Hurt/Heal

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
While it looks like the new game will be Beyond Balderdash, I found this on another forum and thought we could try it here.

Before I explain the rules though, post a Magic creature type. One post per day, but only the first 16 creature types will be taken.

I pick Dwarves, of course, for today.

E

Ephraim

I have no idea what is going on, but what do I have to lose?

Sphinx

B

BigBlue

Merfolk...

Hey, just cuz Wizards has forgotten them, I haven't...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna take that to mean Elementals :)

And today I'll contribute Bringers.

Only five more to go! Get your creature type in before the game starts :D

Creature types so far:

Bringers
Djinns
Dragons
Dwarves
Elementals
Golems
Kobolds
Merfolk
Slivers
Sphinxes
Zombies

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
And that's 16!

The Rules:

It's a simple game where you have some Magic creature types listed and each one has 10 points. Every member on the forums could make 1 turn per day and within that turn you could add (heal) or takeaway (hurt) points from any of the creature types.
When a creature type loses all points it gets dropped from the game and the last creature type remaining is the winner.

The only rules were that you could not hurt a creature type that was hurt from the previous poster. I.E: If I hurt the Sphinxes then the next poster could not hurt them but they could choose to heal them.
This rule also applys to healing them - If the previous poster healed a creature type then the next poster could not heal that creature type again.

When you post to hurt / heal, you have 2 points. You can dedicate any of those points to hurt or healing, If you wanted then you could dedicate 1 to healing and 1 to hurting.
This means that in 1 of your turns you could do either of the following:
  • hurt a creature type for 2 points,
  • heal a creature type for 2 points,
  • heal 2 creature types for 1 point,
  • hurt 2 creature types for 1 point
  • heal a creature type for 1 point and hurt another for 1 point.
You do not have to do the same thing on each of your turns so on one of your turns you could hurt Dragons for 2 points then on your next turn hurt Bringers for 2 points and then on another turn heal Dragons for 2 points (Meaning that you have decided to start backing them instead of trying to kill them)
An additional hint I found is keeping points > 10 in blue and points <10 in red.

So here we go!

Dwarves find a gold mine (+1)
Humans deforest some wood (-1)

Assassin 10
Bringers 10
Djinns 10
Dragons 10
Dwarves 11
Elementals 10
Golems 10
Humans 9
Kobolds 10
Leviathons 10
Merfolk 10
Slivers 10
Sphinxes 10
Walls 10
Wurm 10
Zombies 10

B

BigBlue

The dwarves quickly scramble to their open mine, however their Greed overtakes them as they collapse the tunnel. Two Dwarves down...

Assassin 10
Bringers 10
Djinns 10
Dragons 10
Dwarves 9
Elementals 10
Golems 10
Humans 9
Kobolds 10
Leviathons 10
Merfolk 10
Slivers 10