Commander 2015: Spidey (Plunder the Graves) vs Mooseman (Wade Into Battle)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 3

Extractor Demon

Done

Spidey: 40
XP Ctrs: 2
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 7
Library: 82
Commander Zone: 2BG
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Golgari Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool)
(T) High Market (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; T, Sac a creature: I gain 1 life)

(T) Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. )
(S) Extractor Demon (5/5; Flying; Whenever another creature leaves the battlefield, I may have target player out the top two cards of his library into his graveyard.; Unearth 2B)

Graveyard: Korozda Guildmage, Altar's Reap, Lightning Greaves
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 24
Dmg from Commander: 12/21
Hand: 3
Library: 85
Commander Zone:2RW Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas (Giant Soldier, 3/3, Double strike, vigilance
Whenever you cast a creature spell with converted mana cost 5 or greater, you get an experience counter.
Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas gets +1/+1 for each experience counter you have.)
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UU) Mountain x2
(U) Vivid Crag (, , ~ ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) 2~cntr~
(T) Drifting Meadow (, L, ETB Tapped. T: W. Cycling 2 )
(U) Darksteel Ingot (, , Indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.).
(T) Coldsteel Heart (Snow Artifact, , ~ ETB tapped. As Coldsteel Heart comes into play, choose a color. T: W)
(T) Boros Signet (, A, 1, T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

Loxodon Warhammer (, EQ, Equipped creature gets +3/+0, has trample, and has "Whenever this creature deals damage, you gain that much life." Equip {3})

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign, Victory's Herald
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
This is so useless
UUD
Earth Quake for 4
Taurean Mauler

Done

Spidey: 40
Library: 82
Commander Zone: 2BG Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. )
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Golgari Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool)
(T) High Market (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; T, Sac a creature: I gain 1 life)

(S) Extractor Demon (5/5; Flying; Whenever another creature leaves the battlefield, I may have target player out the top two cards of his library into his graveyard.; Unearth 2B)

Exile:
Mooseman: 24
Hand: 2
Library: 84
Commander Zone:2RW Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas (Giant Soldier, 3/3, Double strike, vigilance
Whenever you cast a creature spell with converted mana cost 5 or greater, you get an experience counter.
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain x2
(T) Vivid Crag (, , ~ ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) 2~cntr~
(T) Darksteel Ingot (, , Indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.).
(T) Coldsteel Heart (Snow Artifact, , ~ ETB tapped. As Coldsteel Heart comes into play, choose a color. T: W)

Loxodon Warhammer (, EQ, Equipped creature gets +3/+0, has trample, and has "Whenever this creature deals damage, you gain that much life." Equip {3})

(S) Taurean Mauler (Shapeshifter , 2/2, Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Taurean Mauler.)

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign, Victory's Herald
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Adjusted our life totals from the Earthquake

When Meren leaves the battlefield, my Extractor Demon triggers so I'll have you mill two cards

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Demon for 5
Acidic Slime, triggering your Mauler (I'll assume you want the ctr, you can change it if you don't), targeting your Warhammer

Done
Spidey: 36
Library: 81
Commander Zone: 2BG Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. ) *Already cast 1 time*
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(U) Golgari Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool)
(U) High Market (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; T, Sac a creature: I gain 1 life)

(T) Extractor Demon (5/5; Flying; Whenever another creature leaves the battlefield, I may have target player put the top two cards of his library into his graveyard.; Unearth 2B)
(S) Acidic Slime (2/2; Deathtouch; When ~ ETB, destroy target artifact, enchantment, or land)

Exile:
Mooseman: 15
Library: 84 - 82
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain x2
(T) Vivid Crag (, , ~ ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) 2~cntr~
(T) Darksteel Ingot (, , Indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.).

(S) Taurean Mauler (Shapeshifter , 3/3 from ctrs, Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Taurean Mauler.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign, Victory's Herald, two cards from library, Loxodon Warhammer
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, things are getting good for you.
Miil
Sun Titan
Magus of the Wheel
UUD
Fall of the Hammer to have my Mauler deal 3 to your slime
Attack with the Mauler
Thought Vessel
Done

Spidey: 33
Commander Zone: 2BG Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. ) *Already cast 1 time*
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2

(T) Extractor Demon (5/5; Flying; Whenever another creature leaves the battlefield, I may have target player put the top two cards of his library into his graveyard.; Unearth 2B)

Graveyard: Korozda Guildmage, Altar's Reap, Lightning Greaves, Acidic Slime
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UT) Mountain x2
(U) Coldsteel Heart (Snow Artifact, , ~ ETB tapped. As Coldsteel Heart comes into play, choose a color. T: W)
(U) Boros Signet (, A, 1, T: Add RW to your mana pool.)
(U) Thought Vessel (, A, You have no maximum hand size. {T}: Add {C} to your mana pool.)

