Coolest combo

T

Troll

My new favorite is Squee and a Masticore. During you upkeep, stack the abilities and return Squee then discard him. Bah-ro-ken.
:p :D :p

M

Mazzak

Mind over matter+ Arcanis the omnipotent+ a tim

Groundskeeper+ Seismic Assault

N

Nightstalkers

Donate + Illusions of Grandeur/ Psychic Vortex

Now that is a good choice! Mill yourself, or lose 20 life. Your choice...

or if you want brute force:

Ancestral Slate + Solitary Confinement + Mirrari's Wake + Phantoms.

Use fantoms as blockers and attackers, while protecting yourself with the confinement and using the slate to fuel it. Brilliant if used correctily.

Ferret

Staff member
Aether Flash plus Nature's Revolt...sure your lands will die, but so will his... a pyroclasm would help as well...

-Ferret

"...I think that lands deserve to be treated w/ the same respect as critters..."

N

Nightstalkers

critters catches on doesn't it...

Heck! Me.Pestilence has a nice deck revolving around lands for attackers and the good ol' Balance..

It makes you actually see the thought in his deck when you get killed after the 40th turn..

Ferret

Staff member
Hmmm...I just though of and adition to my Aether Flash deck - lots of Pro-Red creatures...two point Earthquakes are nice too...

-Ferret

"...talk about your Forest fires..."

T

Troll

I like Humility and Aether Flash...keeps the board clean (with a little Pyroclasm to get the one's in play).

Ferret

Staff member
Well, it would keep the board clean - but in the meantime, what do you do to win?

-Ferret

"...decking oponents is never all that fun..."

Ferret

Staff member
The Man Lands would die due to Aether Flash...if I timed the enchantments right...

-Ferret

"...poof!"

T

train

You wouldn't have to time the enchantments Ferret...

Revolt is a continuous effect... and Aether flash is triggered...

So the lands come in as 2/2's and then trigger the flash, as it stops hitting on flame bursts at the local hot spot...(gotta admit, pretty good puns there)... and notices creatures coming into play...

In older terms... Revolt is a blanket effect... like a cloud over the play zone... before the lands must come into play they go through this "blanket/cloud" and are 2/2 man-lands... then aether flash goes off as they land...(another good pun...)

okay.. I've had a little too much... i'll admit it...;)

N

Nightstalkers

Ok mister, hand over the secret stash of Punwheel cookies. You might be able to grow 'em, but you need to give the darned things up sooner or later.

What! a tangle tree. NOOOO!!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Ferret was talking about Troll's answer of Humility and Aether Flash, not using the Revolt... in which case you just put down a man-land (those lands from Urza's Sagas like Treetop Village or Faerie Enclave to make sure we're talking about the right man-lands) and then activate them. Since they're already in play, they won't trigger the Flash (although they'll just be 1/1s from the Humility).

T

train

Ferret said if he timed the enchantments right, and he had said
Aether Flash plus Nature's Revolt...sure your lands will die, but so will his... a pyroclasm would help as well...
Troll mentioned using the humility, and in response to that Ferret asked what the kill would be... to which troll said rage with kicker...

I just took it as what Ferret would be playing, since he said he'd time the enchantments right...:rolleyes: ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Troll mentioned using the humility, and in response to that Ferret asked what the kill would be... to which troll said rage with kicker...
Well, I presumed that Ferret would know what his own kill method would be of using the Revolt and Flash and Troll was stating his deck of using Humility and Flash. I didn't think Ferret was referring to playing such a deck and his way of getting rid of the man-lands, but looking back, it appears that's what he was referring to...

N

Nightstalkers

A creature and land lockdown with three cards... nice.

Now if you use rage w/ the kicker, you would still be in trouble with the guy across from you with his many lands that he tries to keep alive long enough to build something out of artifacts or even enchantments.

Screw the guy and he has nothing else to do... W/R/G? that seems alittle pricey. But I guess that if you used enchantments like (presuming your using Type I/Casual) Ancestrial mask and, if lands are not a problem, Blanchwood Armor.

seems a big project to me, but of course I'm just an infidel.

Ferret

Staff member
In all honesty I would never try to actually build a deck w/ those kind of cards in them...it would just be too sick and most Casual Players I know would just kill me on site...

-Ferret

"...or at least deluge me w/ Mountain Dew..."