Counting Counters

N

Nightstalkers

This is a deck I've been using... kinda.... and I just wanted to kno what'cha guys thought:

SB: 1 Steal Artifact
SB: 1 Disrupting Scepter
SB: 1 Ice Floe
SB: 1 Evacuation
SB: 2 Interdict
SB: 2 Dream Tides
SB: 3 Hydroblast
SB: 4 Chill
1 Ice Floe
2 Stalking Stones
4 Quicksand
19 Island
1 Rainbow Efreet
1 Capsize
2 Legacy's Allure
3 Nevinyrral's Disk
4 Whispers of the Muse
4 Impulse
4 Dismiss
1 Force Spike
1 Desertion
2 Dissipate
4 Memory Lapse
4 Power Sink
4 Counterspell

Instead of the whispers of the Muse, I usually just used 4 Disrupts... but I dunno, it might run better with the whispers in the middle game... but then again, the disrupt would go nicely with the counter theme...

Meh, maybe an excavation... but that would let my opponent draw too.... Hmm, I'm split minded about it.

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by Spiderman
So the main kill is the 3 creatures?
Yeah... It kinda stomps around here because I know what everyones strategy is going to be, so it shuts down 90% of those decks.

Only problem is the other 10% are weenies and I just don't have the ability to keep up with those... But I'm thinking of something sneaky or underhanded I can use to kill them off.

The main kill is not just 3 creatures, it's actually 3 creatures and whatever big nasty my opponent wants to whack me with (Legacy's Allure and Desertion help me there)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I like my Arctic Circus deck's anti-weenie tech. of Ophidian/Masticore. But I also have a lone Powder Keg in there, just in case I get the opportunity to use it. For your deck though, maybe trying a 4th Disk would help against weenies...

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by Oversoul
For your deck though, maybe trying a 4th Disk would help against weenies...
That or I could try a Fog Bank with something like an Entangler or something...

Hmm, problem is splashing the mana in and gettin' the lone enchantment... Hmm, interesting feat to perform there. Then again, I should try for other things too.

H

Homestar

?? i have no idea what half of the cards in here do but if by the title, its a counterspell deck, i think circular logic is cool, ssorta broken tho

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, the "goodness" of a card is relative of course, but I consider Circular Logic to be terrible...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
True...

Walking Sponge also looks cool in a way...

It might also be a good card if it costed zero...

H

Homestar

yea.....what card do you think is ccoolest looking out of all the cards you've seen?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Tough to say...

Pillage has possibly the coolest flavor text...

But a lot of cards have cooler pictures...

What exactly are we saying makes a card "ccoolest looking"?

H

Homestar

Just the card that you think has the best art, like, off the top of my head, with no thought, itts the darksteel fireball...........

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Heh...

Infernal Spawn of Evil then. Unglued rules!

...seriously, I'd have to say the Tempest Dark Ritual probably...

T

train

Where's a choke or boil when you need it?!...

you need spiny starfish in the deck...:)

H

Homestar

dude, spiny starfish is awesome..................id put viridian longbow on him and make him shoothimself then regenerate over and over then once i have my tokens and my mana, decree of savagry............

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Once, long ago, my army of Starfish tokens under Tidal Influence smashed right through opponents...