Commander 2015: Spidey (Swell the Host) vs Mooseman (Call the Spirits)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack, triggering the Ascension
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 5
Library: 87
Commander Zone: 2GU Ezuri, Claw of Progress (Elf Warrior, 3/3, Whenever a creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you get an experience counter.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, put X +1/+1 counters on another target creature you control, where X is the number of experience counters you have.)
Battlefield:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Oran-Rief, the Vastwood (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each green creature that ETB this turn)
(U) Reliquary Tower (I have no maximum hand size.; T: Add C to my mana pool)

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *3 quest ctr*

(T) Chameleon Colossus (4/4; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power)

Graveyard:
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 36
Hand: 6
Commander Zone: 1BW

(T) Plains
(UT) Swamp x2
(T) New Benalia (ETB tapped. When ETB, scry 1. T: Add W to your mana pool.)

Shielded by Faith (, EC, Enchanted creature has indestructible. Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may attach Shielded by Faith to that creature.)

(U) Mesa Enchantress (Human Druid, 0/2, Whenever you play an enchantment spell, you may draw a card.) ~Shield~
(S) Daxos the Returned (Zombie Soldier, 2/2, Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you get an experience counter.
{1}{W}{B}: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience counters you have.")

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Island (finally!)

Ezuri
Tap the Vastwood to put a ctr on him

Done

Hand: 4
Commander Zone: 2GU
Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Island
(T) Oran-Rief, the Vastwood (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each green creature that ETB this turn)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *3 quest ctr*

(T) Chameleon Colossus (4/4; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power)
(S) Ezuri, Claw of Progress (Elf Warrior, 4/4 from ctrs Whenever a creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you get an experience counter.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, put X +1/+1 counters on another target creature you control, where X is the number of experience counters you have.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:
Exile:

(T) Plains
(UT) Swamp x2

Shielded by Faith (, EC, Enchanted creature has indestructible. Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may attach Shielded by Faith to that creature.)

(U) Mesa Enchantress (Human Druid, 0/2, Whenever you play an enchantment spell, you may draw a card.) ~Shield~
(S) Daxos the Returned (Zombie Soldier, 2/2, Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you get an experience counter.
{1}{W}{B}: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience counters you have.")

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Plains
Fate Unraveler

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Island
(T) Oran-Rief, the Vastwood (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each green creature that ETB this turn)

(S) Ezuri, Claw of Progress (Elf Warrior, 4/4 from ctrs Whenever a creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you get an experience counter.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, put X +1/+1 counters on another target creature you control, where X is the number of experience counters you have.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 86

(TT) Plains
(UT) Swamp x2

{1}{W}{B}: Put a white and black Spirit enchantment creature token onto the battlefield. It has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of experience counters you have.") ~ 1 cntr~
(S) Fate Unraveler (Enchantment Creature - Hag, 4/3, Whenever an opponent draws a card, Fate Unraveler deals 1 damage to that player.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I put the experience ctr under your name to keep track of them.

Untap, upkeep, Draw and take 1

Forgotten Ancient, getting an experience ctr
Coiling Oracle, getting an experience ctr and triggering the Ancient and revealing my top card to be Forest so putting it onto the battlefield
Declare combat, putting 2 +1/+1 ctrs onto the Colossus from Ezuri's ability
Attack with the Colossus, triggering the Ascension
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 39
Experience ctr: 2
Hand: 3
Library: 85
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Island
(U) Oran-Rief, the Vastwood (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; T: Put a +1/+1 ctr on each green creature that ETB this turn)
(T) Reliquary Tower (I have no maximum hand size.; T: Add C to my mana pool)

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *4 quest ctr*

(T,A) Chameleon Colossus (6/6 from ctrs; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Ezuri, Claw of Progress (Elf Warrior, 4/4 from ctrs; Whenever a creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you get an experience counter.
(S) Forgotten Ancient (1/4 from ctrs; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put any # of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) ]Coiling Oracle (1/1; When ~ ETB, reveal the top card of my library. If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand.)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Experience ctr: 1

(TT) Plains
(UT) Swamp x2

(S) Fate Unraveler (Enchantment Creature - Hag, 4/3, Whenever an opponent draws a card, Fate Unraveler deals 1 damage to that player.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tap the Vastwood to put ctrs on my Ancient and Oracle