(T) Taurean Mauler (Shapeshifter , 3/3 from ctrs, Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Taurean Mauler.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign, Victory's Herald, two cards from library, Loxodon Warhammer, Sun Titan, Magus of the Wheel
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As a note, you have to mill two more cards when my Slime goes to my graveyard.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Sol Ring
Attack with the Demon
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 6
Library: 80
Battlefield:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(T,U,U) Forest x3

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

Exile:
Library: 81 - 79
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UT) Mountain x2
(U) Coldsteel Heart (Snow Artifact, , ~ ETB tapped. As Coldsteel Heart comes into play, choose a color. T: W)
(U) Thought Vessel (, A, You have no maximum hand size. {T}: Add {C} to your mana pool.)

(T) Taurean Mauler (Shapeshifter , 3/3 from ctrs, Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Taurean Mauler.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign, Victory's Herald, Sun Titan, Magus of the Wheel, Loxodon Warhammer, two cards from library
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 5

Meren for the second time, triggering your Mauler

Done

Commander Zone: 2BG *Already cast 1 time*
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T,T) Forest x3

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

(S) Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. )

Exile:
Mooseman: 10
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UT) Mountain x2

(T) Taurean Mauler (Shapeshifter , 4/4 from ctrs, Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Taurean Mauler.) *2 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign, Victory's Herald, Sun Titan, Magus of the Wheel, Loxodon Warhammer, Sandstone Oracle, Forgotten Cave
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Seer's Sundial

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T,T) Forest x3

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

(S) Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. )

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UT) Mountain x2
(U) Darksteel Ingot (, , Indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.).

Seer's Sundial (, A, Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay {2}. If you do, draw a card.)

(U) Taurean Mauler (Shapeshifter , 4/4 from ctrs, Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Taurean Mauler.) *2 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign, Victory's Herald, Sun Titan, Magus of the Wheel, Loxodon Warhammer, Sandstone Oracle, Forgotten Cave
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Shriekmaw w/Evoke cost, triggering your Mauler
Responses?
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U,U) Forest x3

(U) Extractor Demon (5/5; Flying; Whenever another creature leaves the battlefield, I may have target player put the top two cards of his library into his graveyard.; Unearth 2B)
(U) Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. )
(S) Shriekmaw (3/2; Fear; When ~ ETB, destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature; Evoke 1B)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UT) Mountain x2

Seer's Sundial (, A, Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay {2}. If you do, draw a card.)

(U) Taurean Mauler (Shapeshifter , 5/5 from ctrs, Changeling (This card is every creature type at all times.)Whenever an opponent plays a spell, you may put a +1/+1 counter on Taurean Mauler.) *3 +1/+1 ctr*

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mauler dies, Shriekmaw dies, triggers Meren, both trigger Demon so you mill 4

Attack with Demon and Meren
Responses/blocks/take it?

XP Ctrs: 3
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U,U) Forest x3

(T) Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. )

Graveyard: Korozda Guildmage, Altar's Reap, Lightning Greaves, Acidic Slime, Shriekmaw
Exile:
Library: 79 - 75
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UT) Mountain x2

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign, Victory's Herald, Sun Titan, Magus of the Wheel, Loxodon Warhammer, Sandstone Oracle, Forgotten Cave, Taurean Mauler, 4 cards from library
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's a whopping 8

Done - get back Shriekmaw

XP Ctrs: 3
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U,U) Forest x3

Exile:
Mooseman: 2
Dmg from Commander: 15/21
Library: 75
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UT) Mountain x2

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign, Victory's Herald, Sun Titan, Magus of the Wheel, Loxodon Warhammer, Sandstone Oracle, Forgotten Cave, Taurean Mauler, Terramorphic Expanse, Hamletback Goliath, Evolving Wilds, Desolation Giant
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD

Lightning Greaves

Ha ha ha ha
A little too late.
With my only creature card costing 7 I don' have enough to equip it..........

You won this one with the shriekmaw mojo. My creatures were way to expensive and I lost the race
Great game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game! Yeah, I was pretty fortunate to draw the Shriekmaw fairly early... woo, one of my few wins in Commander! I guess I'll try Wade Into Battle next.