; Indestructible from Aegis Angel; +2: During Oversoul's next turn, creatures he controls attack ~ if able,; -2: Destroy target tapped creature.; 0: Ueot, ~ becomes a 6/6 Human Soldier creature that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all dmg that would be dealt to him this turn)
(S) Aegis Angel (5/5; Flying; When ~ ETB, another target permanent gains indestructible for as long as I control ~) *Targeting Gideon*

Graveyard: Youthful Knight, Shoulder to Shoulder, Aerial Responder, Shoulder to Shoulder, Anointer of Champions
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think it's everyone "who's able". So the Horrors that are supposed to be attacking me and TomB still have to, right?