CPA Chat Room

Z

Zero T Katama

We really should get a chatroom set up on IRC or something. It would be helpful to talk in semi-realtime as well as coordinate Apprentice matches.

T

train

They make fire extinguishers for firewalls!...;) :p

Edit: Just thought of this... what if a fire extinguisher was used on a firewall hardware piece?...:eek: :cool:

N

Notepad

They also make sledge hammes that can cure any problem your computer may be throwing your way, but that is another issue...

Maybe driving up the reader rate at CPA would mean the chat room gets used more.

Then again, the Dojo chat room was never really a bustling place of activity except in special events.

The best plan, communication-wise, is to just have the forums. :D

N

Nightstalkers

we thought we had a chat room??? wait, were is everyone in there.

N

Notepad

That's the dang problem, in order for a chat room to work others have to be there. So, you pop in, see nothing, walk away. get done playing in the kitchen with the ginsu knives, blender and the neighbor (no, not neighbor's cat or kids...just the neighbor) and come back to your idle computer and see nobody, and leave. Come back after a full day or gardening your "stash" in the secret back yard pod, and see somebody did come in:

1:45 RandomJoe: Hi room
1:45 RandomJoe *whispers to you*: Wanna cyber?
1:49 RandomJoe: boooooring
1:52 RandomJoe has left the chat channel

So, you take a cue from the pervert and just leave also. Hence chat rooms fail to work.

Now, message boards...they're meant to play the "post stuff and wait for replies" game. And, we all obviously enjoy it. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The chat room would be useful to thos who were on and wanted to "talk" at the same time without waiting for the 30 sec or 60 sec wait time between posts. We had a couple of those people and threads in Off-Topic a while ago, but we put a stop to that and put up the chat room for that purpose.

It can also be a place to organize Apprentice games, but that was when more members played Magic...

N

Nightstalkers

We did want to use the chat room at one time but couldn't get the thing to load up. guess we just messed it up with this browser.

Ferret

Staff member
After playing The Sims Online for 72 days I can honestly say I never want to see another chatroom again as long as I live.

-Ferret

"...aren't the forums good enough? If you like someone enough, invite them to a random chatroom elsewhere..."

N

Notepad

After playing The Sims Online for 72 days I can honestly say I never want to see another chatroom again as long as I live.
Funny, I have that same feeling, but from just using a functioning chat room.

...going to chat rooms has that effect on rational, sane beings. Everyone else just stays around.

ASL!!!!! WHO WANTS TOO CYBRR!!!?? DOWNLOAD TEH NUDE BRITNEY PIX ON MY SITE!!!!1

Yeah, everyone really needs that in their lives...

Ferret

Staff member
Mrs. F spends a couple ours or so a day on AoL chats - mostly just because the people there are so pathetic that they need to be mocked. She'll make the odd friend every now and then, but eventually their true colours come to light ("So, what are you wearing?") and she throws them on the ignore list.

I'm still frequenting The Sims Online message boards and am finding that I got out just in time. It's getting pretty scary.

-Ferret

"Magic is KEWEL! Wanna' hear about my new Blue deck?"

N

Nightstalkers

does anybody actually get anything out of chat rooms?

Anyhow, This new system is still giving us some bugs

N

Notepad

Ew, AOL chat rooms. Gave those up back in 1997, and have never since regretted the decision. Same goes for AOHell, or whatever fun moniker ya may call it. :D

N

Nightstalkers

its true, even the Half-Life chats were boring and hectic at times. Try gettin' bored enough to actually try to learn a new language on a chat room! Ha ha we're goin' nutz again! Muhahaha

S

Svenmonkey

Mrs. F spends a couple ours or so a day on AoL chats - mostly just because the people there are so pathetic that they need to be mocked. She'll make the odd friend every now and then, but eventually their true colours come to light ("So, what are you wearing?") and she throws them on the ignore list.
Heh. I went into one of them once. Me and some other kid were mocking away the scraps of dignity those idiots had left. It's pretty sad, for those folks are so terribly stupid they make a Yahoo chat room seem like a MENSA convention.

I'm sorry, but seeing someone enter, "stop ussing bgi wordz lossr" is just the highlight of my night.

N

Nightstalkers

What i still can't shake off is the fact that in the HL chats they use acronyms to the extreme:

AFK JK. OK U C Y I H8 it.

Ferret

Staff member
Curse you, TSO! I know what all of that means...

-Ferret

"I prefer English, thank you..."