Zadoc's Carpe Noctem is now a real netdeck.

T

theorgg

Onslaught's Nantuko Husk gives necessary redundancy to the "Pattern of Rebirth" deck as Phyrexian Ghouls #5-8. This little number, not seen since Worlds 2000, employs Symbiotic Wurm to enable turn-three kills. How? Turn-1 Birds of Paradise, turn-2 Nantuko Husk. On turn three, play Pattern of Rebirth of the Bird, then sacrifice it to the Husk. Pattern fetches the Wurm, which--along with all seven of its Insect offspring--go into the Husk, making it a 20/20 monstrosity.
Well, the basic combo is there... But insted of getting a Rector and the fetching a Saproling Burst, it just goes for the head via Symboyotic Worm...

Well, it's about the same...

I wonder what Zadoc will have to say if he ever finds out? :eek:

A

Apollo

I wonder what Zadok would say if he knew his old friend theorgg was misspelling his name after all those years... ;)

Z

Zadok001

"Zadoc" thinks exactly the same thing he's always thought - It's a great deck, and I'll be playing it. Unforunately, Peter Szigeti screwed it up royally in that version. I want to hit him. :)

(Btw, technically speaking, I'm the one whose been mispelling my name, not Orgg. My given name is David Zadoc Stroud. I preferred the look of the "k," so I informally changed it.)

T

theorgg

I'll be expecting to see "Carpe Noctem 2002" on Starcitygames.com in the next few weeks!

Make sure to link to your older articles as reference!

WELCOME BACK, ZADOC!!:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Zadok, are you sticking around? If so, what happened to ya in the past year? If not, why not?

Edit: Never mind, I saw your Silent Thunder post.