THE WORST SET!

D

dw51688

Out of all the self standing sets and expansion set ever made, I HATE FALLEN EMPIRES!!!!! I BOUGHT A FALLEN EMPIRE BOOSTER AND BURNT IT!! I PUT MAGNESIUM ON IT AND BURNT IT! IF YOU DON'T THINK I WOULD DO THIS KIND OF THING. THEN ASK JAWS OR DRAGONMAN!!!!!!!!!! DIE FALLEN EMPIRES DIE!!!! WHAT SETS DO YOU GUYS HATE THE MOST?

S

sageridder

I thought homelands kinda sucked ass.One good thing if there can be one though.At my local store a couple of years ago they were sitting on so many fe boxes, that some friends and i bought 2 cases for 20 bucks a box and had a hellava good time with some cheep draft fodder.

M

Mr_Pestilence

Fallen Empires isn't the best set, but it has Hymn to Tourach, Goblin Grenade, Aeliopile, Derelor, pump-knights, Hand of Justice and Rainbow Vale.

Homelands has Autumn Willow, Eron the Relentless, Baron Sengir, and Serrated Arrows.

So while it is a waste of time to buy boosters from those sets, some singles aren't that bad.

D

Darsh

My vote goes to Homeland but no set is all bad they each have some good cards.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

I wanted to use a word other than punk, but as many of you lovely people say from time to time, "This is a family site"
Anyway, I HATE HATE HATE the urza block. All cards from those sets ought to be shot in spot. Kill em all. As my cuz peter said once, "Wheresa match?"

D

Darsh

But what about the fun non-broken stuff like Ghitu War Cry, Weatherseed Treefolk and Symbiosis?

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

Of course FE and Homelands suck but ehat do you expect for about a buck a pack.

Z

Zadok001

Fallen Empires annoyed me... I like a few of the singles, but 90% of the cards never even left my box. Pa-thet-ic! :)

But I'd hate to shoot Greater Good, Pie-Eater...

J

Jaws10387

TAg Guard

Ok i am hear to prove dw's(dennis') point of how crazy he is in his love of fire. He would do that. He is a crazy science freaky person. Not saying I'm not. It is true. Once he asked someone to purify sodium (explodes on contact with water) with a tesla coil. ( a tower that emits an electric bolt) And he made a flamethrower with an aerosol can. He is crazy.

M

Mr_Pestilence

I with you! Hammer of Bogardan, Vampiric Tutor, and ...? Maybe Lhurgoyf? River Boa?

C

Cateran Emperor

I'd go with Pie-Eater, but not ALL of Urza block. Only 90% of the rares. Why? These either sucked badly (Abyssal Horror, god is this thing worthless (this coming from ME mind you)) or were so ungodly overpowered as to be boring to use (REPLENISH, god is that deck BORING from both ends or the table. Has anyone else ever tried playing it?)

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

Urza's Block was a bad block. There were too many overpowered or just plain crap cards. Why does abyssal horror cost 4BB. A hyppie is 10000000x better. There were some decent cards like weatherseed treefolk and Greater Good(Zadok will like that comment).

D

Duel

Well, I liked the horrible rares. It's replenish and Masticore and bargain I dislike. Without those three, it would have been a great set

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

Wasn't there a topic just like this a while back.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sure it can... :rolleyes:

:D

Okay, I don't think there's a worst set. Bad cards are in every set, just as good cards are in every set. Heck, I was disliking Pearled Unicorns and Gray Ogres because there were still better creatures out at the time that did more stuff (like Granite Gargoyle).

And one of the reasons Fallen Empires cost $1 was because it was "over-produced". It was a buck! Why are people complaining about high prices now and then they're complaining about packs being a buck? Well, one person, admittedly, and I don't even know if he complained about high booster prices, but you get the idea...

One set I have yet to build any decks around are the commons from Antiquities. I don't have a lot, just ones I picked up long ago at the bargain basement Magic shop prices, but the ones I got, man, I couldn't think of ANY deck for them. I don't remember the exact cards; one was a black one, Yawgmoth something, who turned something into an artifact. I'm not talking Atog, which got reprinted, I'm talking the commons that DIDN'T get reprinted.

T

Thrash Golem

i didnt like homelands one bit. baron sengir is ok, but only from the graveyard. it costs 8 to cast!

autumn willow was ok, but it can be taken out by flame wave (which is played a lot in my circle) or even easier by my pestilence deck.

in my opinion the best sets were weatherlight (liege of the hollows, gaea's blessing) and alliances (balduvian horde, lake of the dead, force of will)

fallen empires rules.. hymn to tourach is an awesome card.. aelopile is the best colorless direct damage. yep, even beats rod of ruin. also, it introduced thallids (without them, where's verdant force, saproling burst?) and the thrulls which made lord of the pit more popular, and made breeding pit, one of my favorite all time cards. also, there's hand of justice which is ok.

C

Cerberus

I hate homelands the most that set in my mind has only a few reasonable cards in that set and the rest are horrible