Multiplayer decks

N

nodnarb24

Tag guard

What is your favorite deck to use in multiplayer games?

I like to use an artifact deck with a splash of red(Mana Flares). Multiplayer allows me to build up and play it slow. Then when i have enough mana from mana flares and kyren toys, I rocket lauch everyone to death. There's nothing that compares to the feeling you get when you kill the whole table with a rocket launcher. Rocket launcher might not be very good but they can be very fun if you have lots of mana.

D

Darsh

My favorite would have to be my Pestilence deck (I love to shut other decks down), but if I could ever get the cards for it I would like to try a Gravepact deck.

T

Thrash Golem

hey darsh, i got this pestilence deck 2.. lets compare decklists:

Artifacts:
4x Urza's Armor

Black:
4x Hymn to Tourach
4x Pestilence
4x Dark Ritual
2x Death Pits of Rath
1x Demonic Tutor

White:
4x White Knight
4x Order of the White Shield
4x Order of Leitbur
4x Seal of Cleansing
3x Enlightened Tutor

Land:
9x Plains
9x Swamps
4x Scrubland

It only wins in huge games cuz it takes a while to get out.

N

Namielus

My favorite for multiplayer has to be turbodeck'n

Deck'n
4x Millstones
4x Grindstones
1x Whetstone
1x Helm of Obedience

Extra Mana
4x Thran Dynamo
2x Fellwar Stone
2x Worn Powerstone
2x Sky Diamond
2x Thran Turbine

Dealing With Threats
4x Denying Wind
2x Null Brooch
2x Confiscate
2x War Tax

Other
4x Tormod's Crypt
3x Well of Discovery
1x Phyrexian Furnace

Land
16x Islands
4x Crystal Vein

E

Elrond

My personal favorite would have to be my giant 100+ card green deck with 4 Hermits, 4 Squirrel Wranglers, 2 Coat of Arms, 4 Vitalizing Winds, 4 Overruns, 4 Might of Oaks, and various other green bullies and mana elves for fun. It takes a while to get started but once I get out two Priests or a Poacher the games just about wrapped up.

Killer Joe

This deck can appear very weak, but don't be fooled, next thing you know, WHAM!, who's got total board control? Me.
This is my signature deck and totally demonstrates my favorite play style, slow and methodical. Almindhra has lost to this deck. It's embarrassing to lose to this deck.

"Erratic-Spikes" by Mark Ortego
Artifacts
3x Erratic Portal
Blue
4x Counterspell
4x Mana Leak
2x Forbid
2x Capsize
4x Propaganda
Gold
1x Phelddagrif
Green
3x Spike Weaver
3x Spike Feeder
4x Wall of Blossoms
3x Gaea's Blessing
1x Sylvan Library
1x Abundance
White
3x Wrath of God
1x Land Tax
2x Seal of Cleansing
Lands
1x Flood Plains
1x Grassland
2x Tropical Islands
1x Savanna
1x Tundra
4x Plains
5x Islands
5x Forest

D

Darsh

Here's my Pestilence deck

2xUrza's Armor (all I own)
2xBottle Gnomes (yahoo were fizzy!)
4xWall of Junk

4xPestilence (can you believe it's a common?!?!)
4xDark Ritual
2xCemetery Gate (all I own)
2xVampiric Tutor (all I own)

4xDesciple of Grace
3xNightwind Bliders
3xDeath Speakers (all I own)
2xVoice of Grace
2xWall of Glare (all I own)
2xEnlightened Tutor (all I own)
1xWorship (all I own)
1xPariah (all I own)

2xCities of Brass (all I own)
11xPlains
11xSwamps

I got a question for you ThrashGolem do you often have trouble with the double white cc creatures? I know I did when I tried them. I hope Invasion has some good cards for a Pestilence style deck.

