In terms of blue draw...

N

NeuroDeus

The omnipotent 'draw' card is Ancestrall Recall (3 cards for U) but it's of course either banned / restricted and hey it costs... so...

The three most used non-creature "draw" cards everywhere are Whispers of the Muse (because of it's buyback ability), Impulse (a strong 4 drawer) and Accumulated Knowledge (because of its ability to draw a good number of cards Max. 8 cards)

Are there any other "great' drawers? Gush? Probe? Opt/Slieght of Hand?

T

Turtlewax Joe

Top 3:

Ancestreal Recall
Fact or Fiction
Whispers of the Muse

Top 5:

Ancestreal Recall
Fact or Fiction
Whispers of the Muse
Accumulated Knowledge
Opt

Honorable Mentions:

Brainstorm
Sleght of Hand(the sorcery drawback prevents it from beating out Opt)
Gush

that's only my take though.

Z

Zadok001

Stroke of Genius and Brainstorm get props as big and powerful. Fact or Fiction and Ancestral Recall top the list, with Whispers (or Impulse, if you consider that card drawing) coming in third, IMHO.

P

Pezmeister

don't rule out prosperity - that card makes friends like nobody's business in mp games

G

Gizmo

Zadok mentions Stroke Of Genius. The forgotten cards are Windfall and Meditate.

E

Ephrils

Braingeyser seems to have been forgotten too. The Sorcery part of it slows it down from being as useful as it once was before Stroke though.

I like Opportunity. It's got the casting cost of a Braingeyser for 4, but it's an instant.

N

NeuroDeus

So a nice list of blue draw...

The Titans :-

Ancestrall Recall
Fact or Fiction
Stroke of Genius

The Always Faithful :-

Impulse
Whispers of the Muse
Accumulated Knowledge
Brainstorm
Windfall
Braingeyser

The Energy Choco-Bars :-

Gush
Opt
Meditate
Sleight of Hand
Opportunity
Prosperity

right or wrong? any other powerful draw?

P

Pezmeister

treasure trove
it's not all that powerful, but can get pretty ridiculous given the right enviornment

T

Turtlewax Joe

Treasure Trove is always an option. it's a bit over costed for my liking though!

T.J.

N

NeuroDeus

I was thinking mostly of non-permanent draw spells. No creatures/lands/enchantments...

What I am planning...

A DIY Deck Website... With sections related to each 'type' of cards (burn, counter, cantrip) with which you can use to build your own deck. Each card is summarized and it's pros and cons showed... No im not going to do a page with combos... You need to think up the combos... Of course I need different opinions...

L

Loonook

the better card is impulse. FoF is super as is ancestral... but whispers or impulse... theres really no choice here my friends

H

HumanError

I really wouldn't rank Opt terribly high up there. I've used it plenty of times, and I just don't like it. It's...it's not that good. I'd take Brainstorm over it any day.

I

Istanbul

I find myself playing Inspiration a lot. It's reasonably costed, draws me two cards, and is an instant. Sort of like a cross between Opt and Opportunity.

D

Duel

Ancestral, FoF, whispers, and impulse are good. all are good.
But the skull is god.
NECROPOTENCE. pity you have to exclude this and bargain because they're enchantments.....

I personally think Acc Knowledge is underrated. It's almost as good as FoF. Stroke and Brainstorm are there too, drawing cards like it's going out of style.

And what's been missed?
Collective unconcious can be good, if we're allowed out of blue, and if portal's in, then Overwhelming Forces.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think they're excluding Necro and Bargain because they're black, not because they're enchantments (hence the title of this thread ;) )

Nice to see you again, Duel!

Z

Zadok001

How dare they keep a brother out just 'cause his skin be black?!?

(That was probably not what Spidey meant, but I like my interpretation better, so HA! :p )

N

NeuroDeus

The next thread i was going to discuss was "in terms of black draw..." For know I need to get your humble opinions about blue draw...

I'm going to start the website in any moment know... when I have goody info...