Mirrodin Besieged Event Decks: Spidey (Infect and Defile) vs Oversoul (Into the Breach)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Google flipped a coin for me and yielded tails. I'll shuffle up Into the Breach when I get home this evening.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
And we're off! Mountain, Goblin Guide, attack with Goblin Guide...

Oversoul: 20
Poison: 0
Hand: 5
Library: 53
Battlefield:
(T) Mountain

(T) Goblin Guide (2/2; Haste, whenever this attacks, defending player reveal the top card of his/her library and if it's a land, puts it into his/her hand.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman: 20
Hand:
Library:
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Take 2. Ornithoper, Ornithopter, done.

Hand: 3
Battlefield:
(T) Mountain

(T) Goblin Guide (2/2; Haste, whenever this attacks, defending player reveal the top card of his/her library and if it's a land, puts it into his/her hand.)
(S,S) Ornithopter (0/2; Flying.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman: 18
Hand: 8
Library: 52
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This could be a quick game.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island

Done - discard a Swamp

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain

(S,S) Ornithopter (0/2; Flying.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Hand: 7
Library: 51
Battlefield:

(U) Island

Graveyard: Swamp
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yikes, that's a bad start. Well, I'm the one with the deck that's supposed to be fast. Maybe mine will burn out or yours will stabilize...

UUD, Mountain, attack with Goblin Guide again...

Battlefield:
(U,U) Mountain x2

(U) Ornithopter (0/2; Flying.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 51
Battlefield:

(U) Island

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ha, I just now see you cast two Ornithopters last turn. I kind of skipped over the text and saw the double "S" and thought it was just a typo. Thanks for separating them out :)

Reveal a Swamp, put it in my hand.

Take it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Goblin Wardriver, done.

Hand: 2
Battlefield:
(U,U) Mountain x2

(S) Goblin Wardriver (2/2; Battlecry.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman: 16
Hand: 8
Library: 50
Battlefield:

(U) Island

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp
Plague Myr

Done
Battlefield:

(U,U) Mountain x2

(S) Goblin Wardriver (2/2; Battlecry.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman: 16
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

(S) Plague Myr (1/1; Infect; T: Add C to my mana pool)

Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Mountain, Goblin Bushwhacker with Kicker. My team gets +1/+0 and haste until end of turn. Swing with everything. That's...

4/2 Goblin Guide
2/2 Ornithopter
2/2 Ornithopter
3/2 Goblin Wardriver
3/1 Goblin Bushwhacker

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Done.

Battlefield:

(U,T,T) Mountain x3

(T) Ornithopter (0/2; Flying.)
(T) Goblin Wardriver (1/1; Battlecry.) *-1/-1 counter*
(T) Goblin Bushwhacker (1/1; Kicker stuff.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman: 5
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My Myr is dead, right? Whoops, and I was supposed to reveal the top card of my library from the Guide attacking. It's Corrupted Conscience.

Looks like this is it.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
Plague Myr

Done

Battlefield:

(U,T,T) Mountain x3

(T) Goblin Wardriver (1/1; Battlecry.) *-1/-1 counter*
(T) Goblin Bushwhacker (1/1; Kicker stuff.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman: 5
Hand: 6
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T) Swamp

Graveyard: Swamp, Plague Myr
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah. This deck is fast (although it would appear to be all speed with little left over as a contingency). I'd have to wait until I get home to see my topdeck, but that's a formality at this point, as nothing in your deck would save you at this point with only one mana up. I Lightning Bolt your blocker at the end of your turn, then untap and attack for lethal, which I'm 99% sure you can't stop...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Actually it just dawned on me that since I'm not getting Kicker from Bushwhacker this time (unless I were to topdeck another one) that the majority of my damage would be coming from Wardriver, so technically if you had an instant that could kill/bounce/stop Wardriver, I'd only be swinging for 3 damage. I don't remember seeing a one-mana spell in Infect and Defile that would do the job, but I haven't played the deck yet and only glanced at it...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oops, you posted your reply just before my previous one and I hadn't seen yours yet. Anyway, I'll sleeve up the other deck when I get home. Who goes first, anyway? On the one hand, I won the first game so you should have priority, on the other hand, letting this deck go first again seems like it would favor it...

Good game, although I'd have liked to see what Infect and Defile could do when not mana-drowned, which you seemed to be. But Into the Breach. Wow. It's a true aggro deck! Turn four hasty goblin beatdown kill with Lightning Bolt to boot. Magic in 2011 was awesome! Whatever happened?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We'll just flip a coin again to see who starts. If we were playing this in a best-of-three, yes, I would go first.

Ha, we'll see if it was a lucky draw or typical of the deck when I play.