[Edited by Darsh on September 8th, 2000 at 05:58 PM]

A

Apollo

Yellowjacket: Looks good, but it needs more Pheldagriffs :)

My favorite deck is a mono-green Spike deck that slowly sets up with Wildebeests and Spike Weaver and stuff. It's too hard to kill, so everyone ignores it. They kill each other off, and then I suddenly overrun to finish off the last guy :) It works really well.

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I LOVE widebeests. They are one of the best creature cards for green. They have so many posssiblities, especially with spikes.

T

Thrash Golem

Darsh: nah, i got scrublands :) :) :) :)

and the foil plains always float to the top

C

Cerberus

My favorite deck is a Secret Force deck that I have been working on for years. It is only good in five player multiplayer or less anthing after that is will most likely die do to ganging up mostly but it is by far the one I like to play the most in multiplayer even if I know I will die.

K

krichaiushii

I prefer variations on the G/B lots of creatures, creature removal, graveyard manipulation decks.

Though my squirrel deck runs a close second...

F

Fire Slinger

I been fiddling around with Pyromancy, and man this is a mean deck. I also most always win, or I'm one of the last to survive.

Artifacts
4 Grim Monoliths
2 Thran Dyamnos
4 Voltaic Key
2 Temporal Aperature
Creatures
4 Avatar of Fury
3 Phyrexian Colossus
4 Avalanche Riders
Red Spells
4 Pyromancy
4 Shock
4 Searing Wind
4 Wildfire
Lands
22 Mountains

This deck is the reason I've been trying to trade for 4 Cave-ins and 2 more Temporal Aperature.

H

Hetemti

I have an Aperture. PM me with an offer if you are interested.

G

galtwish

Yellowjacket:
I forgot oyu were the guy with erratic spikes! That deck rules!

My personal preference is to play my 5 Color deck, which is a G/U/r/b/w 250 card deck that basicly functions like Rec/Sur Tradewind until I start an infinite Blastoderm/Avalanche Riders/Spike Weaver/Spike Feeder recursion method, Morphling beats, or just start tossing out Fireballs for 20. It is slow, but it can bust a turn 4 Sol'Kanar or Masticore when needed. Other than than, I like playing Black with Blue and Red splashes or R/W blow up the world decks.

Erik

O

Ogg

Yes, well, Cerberus, there's a reason everyone gangs up on you. A)You spend too much time on that deck, and B)It's a pretty good deck!

G

Gerode

4 Humility
2 Allay
4 Bullwhip
3 Dragon Blood
2 Enlightened Tutor
1 Glorious Anthem
3 Gerrard's Battle Cry
1 Honor Guard
2 Metrognome
2 Monk Idealist
2 Nomads en-Kor
2 Oath of Lieges
1 Opalescence
4 Orim's Prayer
3 Ornithopter
2 Phyrexian Walker
1 Planar Collaspe
3 Soltari Foot Soldier
1 Squee's Toy
1 Topple
1 Tundra Wolves
11 Plains
3 Ruins of Trokair
1 Kor Haven

This deck is infamous among my group as being incredibly annoying (I like being obnoxious!). I have had my own teammates kill me while playing this deck!

This deck almost always wins if it can keep Humility in play (It's VERY unusual when it is still in play on my next turn). Orim's Prayer, Bullwhip, and Gerrard's Battle Cry are simply broken when Humility is on the table. Even if Humility comes into play with a huge sign saying "DISENCHANT ME!" to all the white mages, the cards seem to have such great synergy that it can still win many games.
15 Lands looks insane, but usually I can draw an Oath of Lieges (or Tutor for it), and stay right with my other opponents. Without Oath of Lieges, this deck would be toast in a lot of games. No one ever counters or disenchants it, though.

D

Duel

Probably my island sanctuary deck. In multiplayer it just sits there, helping most players and, in small ways, deterring attacks. It just waits... And waits... They'll deck themselves eventually.

C

Cerberus

I like to play a secret force deck that is fast very fast I like to control as fast as I can

D

Duel

Um, your secret force deck gets killed nearly as fast as my colossus deck....