Unbound and Down [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Piloted this deck for the first time in a while. Game got gridlocked and we had to call it with the game store closing down for the night. I don't know how it would have gone. Omarthis was pretty big, but my opponents were very deliberately avoiding killing my commander. Oh well.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I put my Omarthis deck from last year back together, then I edited the crap out of it. The old deck was based on the "Eldrazi Unbound" precon, but this version departed from that in favor of squeezing more value out of Omarthis. Also, I included some new cards that weren't available back when I first built the old version. This version should be better. Let's manifest.

Commander:
1 Omarthis, Ghostfire Initiate

1 Agatha's Soul Cauldron
1 All Is Dust
1 Ancient Tomb
1 Andúril, Narsil Reforged
1 Arcbound Crusher
1 Arch of Orazca
1 Ashnod's Altar
1 Basalt Monolith
1 Blast Zone
1 Bonders' Enclave
1 Buried Ruin
1 Chronomaton
1 City of Traitors
1 Clock of Omens
1 Cloud Key
1 Conjurer's Bauble
1 Cryptic Trilobite
1 Crystal Grotto
1 Crystal Vein
1 Darksteel Citadel
1 Darksteel Monolith
1 Desecrate Reality
1 Drannith Ruins
1 Drillworks Mole
1 Drownyard Temple
1 Echoes of Eternity
1 Eldrazi Confluence
1 Erratic Portal
1 Everflowing Chalice
1 Extruder
1 Forge of Heroes
1 Forsaken Monument
1 Foundry Inspector
1 Fountainport
1 Glaring Fleshraker
1 Grim Monolith
1 Hall of Tagsin
1 Hangarback Walker
1 Hidden Grotto
1 Inventors' Fair
1 Iron Apprentice
1 It That Heralds the End
1 Jhoira's Familiar
1 Karn's Bastion
1 Liberator, Urza's Battlethopter
1 Lifeline
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Mana Vault
1 Manifold Key
1 Maze of Ith
1 Memory Jar
1 Metalworker
1 Mindless Automaton
1 Mishra's Factory
1 Mishra's Workshop
1 Mutavault
1 Myr Retriever
1 Mystic Forge
1 Nesting Grounds
1 Pentavus
1 Power Conduit
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Rings of Brighthearth
1 Rise of the Eldrazi
1 Rogue's Passage
1 Salvager of Ruin
1 Scrap Trawler
1 Scrapyard Recombiner
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Shrine of the Forsaken Gods
1 Skittering Cicada
1 Sol Ring
1 Staff of Domination
1 Steel Overseer
1 Strip Mine
1 Su-Chi
1 Su-Chi Cave Guard
1 Sword of Truth and Justice
1 Syr Ginger, the Meal Ender
1 Tarrian's Soulcleaver
1 The Mycosynth Gardens
1 The Ozolith
1 Thopter Squadron
1 Thran Dynamo
1 Threefold Thunderhulk
1 Throne of Geth
1 Tomb of the Spirit Dragon
1 Treasure Vault
1 Tyrite Sanctum
1 Ugin, the Ineffable
1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
1 Ugin's Mastery
1 Urza's Cave
1 Urza's Saga
1 Voltaic Key
1 Walking Ballista
1 War Room
1 Zhalfirin Void
1 Zoetic Cavern

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Tried out the new list at a table that I thought would be pretty low-power. I did eventually win, but it was actually kind of slow. No conclusions yet from just a single game, but I did find that interesting. Got to see some of the new cards. I even used Eldrazi Confluence to flip over some manifested permanents. Agatha's Soul Cauldron on Hangarback Walker carried me through this one. Omarthis never died a second time, so the counters accumulated and made my commander damage lethal.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this deck for my most recent game. My friend's old pet Titania deck did its thing. He took a beating from another player at the table while I built up to have a decent board state, but once he got Zuran Orb and Scapeshift, it was over. Too bad about this deck not really getting much of an opportunity, but I was happy to see the Titania deck again. It's been too long.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I had a somewhat uneventful loss to close out last night with this deck. Kept a one-land hand, but managed to deploy Drillworks Mole, then Omarthis. I also got Chronomaton. No one attacked into me or ever blocked Omarthis. But by the time my commander was big enough to be a threat, my opponents were already doing more explosive things. Any of them might have won, but the Jin-Gitaxias deck ended up comboing off. Basically, my mana production was lacking and my deck was about two turns behind the rest of the table. If there'd been a board wipe or something, if things had gone a bit differently, my position would have been fine. But it wasn't, so it wasn't. Can't win them all.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this deck last night. I simply got a better start than my opponents and was able to beat them down with bigger creatures than what they had available. Nothing too fancy. Glaring Fleshraker did a lot of damage. I think that was the first time I actually used Glaring Fleshraker. Crazy card.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this deck for my first game last night (opponents picked it at random). Although I didn't have my fastest start ever, my opponents initially weren't doing much and were being beaten down by small creatures. Omarthis came in as a 2/2. For a while, I had the best board position. Then the least experienced player at the table managed to get Vesuvan Drifter to become a copy of Dazzling Sphinx and chose to attack me. There were only three possible hits and my opponent probably had no idea what they were (Eldrazi Confluence, All Is Dust, and Rise of the Eldrazi were all in my library, while Desecrate Reality was sitting in my hand). She hit Rise of the Eldrazi, snowballing enough to become the biggest threat at the table. I worked to rebuild, using Threefold Thunderhulk to grow Omarthis. After dishing out a beating to all three opponents and taking one myself, I eventually managed to have Omarthis get hit by a removal spell, manifesting 19 cards. From there I was able to use Eldrazi Confluence to turn Ashnod's Altar face-up. On my turn, I used Ashnod's Altar with some help from other artifacts to manifest the rest of my library and to move 54 +1/+1 counters from The Ozolith onto Walking Ballista, pinging my opponents to death.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this deck for my final game on Friday. After a pitched battle saw the game get down to a one-on-one with no way yet for me to break through my opponent's defenses, I assembled an infinite combo with Thopter Squadron + Clock of Omens + Grim Monolith + Forsaken Monument + Tarrian's Soulcleaver + Walking Ballista. There you go. Six-card infinite damage combo.