Conflux rumors!

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I like the Rumor Mill, but I'm rarely tempted to discuss them. This one tickled my fancy, because it has some implications for casual players. Hopefully it's a cycle, with decent cards (because this one sucks):

Fiery Fall 5r
Instant
Fiery Fall deals 5 damage to target creature.
Basic land cycling 1r
Yet another twist on cycling... landcycling to be exact. I put twisted abomination in all my decks, but this one lets you fix colors. Cheap color fixing for the masses!

R

Rakarth

I'm always dubious when they try and make it so easy to grab all the lands you need, I just don't know why :) Why is it basiclandcycling and not mountain cycling on a red card, plains cycling on a white card (assuming there is a cycle) ?

Rakarth

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Rakarth;275859 said:
I'm always dubious when they try and make it so easy to grab all the lands you need, I just don't know why :) Why is it basiclandcycling and not mountain cycling on a red card, plains cycling on a white card (assuming there is a cycle) ?

Rakarth
I think because this block is about multicolored cards. So in this case, if your deck is base black, this card helps you find that single swamp and/or forest for a BRG card. It's landcycling with a twist.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman;275866 said:
Probably so the Vintage/older format players can't grab duals and the like.
That might be a concern if this thing had any potential in Vintage. It would have to be anylandyouwantcycling and they still might not use it.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
There's a land with transmute, that'll get you any land plus any spell costing 0. Like Engineered explosives. At least in legacy it is used, at least it has potential in vintage. Anylandyouwantcycling would have to cost less than 1UU, and I doubt that'd be balanced in extended.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Shabbaman;275898 said:
There's a land with transmute, that'll get you any land plus any spell costing 0. Like Engineered explosives. At least in legacy it is used, at least it has potential in vintage. Anylandyouwantcycling would have to cost less than 1UU, and I doubt that'd be balanced in extended.
Yeah, I was talking specifically about Vintage. It would be used in SOMETHING in Legacy, although I'm not sure what.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> Who knows. Presumably there's at least one in every color of this kind of mechanic and perhaps one of the other cards proved to be too strong in Vintage (probably blue :) ). We'd have to see the whole expansion card list to really tell.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not impossible, but I doubt that grabbing dual lands was the issue. My guess is that this is supposed to be better than something more specific, such as Mountaincycling. More for formats or players without duals. Because you COULD cycle it for a Mountain, but if you need a Swamp instead, you could grab that, so it's manafixing. Not being able to grab dual lands might just be a side effect.