Echo chamber can kill??!!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

Its kinda a janky combo... but the humor makes up for it.. its potentially a turn one setup, turn 2 kill..

play echo chamber with leyline of singularity in play. then, when your opponent chooses a creature they control.. it will die :D each turn they have to do this :D

pretty good control if you ask me :D

N

Nightstalkers

4 mana costing artifact.... 4 to activate...

and you can only do it during your turn.

Your weakness is the fact that your opponent gets out more critters than that.

L

Limited

It's like Diabolic Edict on a Isochron Scepter!!

Only you need to have a Leyline of Singularity in play. And it costs (4). And you can only do it during your own turn.

I love it!

F

Force of Will Smith

very true... but both diabolic edict and isochron (definately) might be countered...

would you waste a counter on an echo chamber? exactly :D

L

Limited

If you make it work, and people face your deck again, you can bet on them saving a counterspell for the Echo Chamber..

(Its like when I got people in my playgroup to play a Terminate on an Overeager Apprentice :) )

K

Killerbob

Kind of an old combo. Before you used eye of singularity (white), now leyline. Leyline has the nice ability that you might begin the game with it in play, but EoS makes any copyspell a nekrataal/uktabi, so I guess that it is still the better choice. I have a deck like that but didnt include echo chamber since I think the activation cost is too high. But I should try it some day :)

F

Force of Will Smith

Brilliant! 8 of the same card would be just enough to build a deck around it!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Okay, I'm a bit lost. I'm sure this combo works, but I'm unsure as to how.

A while back, the rule was that the legend with the most recent timestamp (being the token coming into play) would be the creature that dies, not the one with the earliest timestamp. Has this rule changed?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Now it doesn't really work at all.
704.5k. If a player controls two or more legendary permanents with the same name, that player chooses one of them, and the rest are put into their owners' graveyards. This is called the “legend rule.” Only one copy of a given legendary card may be in control by a same player at the same time.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yep. Although I should note, especially as I've criticized many other changes, that I like the new legend rule much better. Or maybe that should be new, new, new, new legend rule? I forget how many times they've changed it. But yeah, you being able to interfere with one of my cards by having your own copy of that same card just felt weird and never really seemed like good gameplay. Same deal with the planeswalker uniqueness rule. It was weird to be running Tolarian Academy in a deck that didn't really want it, just to block an opponent's Tolarian Academy. Or to run Jace Beleren just to kill your opponent's Jace, the Mind Sculptor. Much cleaner to just let me run my cards and you run yours, and have real answers and countermeasures instead of weird rule technicality stuff.

Anyway, I just commented because I was looking through Single Card Discussion and saw a reference to Echo Chamber, a card I once put to some pretty bizarre use myself. Got to keep those thread necromancy skills fresh. :p

And although I'm sure I read this thread years ago and forgot about it, this was an interesting sort of interaction I hadn't really thought of, albeit one that is now obsolete.