It was a sad day...

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Yup, drama.

Yesterday I spent some hours rebuilding some of my decks: my Savra EDH deck, my lame zombie deck, my VWR deck, my Elf combo deck. I also build my second EDH deck, with Ulasht as the general. In the process I disassembled some other decks. This was actually a sad business. I have a couple of decks that shared too many cards with other decks or that had banned cards in it, so these decks got cannibalised: my Korlash deck (the Korlashes and Hymn to Tourachs are now in the new and improved zombie deck), my B/G rock deck (this deck was actually a proper The Rock and his millions deck, complete with 4 Vampiric Tutors... might've been my favorite deck ever, especially the later version with 4 Pernicious Deeds), my U/G madness deck (the Careful Studies are now in my Reanimator deck, and I don't want to spend the 4 bucks to buy a new playset) and most importantly my Survival deck.

I've ranted some time ago when Wizards was about to ban Survival, the gist is that it was my pet deck. I'm sure everyone who was playing Magic around the time of Exodus was impressed by RecSur. I had a brief break between that time and Nemesis (which, in hindsight, was a curious time to start playing Magic again), but the chance to finally build that deck was what got me back into playing Magic again. I had only 1 deck at the time, which was my first real deck ever: Stormbind. I started playing when Ice Age was brand new (or perhaps some time before that, around Fallen Empires, but I didn't know that sets even existed it's hard to tell... anyway, we're talking about 1995 or so), and after some black deck with awesome tech like Xenic Poltergeist to kill artifacts I settled on the awesomeness that was Stormbind/Howling Mine/Black Vise. Over time the deck developed into a vintage R/G zoo deck, and it ended as a R/G Survival Advantage for Legacy. Eventually red went out of favor for black, and Survival with Genesis and Shriekmaw is just great. When Survival got the axe I figured I could keep it together as a multiplayer deck, but if I'd be playing multiplayer I would likely be playing EDH anyway. So, to keep having some fun with Survival I put them in both the Savra and the Ulasht EDH decks. The remainder of the deck could morph into either BGW junk or RGW zoo: I already have the most expensive cards (goyfs, wastelands, karakas) and I'm only missing the Knights of the Reliququququruearoarayrey. But not right now. So, when I was desleeving the revised forests from the Survival deck to put them in my Ulasht EDH deck, it dawned on me: these forests had been in that sleeves since 1996. I am a sad man.

Killer Joe

Yup, been there done that. Last year I disassembled all of my decks but wrote them down for posterity. Then I assembled a small library of cards and put them in clear cheap sleeves (4 copies of each card) and made a compact "Cards of Importance and usefulness" box. It includes all of my 'staple' cards like; Wrath of God, Birds of Paradise, Propaganda, Jitte, Damnation, Undermine, Absorb, Flametongue Kavu, Mystic Snake, and the likes...