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Island

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *4 quest ctr*

(T) Chameleon Colossus (6/6 from ctrs; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Ezuri, Claw of Progress (Elf Warrior, 4/4 from ctrs; Whenever a creature with power 2 or less enters the battlefield under your control, you get an experience counter.
(S) Forgotten Ancient (2/5 from ctrs; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put any # of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Coiling Oracle (2/2 from ctrs; When ~ ETB, reveal the top card of my library. If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:
Exile:

(TT) Plains
(UT) Swamp x2

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Island

(T) Chameleon Colossus (6/6 from ctrs; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Forgotten Ancient (2/5 from ctrs; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put any # of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Coiling Oracle (2/2 from ctrs; When ~ ETB, reveal the top card of my library. If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:
Exile:

(UU) Plain x2
(UU) Swamp x2
(U) New Benalia (ETB tapped. When ETB, scry 1. T: Add W to your mana pool.)

(U) Daxos the Returned (Zombie Soldier, 2/2, Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you get an experience counter.
(U) Fate Unraveler (Enchantment Creature - Hag, 4/3, Whenever an opponent draws a card, Fate Unraveler deals 1 damage to that player.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Uh oh.... either you need land or you have a bunch on instants waiting to be cast....

Untap, upkeep - move both ctrs from the Ancient to the Oracle, Draw - I take 1

Declare Combat - use Ezuri's ability to add two ctrs to the Oracle
Responses?

Spidey: 38
Library: 84
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Island

(U) Chameleon Colossus (6/6 from ctrs; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Forgotten Ancient (0/3; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put any # of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures)
(U) Coiling Oracle (6/6 from ctrs; When ~ ETB, reveal the top card of my library. If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand.) *5 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:
Exile:

(UU) Plain x2
(UU) Swamp x2

(U) Daxos the Returned (Zombie Soldier, 2/2, Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, you get an experience counter.
(U) Fate Unraveler (Enchantment Creature - Hag, 4/3, Whenever an opponent draws a card, Fate Unraveler deals 1 damage to that player.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Attack with the Colossus and Oracle, triggering the Ascension twice
Responses/blocks/damage resolves?

Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Island

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *6 quest ctr*

(T,A) Chameleon Colossus (6/6 from ctrs; Changeling; Pro-Black; 2GG: ~ gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power) *2 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Forgotten Ancient (0/3; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put any # of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures)
(T,A) Coiling Oracle (6/6 from ctrs; When ~ ETB, reveal the top card of my library. If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand.) *5 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:
Exile:

(UU) Plain x2
(UU) Swamp x2

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sorry, block the Colossus with the Mesa as usual
Or if we are past that stage, then nothing else from me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, that's fine. I was actually wondering why you missed that one again :)

Spirit token dies.

Forest
Caller of the Pack, triggering the Ancient
Tap the Vastwood to put a ctr on the Caller

Done

Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T) Island

Beastmaster Ascension (Whenever a creature I control attacks, I may put a quest ctr on ~.; As long as ~ has seven or more quest ctrs on it, creatures I control get +5/+5) *6 quest ctr*

(U) Forgotten Ancient (1/4 from ctr; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put any # of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Coiling Oracle (6/6 from ctrs; When ~ ETB, reveal the top card of my library. If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand.) *5 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Caller of the Pack (9/7 from ctr; Trample; Myriad) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:
Exile:

(UU) Plain x2
(UU) Swamp x2

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh, nothing happening wuth this deck
UUD
Oreskos Explorer
Get PKins and play it
Ajani's Chosen

Done

Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T) Island

(U) Forgotten Ancient (1/4 from ctr; Whenever a player casts a spell, I may put a +1/+1 ctr on ~.; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put any # of +1/+1 ctrs from ~ onto other creatures) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Coiling Oracle (6/6 from ctrs; When ~ ETB, reveal the top card of my library. If it's a land, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand.) *5 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Caller of the Pack (9/7 from ctr; Trample; Myriad) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:
Exile:

(TTT) Plain x3
(TT) Swamp x2

(S) Oreskos Explorer (Cat Scout, 2/2, When Oreskos Explorer enters the battlefield, search your library for up to X Plains cards, where X is the number of players who control more lands than you. Reveal those cards, put them into your hand, then shuffle your library.)
(S) Ajani's Chosen (Cat Soldier, 3/3, Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, put a 2/2 white Cat creature token onto the battlefield. If that enchantment is an Aura, you may attach it to the token.)

Graveyard:
Exile: