SB:
3 Emerald Charm
3 Disrupt/Divert
3 Hydroblast
3 Interdict
3 Propaganda

M

Mundungu

I would not like to play agains that deck !!

What about forsaken city for the Stasis upkeep ?

Do you kill with the spikes after capsizing all the opp's creatures ?

Isn't stasis counter productive, since once you get the deck rolling you basically play infinite turns.

One last question, wouldn't Winter Orb work just as well and could be cast more easilly ?

G

Gizmo

You the Stasis to effectively skip the turns where Turboland traditionally is vulnerable - where it is laying out it`s land and trying to stay alive in the meantime. Once youve got your land and explorations into play you simply Charm/Capsize the Stasis at end of their turn, untap, and take infinite turns as usual. Stasis is much better than Winter Orb - this deck is better under a Stasis than a Stasis deck is!

G

Gizmo

addendum.
In at least 100 playtest games I`ve never lost a game where I cast Stasis.

M

Mundungu

I was interested in building a turboland deck, and might very well give that one a try.

I am only missing one stasis, which should'nt be too hard to get.

One last note though, if Stasis is so essential in the early turns, why not run 4 ? (I know I know, I cant see anything that could be taken out to make room).

Z

Zadok001

Gizmo: Cast, or resolved?

Just on general principle, I am a great opponent of the "1x Thwart" part. Thwart isn't really a silver bullet in any respects, and I feel like having an extra Counterspell would make the deck more consistant. Thwart's synergy with Stasis is nice, but then, again, having only one feels a little silly, yes?

G

Gizmo

As there`s no Tutor in the deck it`s not really about 'Silver Bullets' its about Thwart being a very good spell in the deck. Currently I`m running two (4 Exploration turned out to be a lot).

Picking up three islands wins you games, simple as that.

Ad, yes, I meant resolved.

M

Mundungu

There is one point that bothers me.

How reliably can you get the 6 mana to cast Capsize with Buyback when the stasis lock is in place ? (the first time only of course, once you capsizes everything will untap)

G

Gizmo

And in answer - pretty much every game you get plenty of mana available under Stasis, but you dont bother to use the Buyback and save mana in case they've got some funky instants you need to counter.

R

rkoelsch

Usually your decks are very tight I don't understand why use capsize if you don't plan on using buyback. Boomerang would be more mana efficient. I can only assume that you are saying that you wouldn't use it with buyback on your own stasis.

P

PTQ

If you're only using Capsize to bounce the Stasis, why not use Rescue from Urza's "something"? It's only 1 mana, return target permanant you own to owner's hand...

G

Gizmo

Capsize is simply more flexible. 8/10 games the fact it can be bought back wont make any different, but this deck never really struggles to get UU1 not UU. In return you get to use a superior card in the other 2/10 games.

You MIGHT use it with Buyback on your Stasis, Ive certainly done so a couple of times - usually though, the turn you kill Stasis is the last turn your opponent ever gets to play so buying it back simply isnt an issue.

Z

Zadok001

Re: Thwart

2x is better than 1x. :) I just thought having 1x of a counter that was actually quite good in the deck looked a little silly. Like running 1x Absorb in Type 2 U/W control.

Re: Capsize

Clearly, Dematerialize is the better choice here. :D