Magic 2012 Event Decks: Spidey (Illusionary Might) vs Oversoul (Vampire Onslaught)

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Viscera Seer, Bloodghast, done.

Spiderman: 16
    Hand: 5
    Library: 49
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Island x4

(S) Aether Adept (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target creature to its owner's hand)

Graveyard: Aether Adept
    Exile:

====================================================================================================

Oversoul: 17
    Hand: 4
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(S) Eldrazi Spawn (0/1; Sac ~: adds C to my mana pool.)
    (S) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.)
    (S) Bloodghast (2/1; Can't block. ~ has haste if opponent has 10 life or less. If ~ is in the graveyard and land etb under my control, I can return ~ to the battlefield.)

Graveyard: Vampire Lacerator, Pawn of Ulamog
    Exile:
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

My Adept also goes to the graveyard :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Preordain, putting one card on the bottom of the library
    My third Aether Adept, returning the Eldrazi Spawn
    Glimmerpost

Done
    Spiderman: 17
    Library: 47
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Island x4
    (U) Glimmerpost (When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life for each Locus on the battlefield.; T: Add C to my mana pool)

(S) Aether Adept (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target creature to its owner's hand)

Graveyard: Aether Adept, Aether Adept, Preordain
    Exile:

====================================================================================================

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(S) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.)
    (S) Bloodghast (2/1; Can't block. ~ has haste if opponent has 10 life or less. If ~ is in the graveyard and land etb under my control, I can return ~ to the battlefield.)

Exile:
  3. Oversoul The Tentacled One

In response, sac the Eldrazi Spawn to Viscera Seer. No idea what card I'm looking at until I get back home, though...
  4. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I move the card I see from Scry 1 to the bottom of my library. UUD, Gatekeeper of Malakir with kicker, targeting you. Assuming no responses, I'll attack with Viscera Seer and Bloodghast. Done after that (if there are no responses, but I might be forgetting something with Phyrexian mana or whatever, so I'd better hold up on updating the board).
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No responses during your turn, take the damage.
  6. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Done.

Spiderman: 14
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Island x4
    (U) Glimmerpost (When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life for each Locus on the battlefield.; T: Add C to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Aether Adept, Aether Adept, Preordain, Aether Adept
    Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(T) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.)
    (T) Bloodghast (2/1; Can't block. ~ has haste if opponent has 10 life or less. If ~ is in the graveyard and land etb under my control, I can return ~ to the battlefield.)
    (S) Gatekeeper of Malakir (2/2; Kicker B. If ~ was kicked, when it etb, target player sacs a creature.)

Exile:
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Geez. Island
    Spined Thopter
    Lord of the Unreal

Done
    Spiderman: 14
    Hand: 2
    Library: 46
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Island x5

(S) Spined Thopter (2/1; Flying)
    (S) Lord of the Unreal (2/2; Illusion creatures I control get +1/+1 and have hexproof)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(T) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.)
    (T) Bloodghast (2/1; Can't block. ~ has haste if opponent has 10 life or less. If ~ is in the graveyard and land etb under my control, I can return ~ to the battlefield.)
    (S) Gatekeeper of Malakir (2/2; Kicker B. If ~ was kicked, when it etb, target player sacs a creature.)

Exile:
  8. Oversoul The Tentacled One

UUD, Pawn of Ulamog, attack with Bloodghast and Gatekeeper of Malakir, blocks/responses?
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

10. Oversoul The Tentacled One

You go to 10. Second main phase I'll sac Bloodghast to Viscera Seer, and then because I wasn't on the ball, I have to wait until I get home to see the top card of my library again...
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Aw man. You must have a land.
  12. Oversoul The Tentacled One

It's only a Swamp!
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's enough!
  14. Oversoul The Tentacled One

OK, sac Bloodghast to Viscera Seer, create an Eldrazi Spawn of Pawn, move the top card of my library to the bottom, Swamp, Bloodghast comes back, done.

Spiderman: 10
    Library: 46
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Island x5

(S) Spined Thopter (2/1; Flying)
    (S) Lord of the Unreal (2/2; Illusion creatures I control get +1/+1 and have hexproof)

Exile:

Hand: 3
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

(U) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.)
    (T) Gatekeeper of Malakir (2/2; Kicker B. If ~ was kicked, when it etb, target player sacs a creature.)
    (S) Pawn of Ulamog (2/2; Whenever ~ or another nontoken creature I control dies, I may put a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn token creature onto the battlefield. It has "Sac this creature: Add 1 to my mana pool.)
    (S) Eldrazi Spawn (0/1; Sac ~: Add C to my mana pool.)

Exile:
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ugh. Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mind Control the Seer
    Responses?
    Library: 45
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Island x5

Mind Control (I control enchanted creature)

(U) Spined Thopter (2/1; Flying)
    (U) Lord of the Unreal (2/2; Illusion creatures I control get +1/+1 and have hexproof)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

(U) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.) *Controlled?*
    (T) Gatekeeper of Malakir (2/2; Kicker B. If ~ was kicked, when it etb, target player sacs a creature.)
    (S) Pawn of Ulamog (2/2; Whenever ~ or another nontoken creature I control dies, I may put a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn token creature onto the battlefield. It has "Sac this creature: Add 1 to my mana pool.)

Exile:
  16. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Sac the Seer to itself, generating another Spawn from Pawn and moving the top card of my library to the bottom.
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Done

Library: 45
    Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Island x5

(U) Spined Thopter (2/1; Flying)
    (U) Lord of the Unreal (2/2; Illusion creatures I control get +1/+1 and have hexproof)

Graveyard: Aether Adept, Aether Adept, Preordain, Aether Adept, Mind Control
    Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Vampire Lacerator, Pawn of Ulamog, Viscera Seer
    Exile:
  18. Oversoul The Tentacled One

UUD, Pawn of Ulamog (yes, the third one this game), attack with Gatekeeper, Bloodghast, and the not-summoning-sick Pawn of Ulamog. Blocks/responses?
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Thopter blocks Pawn
    Lord blocks Gatekeeper
  20. Oversoul The Tentacled One

All four creatures in combat die, I get four more Eldrazi Spawn, and you take 2?