Decks for Train - By Me

M

Master Shake

Actual Good decks... with the absence of Blue. These are type 1, as it is what I play.

Ankh Sligh

Lands

11x Snow-Covered Mountian
4x Wasteland
1x Strip Mine
4x Great Furnace

Spleens:

4x Cursed Scroll
4x Ankh of Mishra
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Incinerate
4x Chain Lightning
4x Shrapnel Blast
3x Fireblast
1x Wheel of Fortune
1x Fork

Savannah Lions:

4x Jackle Pup
4x Goblin Cadets

Tools:

4x Mox Monkey/Mogg Fanatic (Fanatic for unpowered areas, or 1.5)

Sideboard:

8x Red Blast
3x Glacial Crevass
4x Open Slots

The deck works pretty well against control decks, It is the deck that I just finished building... well... I am short two Chain Lightning, but I am almost there.

Cherry Parfait

This is a deck I am really excited about playing. Mono Wite control with a small splash of red.

Land:

20x Plains
2x Mountian

The Engine:

4x Land Tax
3x Scroll Rack
2x Zuran Orb
1x Planar Birth
1x Soldevi Digger

The Stick:

4x Isochron Scpeter

The Marshmallows:

3x Swords to Plowshares
3x Abeyance
4x Orim's Chant
4x Argivian Find
1x Disenchant

The Cannon:

2x Goblin Charbelcher

Silver Bullets:

1x Blood Moon
1x Story Circle
1x Humility
1x Moat
2x Wrath of God
1x Tormod's Crypt

Sideboard:

I forget it... not with my beloved deck at this time.

Parfait, French for perfection is a deck based around controling the table with annoying white enchantments, and just as annoying artifacts. It works suprisingly well. If the Chat/Scepter combo does not kill them, then the Charbelcher can do it.

Orginally, Parfait won by overwhelming the oppenet with Pegaus tokens, but now, with Goblin Charbelcher, you can stall the game out, sac or discard a Mountian and place it conviently on the bottom of your library with Digger, and use Charbelcher for about... 40.

Green Burn

Lands:

3x Windswept Heath
8x Forest
4x Mishra's Factory

Fun Spells:

4x Eladimari's Vineyard
4x Rancor
4x Loxodon Warhammer
4x Bone Splitter (It combos with the Factory.)
2x Giant Growth
3x Slyvan Library
4x Land Grant

Critters:

4x Raging Elephant
4x River Boa
4x Metenda Lion
4x Blastoderm
2x Skyshroud Elite
2x Cursed Scroll

Sideboard:

4x Choke
3x Tsnuami
Not with the deck right now...

The deck runs fast, hoping that the oppenet can not capitalize on the Vineyard mana for very long. Turn 2 Blastoderm is pretty useful, as I hear. Additionally the mindless amount of pump can punish a blue player with that river boa that slipped through on turn two.

I may write an article on the decks, they will probably suck. Sorry I could not give more information on them right now... I am dreadfully tired.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I might give some of them a try...

Any reason why snow-covered mountains are used in Ankh Sligh? Just because you have them?

And I think the Charbelcher was restricted in Type 1, if you follow those sort of things...

M

Master Shake

Charbelcher banned in T1? No way.

And why are the Snow-Covered Mountians in the deck? The side Board holds the golden chalice of "Glacial Crevass", a little known gem from Ice Age.

2R
Enchantment
Sac a Snow-Covered Mountian: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.

It wins games against stompy and TnT

M

Master Shake

Yeah... I have not slept in a while...

I will go back and add them

N

Notepad

Master Shake, why not make an article of these decks? Something like "Playing the Goddies without Blue" would be neat to see. I'd personally like to see takes on such things.

T

train

I can say that I like each of the deck ideas...

I could build them all, except I run low on cursed scrolls and the scroll racks...

For the Ankh sligh - I'd have to run 4 Avalanche riders... maybe some pillages... just in case I do meet the hevy artifact brutes...

And Orcish Settlers were never a bad card to have, if your opponent didn't run direct creature control!...

All great looking decks - and I like the Parfait title... I used to call my R/W decks - "Peppermint" or Candy Cane... One was Sugar and Spice - but it was a little on the "hotter" side!...

This is just an idea I ran into lately - giant Growth on Isochron scepter is pretty nice!...

D

Darius099

I'll prod him into it, if I get the chance. ;)

After all, he dragged me here. :p

~Darius099

N

Notepad

Master Shake influenced his friend Darius099 to come here? Huh? What happened to Meatwad and Frylock???

Sorry, bad joke, I know. Just had to do it though.

*Mad Dog shoots Sefro with a paintball gun*