Recent content by Oversoul

  1. Oversoul

    The Firm (Where Everyone is a Partner) [EDH]

    Played this deck for my final game last night. It was a close one and I think I was probably about to die, but the game store was closing and we had to pack up to leave.
  2. Oversoul

    Waiting for the Worms [EDH]

    After two of my opponents from previous games left, I played this one in a 1-on-1 game during downtime. My opponent was playing a deck helmed by the original Athreos, and I was basically outgunned. Even if my graveyard hadn't been hit by Jirina, Dauntless General, I was not drawing cards that...
  3. Oversoul

    Trade Offer [EDH]

    This deck was involved in my longest game of last night. The length of the game favored a Bonnie Pall lands deck, and after my other surviving opponent, piloting a Toxrill deck, was able to kill my creatures off, neither of us had blockers to survive the various tokens and big attackers.
  4. Oversoul

    I Blame the Matriarchy [EDH]

    Got to play this deck again last night...briefly. The Krenko deck at the table (same one that ran me over with goblin tokens in my first game of the night) set up Krenko, Mob Boss + Thornbite Staff + Skirk Prospector + Pashalik Mons.
  5. Oversoul

    Banished from Dimension X [EDH]

    Played this deck for my first game last night. I got a bunch of utility spells and not enough mana initially. But it ended up not mattering. One of my opponents was running a Krenko deck and built up a huge army that killed everyone else with Cavalcade of Calamity.
  6. Oversoul

    Oversoul's quadruple Ajani deck from the Reality Fracture Prerelease

    Definitely my most memorable prerelease ever since Mu Yanling, Skydancer kept sneaking to the top of my library and took me to an undefeated run back in 2019. This one didn't go undefeated in games, but did go undefeated in matches, securing me a Top 8 spot in a pretty short event where I think...
  7. Oversoul

    Shōchō Rebellion [Pauper EDH]

    I played this deck for my final game last night. My topdecks were surprisingly bad. I also drew too many removal spells from opponents who were unduly confident that my deck was about to find some way to win if I was left unchecked. I'd struggle, spending my mana just to recover a search rebel...
  8. Oversoul

    Undercity Hustle [Pauper EDH]

    My attempt to bring this deck out last night was ill-fated. I mulliganed away a hand with all black cards and one Island into a hand with mostly blue cards and two Swamps. I honestly should have just shipped this hand too, but I tried to make it work. I ended up not needing to worry about it. I...
  9. Oversoul

    Cloakwood Maulrats [Pauper EDH]

    This deck put up quite a fight when I played it last night. Despite some unfortunate timing on disruption against me, I was able to keep drawing more cards and generating more damage. What really did me in was partially a bit of poor luck, but actually was more down to how this deck is built to...
  10. Oversoul

    Trailer Park Elves [Pauper EDH]

    Played this deck in my first game last night. I didn't get a very quick start, but I was able to make Presence of Gond stick on Ivy Lane Denizen at the same time as two of my opponents were deploying most of their resources to deal with the other opponent. I was able to adapt and build toward a...
  11. Oversoul

    Magic Memories: Ashnod's Altar

    Ashnod's Altar was already a powerful card before I started playing, but the late 90's and early 00's really gave it a boost. And I could cite several cards to illustrate that point, but two green enchantments stand out: Fecundity and Saproling Cluster. In any deck that could create a big...
  12. Oversoul

    The Firm (Where Everyone is a Partner) [EDH]

    I showed up to my LGS specifically hoping to play this deck. I ended up running it twice, for this first and third games of the night. These were three-player pods, as one player didn't show up until we were partway through my first game with this deck, then another one left after I won the game...
  13. Oversoul

    Hypergenetic Eureka [EDH]

    It's been a while. I played this deck last night. Right before I was about to untap and get enough mana to cast Defense of the Heart, one of my opponents cast God-Pharaoh's Statue. So I was stuck, and that left opponents fighting each other a bit while the same player attempted to softlock the...
  14. Oversoul

    Magic Memories: Ashnod's Altar

    My first LGS was a tiny shop in Kent called that was called "The Game Stop." I was playing my SQ deck there and another player saw some card and remarked on how he thought I was playing "Fruity Pebbles." I was unacquainted with that nickname for Enduring Renewal combo decks. But a year or two...
  15. Oversoul

    Magic Memories: Ashnod's Altar

    Looking at cards I've used a lot over the years, one that stands out as not having its own Magic Memories thread is Ashnod's Altar. I like sacrifice-themed decks and mechanics. I like creature-based combo engines. I like making lots of mana. Ashnod's Altar is one of the best cards for many of my...
Top