Commander 2015: Spidey (Swell the Host) vs Mooseman (Call the Spirits)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Let's keep it that way :D

My Ancient gets 2 counters from your two spells.

Untap, upkeep - move a counter each from the Ancient to the Colossus, Oracle, and Caller, Draw - I take 1

Desert Twister the Shielded by Faith
Declare combat - using Ezuri's ability to put 2 ctrs on the Caller
Attack with the Colossus, Oracle, and Caller, trigger the Ascension three times and thus triggering its ability
Responses/blocks/damage?

Spidey: 37
Experience ctr: 2
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 2
Library: 83
Commander Zone: 2GU
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(U) Island
(U) Oran-Rief, the Vastwood (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each green creature that ETB this turn)
(T) Reliquary Tower (I have no maximum hand size.; T: Add C to my mana pool)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *9 quest ctr*

(T) Chameleon Colossus (12/12 from ctrs and Ascension; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Ezuri, Claw of Progress (Elf Warrior, 9/9 from ctrs and Ascension; Whenever a creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you get an experience counter.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, put X +1/+1 counters on another target creature you control, where X is the number of experience counters you have.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Forgotten Ancient (5/8 from Ascension; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put any # of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures)
(T) Coiling Oracle (12/12 from ctrs and Ascension; When ~ ETB, reveal the top card of my library. If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand.) *6 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Caller of the Pack (17/15 from ctrs and Ascension; Trample; Myriad) *4 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Desert Twister
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 36
Experience ctr: 1
Hand: 5
Library: 84
Commander Zone: 1BW

(TTT) Plain x3
(TT) Swamp x2
(T) New Benalia (ETB tapped. When ETB, scry 1. T: Add W to your mana pool.)

(U) Mesa Enchantress (Human Druid, 0/2, Whenever you play an enchantment spell, you may draw a card.) ~Shield~
(U) Daxos the Returned (Zombie Soldier, 2/2, Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you get an experience counter.
{1}{W}{B}: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience counters you have.")
(U) Fate Unraveler (Enchantment Creature - Hag, 4/3, Whenever an opponent draws a card, Fate Unraveler deals 1 damage to that player.)
(S) Oreskos Explorer (Cat Scout, 2/2, When Oreskos Explorer enters the battlefield, search your library for up to X Plains cards, where X is the number of players who control more lands than you. Reveal those cards, put them into your hand, then shuffle your library.)
(S) Ajani's Chosen (Cat Soldier, 3/3, Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, put a 2/2 white Cat creature token onto the battlefield. If that enchantment is an Aura, you may attach it to the token.)

Graveyard: Shielded by Faith
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Blocks
Colossus with Mesa
Oracle with Explorer
Chosen is unblocked because it's got trample
Need to top deck something.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I assume you meant the Caller is unblocked and I assume damage resolves since you're tapped out :)

So your Mesa and Explorer die and you take 17

Novijen, Heart of Progress

Done

Spidey: 37
Experience ctr: 2
Hand: 1
Library: 83
Commander Zone: 2GU
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U) Forest x4
(U) Island
(U) Oran-Rief, the Vastwood (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each green creature that ETB this turn)
(T) Reliquary Tower (I have no maximum hand size.; T: Add C to my mana pool)
(U) Novijen, Heart of Progress (T: Add C to my mana pool.; GU, T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each creature that entered the battlefield this turn)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *9 quest ctr*

(T) Chameleon Colossus (12/12 from ctrs and Ascension; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Ezuri, Claw of Progress (Elf Warrior, 9/9 from ctrs and Ascension; Whenever a creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you get an experience counter.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, put X +1/+1 counters on another target creature you control, where X is the number of experience counters you have.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Forgotten Ancient (5/8 from Ascension; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put any # of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures)
(T) Coiling Oracle (12/12 from ctrs and Ascension; When ~ ETB, reveal the top card of my library. If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand.) *6 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Caller of the Pack (17/15 from ctrs and Ascension; Trample; Myriad) *4 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Desert Twister
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 19
Experience ctr: 1
Hand: 5
Library: 84
Commander Zone: 1BW

(TTT) Plain x3
(TT) Swamp x2
(T) New Benalia (ETB tapped. When ETB, scry 1. T: Add W to your mana pool.)

(U) Daxos the Returned (Zombie Soldier, 2/2, Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you get an experience counter.
{1}{W}{B}: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience counters you have.")
(U) Fate Unraveler (Enchantment Creature - Hag, 4/3, Whenever an opponent draws a card, Fate Unraveler deals 1 damage to that player.)
(S) Ajani's Chosen (Cat Soldier, 3/3, Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, put a 2/2 white Cat creature token onto the battlefield. If that enchantment is an Aura, you may attach it to the token.)

Graveyard: Shielded by Faith, Mesa Enchantress, Oreskos Explorer
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yep and I draw nada
Good game
I got stuck with a few cards I couldn't cast (mana hosed) and some that depend on creatures in graveyards......

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo! Good game! Another rare win for me in these series!

Well, I guess that wraps up Commander 2015. Onto Commander 2016!