Official Werewolf III thread

B

BigBlue

Here are the bios you've chosen for yourselves:

DarthFerret - I am DarthFerret, and I run a small out of the way, run-of-the-mill, weapons and armory shoppe. I usually have a discount for my fellow townsfolk (as we all know each other and pay the same taxes, that outlanders do not) and can generally acquire any goods that a person may want in the metal-smithing industry. I am not a blacksmith myself, and the only real talent I have, aside from a bit of training to keep me from slicing my own foot off with a blade or so, is to be able to judge an objects value fairly acurately.

Mooseman - I am a humble tavern owner who retired to this village at the ripe old age of 56 from the city of Reveless, where I was a personal guard to merchants. I am a burly man of 6 feet, but am starting to get heavy around the middle. I am also a
quiet man who can handle weapons, but would rather meet problems with a hands on approach. A widower, who has a liking for the ladies.

Spiderman - I'm new in town, having recently arrived about a week ago. I'm trying to find my own farm - my family was too big and I wasn't interested in working for them or anyone else. I just managed to get a house or build one but still don't know anyone yet.

EricBess - I'm a traveller, new to town, with a somewhat mysterious past. Rumor has it that I've had dealings with werewolves in the past, but stories get rather murky when it comes to what sorts of dealings...

Orgg - The Orgg is a narcoleptic bum who's often found sleeping in alleyways and alcoves. He's become so good at it that he sort of blends in now and does so without notice, unless you happen to kick his upturned tattered derby over, spilling the few pence he's been given. No one knows what he used to do, but he has the air of having possibly been a gentleman in a life before the streets.

Zigathon - I'm Zigathon. Writer, poet, alcohol consumer.
In addition to writing a series of mystery novels involving a bumbling detective, I never turn down making a few extra bucks doing odd jobs around the community.

Oversoul - I am Oversoul, the carpenter (just like Jesus). I enjoy constructing various wooden structures although not nearly so much as I enjoy smashing things with my unnecessarily large hammer. But people only pay me for the former, so I make myself useful, more or less. I've been around for as long as anyone cares to remember.

Limited - (no bio given - he is an enigma without face or story...)

Melkor - Melkor is the town drunk. He used to own the local stables and was quite the businessman, had an interest in many local ventures. But after his wife ran away with one of the stablehands, he sold off all his assets and has been useing the proceeds to drink himself into oblivion ever since.

Sagerider - I am Sagerider, a shadowy figure who lurks in the streets. I make my living by "finding" lost things... making them get lost is the first step...

BigBlue - I am an accountant for a small mortgage firm... I work for Ebeneezer Scrooge.... ok, maybe not... but it won't much matter as I feel my life will end shortly, leaving no one to care for Tiny Tim...

London - circa 1749.

8am. The fog is still thick, but is starting to break. You are all milling about the same area of town when the town crier shouts... "Murder, Mayhem, Terror in the Streets!"

You all head over to the Moose Lodge (perhaps the initial Moose lodge), to learn more details... some of you were already on your way there anyways to work (Mooseman) or begin your daily ritual (Zigathon & Melkor).

This morning, body parts were found outside the home of the accountant BigBlue. They appear to be his... It has been ages since Werewolves roamed the streets of London, but it appears they have returned. What will you do? It appears there were 2 wolves because there were two sets of bloody footprints which led to the last two body parts before being lost in the grime of London.

(* Fire up the Warren Zevon.... for there are Werewolves in London! *)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The werewolves are back! The werewolves are back! The ancient tales of this scourge even reached my remote village years ago, but I never thought I'd live through it myself.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Werewolves in London..... Not at my place, go check at Trader Vic's.
I don't serve no fruity drinks or foreign food.

Z

Zigathon

Werewolves, you say?
Mooseman, I think I'm going to need a stiff drink. Quickly, my good man.
Should this in fact be a werewolf menace, I hope to write a book about it someday. It would help reduce my hefty pub tab.

S

sageridder

Horrible thing this is, bad for buisness.Something must be done, if the pigeons...er people are afraid to walk the streets I might have to turn to some dishonest line of work like politics.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Zigathon said:
Werewolves, you say?
Mooseman, I think I'm going to need a stiff drink. Quickly, my good man.
Should this in fact be a werewolf menace, I hope to write a book about it someday. It would help reduce my hefty pub tab.
Aye, we all need a drink. Just remember that tab ain't getting any smaller.
The first whiskey is on the house, but only the first one.
Anyone else?

D

DarthFerret

In my line of work, a drink is probably not the thing that I need the most, however, in light of the gruesome activities of the night before, I will have one belt, but only one.

Because a member of our town is deceased...(God rest his soul) .. I am going to offer an additional 10% off of all of my weapons, and a free quiver with the purchase of a new bow, and 20 arrows.

B

BigBlue

It is now 9am... The fog has mostly lifted... a new type of fog is settling in on some patrons as they finish their Eye-Opener... (Whiskey at 8am? sheesh)

E

EricBess

The signs are familiar to me. I'm not saying I have any first-hand experience, but in my travels and studies, I have researched this thouroughly. And the first signs of a werewolf attack are always the shame. What signs are those, you ask? Well, I'll tell you....

...Shameless merchandising...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EricBess said:
The signs are familiar to me. I'm not saying I have any first-hand experience, but in my travels and studies, I have researched this thouroughly. And the first signs of a werewolf attack are always the shame. What signs are those, you ask? Well, I'll tell you....

...Shameless merchandising...
Ha ha ha..... Giving it away or putting on their "Tab" almost amounts to the same thing - no coins in my pocket and less liquor in my bottles......

So Stranger, what signs would you be talking about, besides the intended insult?

Melkor

Hey, I'm up on my bill, I've still got enough money to last . . . *Looks through pockets* two weeks, well, that was before a brutal murder happened, so I'd say I'll probably drink through this in three days.

E

EricBess

Hey, I'm not knocking it...I made me a fortune selling "I survived Transilvania" jerkins a few years back...a few even sold better the second time....barely got out of that one myself.

But I was referring as much to the weapons dealer as to the refreshment. I'll have to take a gander at the wares a'fore the day wears thin.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, I'll give you that there's been shameless merchandising (harmless, but shameless nevertheless). But what I still don't get is the bearing this has on the situation if the first sign of lycanthropy is, as you say, the shame.

Z

Zigathon

That's exactly what I refered to as well.

Another drink, please Mooseman?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Zigathon said:
That's exactly what I refered to as well.

Another drink, please Mooseman?
Sure thing.

Now what is all this about a werewolf and how do we, as a town fight it?

Just let me get my hands on the fiend and there won't be no more murders.

D

DarthFerret

I have heard of a few weapons, primarily made of silver I believe, that are supposed to work against the unnatural, however, I do not currently have them in stock at this time. I offer the discount merely because I do not like to think of anyone in this town walking around without some form of protection. Who knows, maybe a person can fend it off until help arrives? I will look into acquiring some of the types of weapons that we may need, but unfortunately, that make take time that we don't have.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Maybe silver works against them, but scattering their skulls across the countryside should get the job done. However, I'm not inclined to risk that. If we can figure out who the werewolves are, we can destroy them during the day, while they are in human form. Now would be such a time.