Magic 2012 Event Decks: Spidey (Illusionary Might) vs Oversoul (Vampire Onslaught)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Viscera Seer, Bloodghast, done.

Spiderman: 16
Hand: 5
Library: 49
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Island x4

(S) Aether Adept (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target creature to its owner's hand)

Graveyard: Aether Adept
Exile:

====================================================================================================

Oversoul: 17
Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(S) Eldrazi Spawn (0/1; Sac ~: adds C to my mana pool.)
(S) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.)
(S) Bloodghast (2/1; Can't block. ~ has haste if opponent has 10 life or less. If ~ is in the graveyard and land etb under my control, I can return ~ to the battlefield.)

Graveyard: Vampire Lacerator, Pawn of Ulamog
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My Adept also goes to the graveyard :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Preordain, putting one card on the bottom of the library
My third Aether Adept, returning the Eldrazi Spawn
Glimmerpost

Done
Spiderman: 17
Library: 47
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Island x4
(U) Glimmerpost (When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life for each Locus on the battlefield.; T: Add C to my mana pool)

(S) Aether Adept (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target creature to its owner's hand)

Graveyard: Aether Adept, Aether Adept, Preordain
Exile:

====================================================================================================

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(S) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.)
(S) Bloodghast (2/1; Can't block. ~ has haste if opponent has 10 life or less. If ~ is in the graveyard and land etb under my control, I can return ~ to the battlefield.)

Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
In response, sac the Eldrazi Spawn to Viscera Seer. No idea what card I'm looking at until I get back home, though...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I move the card I see from Scry 1 to the bottom of my library. UUD, Gatekeeper of Malakir with kicker, targeting you. Assuming no responses, I'll attack with Viscera Seer and Bloodghast. Done after that (if there are no responses, but I might be forgetting something with Phyrexian mana or whatever, so I'd better hold up on updating the board).

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Done.

Spiderman: 14
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Island x4
(U) Glimmerpost (When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life for each Locus on the battlefield.; T: Add C to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Aether Adept, Aether Adept, Preordain, Aether Adept
Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(T) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.)
(T) Bloodghast (2/1; Can't block. ~ has haste if opponent has 10 life or less. If ~ is in the graveyard and land etb under my control, I can return ~ to the battlefield.)
(S) Gatekeeper of Malakir (2/2; Kicker B. If ~ was kicked, when it etb, target player sacs a creature.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Geez. Island
Spined Thopter
Lord of the Unreal

Done
Spiderman: 14
Hand: 2
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Island x5

(S) Spined Thopter (2/1; Flying)
(S) Lord of the Unreal (2/2; Illusion creatures I control get +1/+1 and have hexproof)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Swamp x3

(T) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.)
(T) Bloodghast (2/1; Can't block. ~ has haste if opponent has 10 life or less. If ~ is in the graveyard and land etb under my control, I can return ~ to the battlefield.)
(S) Gatekeeper of Malakir (2/2; Kicker B. If ~ was kicked, when it etb, target player sacs a creature.)

Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You go to 10. Second main phase I'll sac Bloodghast to Viscera Seer, and then because I wasn't on the ball, I have to wait until I get home to see the top card of my library again...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
OK, sac Bloodghast to Viscera Seer, create an Eldrazi Spawn of Pawn, move the top card of my library to the bottom, Swamp, Bloodghast comes back, done.

Spiderman: 10
Library: 46
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Island x5

(S) Spined Thopter (2/1; Flying)
(S) Lord of the Unreal (2/2; Illusion creatures I control get +1/+1 and have hexproof)

Exile:

Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

(U) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.)
(T) Gatekeeper of Malakir (2/2; Kicker B. If ~ was kicked, when it etb, target player sacs a creature.)
(S) Pawn of Ulamog (2/2; Whenever ~ or another nontoken creature I control dies, I may put a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn token creature onto the battlefield. It has "Sac this creature: Add 1 to my mana pool.)
(S) Eldrazi Spawn (0/1; Sac ~: Add C to my mana pool.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh. Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mind Control the Seer
Responses?
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Island x5

Mind Control (I control enchanted creature)

(U) Spined Thopter (2/1; Flying)
(U) Lord of the Unreal (2/2; Illusion creatures I control get +1/+1 and have hexproof)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

(U) Viscera Seer (1/1; Sac a creature: scry 1.) *Controlled?*
(T) Gatekeeper of Malakir (2/2; Kicker B. If ~ was kicked, when it etb, target player sacs a creature.)
(S) Pawn of Ulamog (2/2; Whenever ~ or another nontoken creature I control dies, I may put a 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn token creature onto the battlefield. It has "Sac this creature: Add 1 to my mana pool.)

Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Sac the Seer to itself, generating another Spawn from Pawn and moving the top card of my library to the bottom.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Done

Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Island x5

(U) Spined Thopter (2/1; Flying)
(U) Lord of the Unreal (2/2; Illusion creatures I control get +1/+1 and have hexproof)

Graveyard: Aether Adept, Aether Adept, Preordain, Aether Adept, Mind Control
Exile:

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Vampire Lacerator, Pawn of Ulamog, Viscera Seer
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Pawn of Ulamog (yes, the third one this game), attack with Gatekeeper, Bloodghast, and the not-summoning-sick Pawn of Ulamog. Blocks/responses?