Commander 2015: Spidey (Plunder the Graves) vs Mooseman (Wade Into Battle)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Try that again, I'll post what my board is.
UUD
Sunrise Sovereign
Done

Spidey: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 85
Commander Zone: 2BG
Battlefield:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Golgari Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B or G to my mana pool)

(T) Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. )

Graveyard: Korzoda Guildmage, Altar's Reap, Lightning Greaves
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 33
Dmg from Commander: 3/21
Hand: 4
Library: 86
Commander Zone:2RW Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas (Giant Soldier, 3/3, Double strike, vigilance
Whenever you cast a creature spell with converted mana cost 5 or greater, you get an experience counter.
Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas gets +1/+1 for each experience counter you have.)
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(T) Vivid Crag (, , Vivid Crag ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Crag: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(T) Drifting Meadow (, L, ETB Tapped. T: W. Cycling 2 )
(T) Darksteel Ingot (, , Indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.).
(T) Coldsteel Heart (Snow Artifact, , ~ ETB tapped. As Coldsteel Heart comes into play, choose a color. T: W)
(U) Boros Signet (, A, 1, T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

(S) Sunrise Sovereign (Giant Warrior, 5/5, Other Giant creatures you control get +2/+2 and have trample.)

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

High Market
Shriekmaw w/evoke cost
Responses?
Hand: 5
Library: 84
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Forest x2
(U) High Market (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; T, Sac a creature: I gain 1 life)

(U) Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. )
(S) Shriekmaw (3/2; Fear; When ~ ETB, destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature.; Evoke 1B)

Graveyard: Korzoda Guildmage, Altar's Reap, Lightning Greaves
Exile:
Commander Zone:2RW Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas (Giant Soldier, 3/3, Double strike, vigilance
Whenever you cast a creature spell with converted mana cost 5 or greater, you get an experience counter.
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2
(T) Vivid Crag (, , Vivid Crag ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Crag: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(T) Darksteel Ingot (, , Indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.).
(T) Coldsteel Heart (Snow Artifact, , ~ ETB tapped. As Coldsteel Heart comes into play, choose a color. T: W)

(S) Sunrise Sovereign (Giant Warrior, 5/5, Other Giant creatures you control get +2/+2 and have trample.)

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just realized I should have the Guildmage back in my hand from the first time I had Meren out. For some reason, I thought his ability started triggering at 1 xp ctr. Oh well.

Your Sovereign dies, my Shriekmaw dies, I get an xp ctr.
Attack with Meren
Responses/blocks/take it?

XP Ctrs: 1
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Forest x2

(T) Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. )

Graveyard: Korzoda Guildmage, Altar's Reap, Lightning Greaves, Shriekmaw
Exile:
Battlefield:

(TT) Mountain x2

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I just realized I should have the Guildmage back in my hand from the first time I had Meren out. For some reason, I thought his ability started triggering at 1 xp ctr. Oh well.
So, what happened is that you choose not to get the creature back when the trigger resolved......
UUD
Plains
Victory's Herald
Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Forest x2

Graveyard: Korzoda Guildmage, Altar's Reap, Lightning Greaves, Shriekmaw
Exile:
Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(TT) Mountain x2
(T) Vivid Crag (, , ~ ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) 2~cntr~
(U) Darksteel Ingot (, , Indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.).
(T) Boros Signet (, A, 1, T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

(S) Victory's Herald (Angel, 4/4, Flying. Whenever Victory's Herald attacks, attacking creatures gain flying and lifelink until end of turn.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So, what happened is that you choose not to get the creature back when the trigger resolved......
Is it a choice though? It seems like a mandatory action... I'm not saying to go back and do it though, it's my fault for missing it.

I actually wasn't done with my turn, so I assume no responses to combat, you take 3 and at the end of my turn, Meren triggers and I return the Guildmage to my hand. Does that change your turn any?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Forest x2

Graveyard: Korozda Guildmage, Altar's Reap, Lightning Greaves
Exile:
Mooseman: 30
Dmg from Commander: 6/21
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(TT) Mountain x2
(T) Vivid Crag (, , ~ ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) 2~cntr~
(U) Darksteel Ingot (, , Indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.).

(S) Victory's Herald (Angel, 4/4, Flying. Whenever Victory's Herald attacks, attacking creatures gain flying and lifelink until end of turn.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Nope, my turn is the same.
The choice is in the rules test, "choose target creature card in my graveyard"
But they did change some of the rules with missed triggers a few years ago.
I forget what the actual wording is.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Shriekmaw w/evoke cost
Responses?

Library: 83
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Forest x2

(U) Meren of Clan Nel Toth Legendary Creature-Human Shaman (3/4; Whenever another creature I control dies, I get an experience counter.; At the beginning of my end step, choose target creature card in my graveyard. If that card's converted mana cost is less than or equal to the number of experience counters I have, return it to the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into my hand. )
(S) Shriekmaw (3/2; Fear; When ~ ETB, destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature.; Evoke 1B)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(TT) Mountain x2

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Herald dies, Shriekmaw follows, Meren triggers.

Attack with Meren

XP Ctrs: 2
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Forest x2

Graveyard: Korozda Guildmage, Altar's Reap, Lightning Greaves, Shriekmaw
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(TT) Mountain x2

Graveyard:Fiery Confluence, Sunrise Sovereign, Victory's Herald
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I hope you don't spoil it :D

That's 3

Done - Use Meren to return Shriekmaw to my hand
Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Forest x2

Exile:
Mooseman: 27
Dmg from Commander: 9/21
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(TT) Mountain x2

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yeah it's working perfect against this deck
UUD
Loxodon Warhammer
Done

Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U) Forest x2

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UU) Mountain x2
(U) Vivid Crag (, , ~ ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) 2~cntr~

Loxodon Warhammer (, EQ, Equipped creature gets +3/+0, has trample, and has "Whenever this creature deals damage, you gain that much life." Equip {3})

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with Meren

Hand: 8
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Forest x2

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UU) Mountain x2
(U) Vivid Crag (, , ~ ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add R to your mana pool. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) 2~cntr~

Loxodon Warhammer (, EQ, Equipped creature gets +3/+0, has trample, and has "Whenever this creature deals damage, you gain that much life." Equip {3})

Exile: