Ixalan Double-Faced Card Stock

Oversoul

The Tentacled One

I don't know whether that video will turn out to be the best presentation of what's wrong with that announcement, but it's to-the-point and he's one of the most popular Magic video people.

Personally, I haven't really delved into this issue because I have, apparently, been one of the lucky ones. I mean, most of the money I've been spending on Magic has been going toward old cards for my collection, but I've bought substantial amounts of sealed product and generally not hit the more egregious print quality problems that some others have been seeing. Could be that my suppliers are hitting more of the good batches or whatever. But plenty of information is out there showing that it's happening to some people and happening repeatedly. Since this has been so prolific (for what's been over a year now, I think), my suspicion is that something has gone wrong at Cartamundi or that Cartamundi wasn't able to keep up with demand and that other, less established printers, have been turning out shoddy work.